E-shuushuu Mobile Edition

Important stuff goes here?
Hopeful_Encounter

Re: E-shuushuu Mobile Edition

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

Oh shizzle gizzen gar. Phooey. *sigh* Well, you certainly fooled me! ^^;
I hope that someday an offical Shuu app will be made.
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Lol seriously? How could you not see it? link!
I've put my mouse over the Download button, and a little link was shown on the lower left corner of my screen. That URL leads you to a dead end. Besides, it would have been more simple to upload the app to Shuu or a file hosting site.

And it wasn't low, Meagan. It was quite a good one. I think I laughed most at this. Thank you Eva-sama! Thank you for making me laugh! Kekekeke.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Knew it was a trick, but a shuu app would be nice.

...for Android. ;w;
私は悪魔です。
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

Yatchen wrote:Knew it was a trick, but a shuu app would be nice.

...for Android. ;w;
anony expressed interest in doing android version =D Go bug him lol!
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Tensa wrote:Lol seriously? How could you not see it? link!
I've put my mouse over the Download button, and a little link was shown on the lower left corner of my screen. That URL leads you to a dead end. Besides, it would have been more simple to upload the app to Shuu or a file hosting site.

And it wasn't low, Meagan. It was quite a good one. I think I laughed most at this. Thank you Eva-sama! Thank you for making me laugh! Kekekeke.
Actually for iPhone apps, you have to go through iTunes store. You also need an enrolled ($99 to enroll) apple developer account, otherwise if you are only using a registered apple developer account like I am, the app will only run in the iOS xCode simulator and not on actual devices. There's also a bunch of other legal stuff you have to do, but I'm not sure if that applies to free applications.

Android apps however can be published on a bunch of other places (such as google play, but I don't know the proccess on how to publish there.)

So yeah...still have lots of work to do before the iPhone app is a reality.
Merun

Post by Merun »

As long as you don't do like me, create an iPhone game in less than 2 weeks when you don't know what a malloc is because you never had a C course. ( it worked btw, in Xcode simulator, with 4gb of RAM xD )
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

99$?! They are crazy.... That amount of money can keep me alive for two to three weeks!
Besides, I express no interest in this since I do not own and have no interest in buying an iPhone or any Apple product. I am pleased with my Symbian OS phone.
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Tensa wrote:99$?! They are crazy.... That amount of money can keep me alive for two to three weeks!
Besides, I express no interest in this since I do not own and have no interest in buying an iPhone or any Apple product. I am pleased with my Symbian OS phone.
Thats because that $99.00 is supposed to be an investment, since you can sell stuff in the iTunes store. XD
Just think of it this way. For $99.00, your app is instantly accessible to all (maybe all in your region) iphone/ipad users. If your app is $1.00 and you sell to 100 people every month...then the $99.00 is worth it no?
Merun

Post by Merun »

More like 130 apps per month in order to recoup with the 30% of Apple's commission. On the other hand, 30% of 0$, meaning a potential shuu app remain free xD. Some people who invested 99$ managed to get a good ROI.
Merun @ Twitter
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Well, you're not really limited to 1 app with that $99.00 either, so you can probably make a whole bunch of them and then hopefully get your money back ^^;
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

First, learn how to make one.
Second, make sure it's something useful or fun. Otherwise it won't buy.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

A shuushuu mobile app would be nice but I doubt I'll have the time to learn the APIs and write an app any time soon. If I did, it would be Android. I have no interest in doing an iPhone app myself. If some one else wants to write one, go for it. I can supply the necessary APIs on the server side to get it working.
e-shuushuu!
Ran

Post by Ran »

If an app like the one promoted in the joke is actually developed, I will front the $99 for the application fee.