Ads on image board

Important stuff goes here?
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Ads on image board

Post by anonymous_object »

Hey all, I bet you've noticed the return of ads on the image board....

Well, the person that was splitting the cost of the web server (that shuushuu is hosted on) has informed me that he has decided to no longer do so and now all the costs are my responsiblity. Before this happened, I was having trouble paying for the servers and now things are even more difficult. While I have received a few donations for shuushuu, the total in donations this year has been less than $50 (not even enough for a month of server fees) :(

Thus, I have decided to try text ads once again (with a new company) in hopes of paying for the additional cost. I tried ads earlier this year on shuushuu and it was nice for a while. That is, it was nice until some one decided to click-bomb the site several hundred times in a hour and got my Google adsense account disabled.

So, if you feel like clicking an ad, go for it as it will help pay for shuushuu, but please don't repeatedly click on ads and close the ad page. Alternatively, you can always donate by paypal :D
e-shuushuu!
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

I would do anything I can to keep shuu up and running,
as much as I unwillingly admit, shuu has already become a part of my life.
:P

Unfortunately, I do not have the means necessary to send in a donation, though, I would be more than happy to click the ad 2-3 times a week or more.
(Although, I assure you, it was not me who 'clicked-bombed' the ads +_+)
Good Luck Shuu! :D
Rimu-Ch4n
Location: That country with the Tulips and Dykes and Windmills next to Germany ^_^

Post by Rimu-Ch4n »

click-bombing a link, ofc they'll notice something is wrong...

I'm sure we all wont mind the adds

shuushuu must survive! T-T
Biba

Post by Biba »

I usually click ads once a day, is that too often? I used to do that, I hope that wasn't too much. I started clicking the new one already, I hope it will help a little.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Wow, I've realized that I've never made a donation. Sending a donation now. I'll be sure to click some links later too. ShuuShuu has become part of my daily routine and also keeps me occupied while at work since I don't do anything else. :)
Last edited by Ran on Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I'll try and click the ads daily.

Anony, if you're ever in a pinch that you may have to shut e-shuushuu down, I have friend who recently got an unlimited traffic connection (adsl though) and he was thinking of distro'ing/hosting some anime, his connection should be able to handle hosting e-shuushuu in a pinch I think...
If his new ISP is very good I thought of getting such a connection too, but I'm happy with my current ISP as it's fast and has enough traffic limit for me. (Plus I'd have to switch from cable to adsl, which means getting a phoneline...)
canis

Post by canis »

Gah, ignorance. >_<
I sometimes tend to forget that money is needed to keep sites like this one alive... sorry I also try to support you.

I'm just abit reluctant about this ads. Some of them look abit suspicous (like installing adware).

I will either try clicking on them once in awhile though (what are anti-adware programs there for :P) or just donate if my finances allow it.
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

err clicking on ads makes it cheaper for you to run e-shuushuu? i guess ill be clicking on them once a day or something so i can help
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Ran Kizama wrote:Wow, I've realized that I've never made a donation. Sending a donation now. I'll be sure to click some links later too. ShuuShuu has become part of my daily routine and also keeps me occupied while at work since I don't do anything else. :)
Yays, a donation ^^
That brings this year's year total donations up to $45 :D
e-shuushuu!
0okami

Post by 0okami »

chk your email.
you have received another donation. ^_^
Its not much but... I hope it helps.

I really appreciate all the work everyone has put into e-shuushuu. In my opinion, its the BEST image board I have seen in both technical aspects and respectful community presence. Dakara, Mina-san, honto ni arigatou gozaimasu. Anyonymouse_object otsukaresama deshita.
e-shuushuu wa ichiban! banzaii!! banzaii!!!
~0okami.
msn: ookami.digital @ gmail.com

anonymous_object
Site Admin

Nice, thank you for the donation ^^
e-shuushuu!
Ran

Post by Ran »

You've got mail! It has money! :D
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Yar, I noticed. That was a nice surprise :)
At first I thought I was looking in the wrong inbox since the last shuushuu donation was in September last year ;)
Haha, anyway, thanks a lot for it.
e-shuushuu!
Ran

Post by Ran »

lol, no problem. We need a more prominent donation tab on the main page. (^_^)
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Once I get my own PayPal account, I'll donate part of what I earn from my paid posting.