Site change - 12/12/07 - Rating system update

Important stuff goes here?
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I'm not sure if it's related, but some posts are kind of not showing. This picture for example:

http://e-shuushuu.net/image.php?mode=vi ... e_id=82079

I posted a comment on it yesterday, but it doesn't show unless I post a second comment. Or maybe it's just here.
Biba

Post by Biba »

I'm sure a lot of members must have told you by now, but all members' favorites and pms have disappeared :shock: I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with these changes though :?
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

A.Dantes wrote:It could be argued ( which doesn't necessarily mean that I believe it is ) that sorting by image views is currently a better measurement than sorting by rating or Bayesian rating.

A request for some form of written guidelines for what each rating should mean still stands. Past experience indicates that ten point scales tend towards 7 as "Average, nothing special" in the absence of guidelines, for some reason.
This makes no sense.... the scale is 1-10, 1 being the worst rating, 10 being the highest. It's as simple as that, no need to complicate it any further. Members choose a rating based on how good or nice they feel the image is. The whole point of the bayesian system is to fix the "7 as average, nothing special" mentality. The ratings will automatically be weighted based on the entire member base's average ratings. In essence, it will balance itself.

A.Dantes wrote:And for a random bug report,

Code: Select all

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /var/www/e-shuushuu.net/includes/functions_main.php on line 374
appears when viewing http://e-shuushuu.net/image.php?mode=view&image_id=52
Orphaned user records... 2 of them... they have been removed.
Last edited by anonymous_object on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e-shuushuu!
anonymous_object
Site Admin

AngelLily wrote:I'm not sure if it's related, but some posts are kind of not showing. This picture for example:

http://e-shuushuu.net/image.php?mode=vi ... e_id=82079

I posted a comment on it yesterday, but it doesn't show unless I post a second comment. Or maybe it's just here.
The image post count drifted from the actual so posts were not displayed on that image until it had 2+ posts. Fixed.
e-shuushuu!
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Biba wrote:I'm sure a lot of members must have told you by now, but all members' favorites and pms have disappeared :shock: I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with these changes though :?
Ah, well... this is the fun one. We seem to have a little friend who has been attacking the site for the past couple days looking for vulnerabilities. Due to some not so good coding practices on my part and this person's dedication, favorites and private messages from most of Thursday were lost. All favs and privmsgs prior to Dec. 12 have been restored. Suffice it to say, I have this person's IP address and will be contacting his ISP.
e-shuushuu!
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

@_@ Whoah.. i hope you can get him, anony-san!! That sounds.. scary. I mean, not good.. tsk2 bad person..
Oh, and thanks for the new features..^^ The sakura petals were cute, but this is more accurate ^^. Thank you for all your efforts, anony-san~! ^^