Site Update

Important stuff goes here?
A.Dantes

Site Update

Post by A.Dantes »

Recently, a rather large update to E-Shuushuu went live that made changes to a number of sections. The cosmetic changes are obvious. However, there are other improvements that may merit further description.

Search
The code for suggesting tags has been improved. It is now possible to scroll through the options using the up and down arrows and selecting your choice with the enter key.

Additionally, tags can be excluded from searches. To exclude a tag from a search, prefix the tag with an exclamation. This applies both to source and image tags.
ex: "gun" !"dress" ( Search for all images with the tag gun, but not the tag dress )

Images
It is now possible to mark images as spoilers. The previews for all spoilers will be replaced with a notice, but the image is still fully accessible for anyone that chooses to follow the link.

IE users will find the quoting now works properly. Anyone without JavaScript will find that they can now reply to images correctly. Everyone will find that we have a new bbCode system in place. It supports the following tags:
  • [quote]{Text}[/qoute]
  • [quote="{Quotee}"]{Text}[/quote]
  • [spoiler]{Text}[/spoiler]
  • [spoiler="{The series being spoiled.}"]{Text}[/spoiler]
  • {Website address}
  • {Display text}
Note that URLs inside spoiler tags may still be visible.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Yep, lots of new features. Thanks to A.Dantes for putting in a lot of work for many of these new features. As always, please report any bugs or strange behaviors to me or the mods d^_^
e-shuushuu!
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Hrm, when I first went to the revamped site, it looked all kinds of messed up. Essentially it wasn't grouping a comment thread with its given picture. The comments were below the right image, but they weren't in a drawn box. And all of the login stuff was at the bottom of the screen below the images.

But a refresh fixed that. ^^ I went back in my tab's history to the point where it looked all weird, but now it looks right, so it doesn't look like I'll be able to recreate the behavior to take a screenshot (since I admit my description doesn't really do a very good job of getting the point across).
A.Dantes

Post by A.Dantes »

Almost the entire CSS file was rewritten. If your browser has cached a copy of the file from before the changes were uploaded, then most of the styling information will be wrong or outdated. As you noted, refreshing causes your browser to get the correct stylesheet.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Just a few idea.

We added the chat in the sidebar, but it's only the Java client. I think adding a little link for other client would be cool. irc://irc.chatsociety.net/e-shuushuu .

For the spoiler image, I guess the poster can set it too. Maybe a little check box post for the upload form for spoiler could be added so that it's no needed to go to the image after uploading to set it.
Merun @ Twitter
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

A.Dantes wrote:Almost the entire CSS file was rewritten. If your browser has cached a copy of the file from before the changes were uploaded, then most of the styling information will be wrong or outdated. As you noted, refreshing causes your browser to get the correct stylesheet.
Ah, I figured it was a matter of the page being cached (but it was just a hunch since my web knowledge is fairly lacking), so I was looking for confirmation. Thanks. ^^
kawaii-star

Post by kawaii-star »

Is it possible to make the username and user title not centered? Kinds looks weird seeing centered names and titles. Also maybe we can try to put an image for those repost signs? Something like the image disabled sign could be good enough. It is just odd to see plain text where an image should be.
A.Dantes

Post by A.Dantes »

Its possible to change anything, including the centering of names and titles. The only question is which view most of the users hold on that issue.

The repost and spoiler images are placeholders. They just need someone to produce and share a good alternative.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I actually enjoyed the centered usernames and titles a lot.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I would prefer left justified... but even more important is that longer usernames (such as mine) as being cut off.
e-shuushuu!
Merun

Post by Merun »

A.Dantes wrote:Its possible to change anything, including the centering of names and titles. The only question is which view most of the users hold on that issue.

The repost and spoiler images are placeholders. They just need someone to produce and share a good alternative.

Proposed alternative for the Repost xD

Merun @ Twitter
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

Oh my god!I love the new stuff!
I like the centered usernames like AngelLily