The Moon
4%
Other
4%

Total votes: 111

canis

Re: So where are you from?

Post by canis »

Im kidding XD that's based of a really bad joke about some Americans thinking there actualler ARE polarbears in Sweden, because it can get soo cold. xD
Oh my, and I fell for it too... T_T I fail at being european...
And that was the cutest story ever, it actually REALLY touched me. I dont mind Sweden being yours. ^^ you can keep it that way for sure!
Lol, thanks. ^^ But I admit, even though I like sweden because of this, I never really bothered to learn anything about sweden. x_x
My "bond" to sweden only shows like in national competitions (like that singing one) where I always cheer for either sweden or my own country (germany). I actually don't know anything about sweden, beside what the flag looks like. :oops:
But actually, I can sympathize. As I said somewhere (I think in this thread), I lived in North Dakota. A place where the average year-round temperature was -10F with windchill (or so it seemed), and if it wasn't snowing almost non-stop for 6 months out of the year, every person in the state would be convinced of the reality of global warming.
I couldn't imagine to live in such a cold country. X___X
For my taste even germany is much to cold... T_T
I only live in summer, the rest of the year I just survive until the next summer... (a kind of hibernation? my school grades are also always down in winter and good in summer.....)
Hey, I'm Dutch... I walk on wooden shoes, fix dykes with my index finger, sniff at tulips AND I smoke pot and go to the Red light district...
Yeah, those are pretty much all the "information" about the netherlands that I grew up with and we are neighbours... x_x

Nice to see this topic this active. I actually like to talk about different countries and their differences to others. I'm mostly anti-glabalisation, because I like it to know that there are places that are "different". Of course waring because of differences sucks, but I like it to "learn" about different ways of different peoples. Imagine the world becomes one nation, everything mixes and blends and you go to japan and people look and act the same like in your home country. =/
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Nine_Lives wrote:
wrexness wrote: Also, everyone thinks we talked by saying "eh" and "don-cha-no" because of the movie Fargo... >_>;
Question: If I go around saying "eh" all the time does that mean I need to move up there? Kidding, it seems Canada fits the streotype better. >_<
This is true, but it's so close to Canada that most people associate it more with our neighbor to the north than this country. ^^;
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Really? I've never thought of the Dakotas as being Canada related at all. I must be too geographically inclined, eh? ^^
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Probably. XD I would venture to guess that very few people would be able to find them on a map, honestly.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

*sighs* It's so pathetic when no one can locate states for goodness sake. I always tell people I moved from Kentucky and they're like, "where's that?" Annoys the heck out of me. It's okay not to be able to find lots of countries, but if you live in the states you've got to know where the states are. That's what I think anyway. @_@
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Hrm? Kentucky? Whereabouts? I've got family just on the other side of the border from Paducah.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

I used to live in Lousiville, and I have family there still too. Actually, I have family everywhere. >_< We're in California, Florida, Ohio, New Hampshire, Massechusetts, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and one that I forgot. ^^
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

Wow that's a lot of places o.o

I live near London in the UK but have family in other places over the country and there's some in Canada somewhere too...
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Shweet, I want to live in Europe, even if it's not for very long. ^^
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Nine_Lives wrote:Shweet, I want to live in Europe, even if it's not for very long. ^^
It's not THAT special you know..We Europeans are just Uber anime geeks ^_^;
[Signature space. $10]
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

Fhant wrote:We Europeans are just Uber anime geeks ^_^;
So true ^^
But in the UK we have to wait ages for the american versions of manga to be released before we get it >.<
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

But you have all the art, the important sites, and some pretty good weather (because for some odd reason I seem to like weather most people hate).
Solette

Post by Solette »

Arizona! can't explain the exclamation mark since it's not the most exciting place in the world >.>
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Well, it's warm without being humid, so it's better than FL. <_<
Tina18

Post by Tina18 »

Romania, Europe.
>>>>Eu i-am spus ca-i inchis Duminica, El nu, ca Batman, Batman.<<<<