The Singing Topic!

Other misc discussion
AngelLily

The Singing Topic!

Post by AngelLily »

Version 2.0!

Hi! Your friendly neighbor moderator here, Lily-chan!

Once upon a time, I created a topic where everyone could express not only their singing abilities, but share simple messages and show their voices, show themselves! Unfortunately, the topic ended up getting eaten by The Void. Eep! Poor topic! However, I decided to try again, because well, I really like singing! 8D And I didn't get to hear many of you at all! Now, that can't be right.

So, are you willing to show yourselves to me? To share with the community we all care about and love? Then share away!

You don't have to necessarily sing, if you're too shy or if you think you're no good at all. Also, keep in mind this is not some idol contest. It doesn't matter if you're the new Megumi Hayashibara or not. Just have fun, if you like singing along with anime openings and endings' karaokes, or singing in the shower, or singing in your sibling's ear just to annoy them! XD But if you still don't feel secure to post your song, then you can just leave me a message! Or maybe share some musical ability of yours! I know for a fact Temmy is like, the new Nobuo Uematsu!

So give me your voices! Share with me! Let's have fun!

As always, I'll break the ice and share what I have sung myself!

My Profile @ eSnips
I've got some songs here, but not my most recent. Some fail horribly, some I'm actually proud of. There are also duets with the amazing Mitsukichan, who I'm really hoping will come back and check this topic ;-;

Individual Songs!

Princess Princess ED - Hohoemi wo Agetai

Princess Princess Insert Song - Cutie Honey

Darker than Black ED2 - Dreams (Duet with Fhant!)

Loveless OP - Tsuki no Curse

Loveless ED - Michiyuki

And now, to really mark this as a brand new topic, I've got a song that I'd like to dedicate to a great friend of mine, whose birthday is tomorrow. I really wish I could get her a better present, but I tried my best to make this decent! I swear! XD I hope this makes you even a tiny little bit happy, my dear!

Lily - Servant of Evil

Happy Birthday, Gardenia <3
Fhant

Re: The Singing Topic!

Post by Fhant »

It's back!!

Well, since Lilly already posted an duet...

The scientist (Coldplay)

The Islander (Nightwish)

Scarbourgh Fair

Losing my religion (REM)
[Signature space. $10]
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

Aw! I love youuu! That was so good! Best Len EVER! Seriously. Thank you. What a great surprise, Lily. Made my day! <3
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

And, on popular request (or was that a death threat to Fhant? XD), here's my duet with Lily:

Yume no Tsubasa, Sakura and Syaoran duet version

Then afterwards we have a few of the other things I've sung. I can't give you any guarantee that it will be good, neither will I pay any doctor's bills because of ruptured eardrums. Without further ado~:

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Hare Hare Yukai, Kyon version

Pegasus Fantasy]Saint Seiya OP1 - Pegasus Fantasy (Karaoke version)

Utawarerumono OP - Musuoka (a capella)

Lovely Complex ED - Kiss-Kaerimichi no love song (also a capella, 's far as I know)

And lastly:
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS OP1 - Secret Ambition (karaoke version, without the music)

Daaaaamn this has been a long since I've actually sung something. There's...probably no-one at home tomorrow when I come home, so I'll see if I can cook something up. <3
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

A couple of days ago I made this song...

It's from a great Swedish band called Sabya, they really do have some great music.. Anyhoo
The second you sleep
[Signature space. $10]
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

*pouts* Hey, if no one'll post, then I will!

Temmy

Post by Temmy »

I know for a fact Temmy is like, the new Nobuo Uematsu!
Hahaha, oh wow. That is quite an over-estimation. But I'm glad you think so highly of my musical ability. m(__)m

I love your Vocaloid covers, Lily! You have a very nice voice!

Since I can't sing worth crap (lol), I played a piano piece - an arrange of the "Shining in the Sky" track from the Clannad soundtrack.
http://www.divshare.com/download/6667832-789
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Wow, Temmy. That's so cute. It's still sweet and emotional like the original song. Such a beautiful piece, and you played beatifully ^^ I'm so glad to hear from you again!

And thank you <3
AiKaze

Post by AiKaze »

Uwaaaaah~ Talented people around here :o

AngelLily your voice is suited for Vocaloid songs <33 I can't wait a song of Luka's from you :mrgreen:oh, and Temmy, your piano piece is so cute <3
Wow, the guys are singing well also... *starts to feel excited*

:oops: Ano~ It's ok to drop a song here? :D

This is my present for my mom ('cause Sunday is the Mom's Day everywhere...it's everywhere right?)... anyway this is what she wanted: a song from me. I chose something that suits her taste (she's a kindergarden teacher): Princess Tutu - Morning Grace :)

Here's the link: http://www.divshare.com/download/6732791-a4c

There are some parts where the volume should be low... T_T my mike isn't helping at all >3<
I am the Queen...
...of scatter-brained, misunderstandings, naivety and... bubbles (~`-`)~oOo0
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I honestly had to double take your song. It's so good I thought the original singer was there somewhere! Your have such a nice voice, AiKaze~ And it really suited the song, and I can't say you went off key anywhere. Great job, I'm impressed <3

And because procrastinating is my blood, and I'd rather sing than do college work...

[ Original ]

I'm aware it's low, but I have some configuration problems ^^;
AiKaze

Post by AiKaze »

AngelLily wrote:... and I'd rather sing than do college work...
*nod nod* XD same here :lol: Thank you for your kind words ^_^ Actually there are 3 moments when my voice forgets a note, but I guess I masked those well :P
By the way... what program do you use? I use audicity but the backround noise is just killing the "magic". I'm aware of the fact that I also don't know what changes to make in that program to make the songs sound better, but I was wondering if there's a program that makes it sound a lot better from the start :mrgreen: :P

I have another song (this was actually the first I recorded, and it was for a contest on BoxTorrents), but you can't hear my voice as it should be :cry: Anyway, here it is: http://www.chibits.co.uk/boxtorrents/bx ... uslove.mp3
I am the Queen...
...of scatter-brained, misunderstandings, naivety and... bubbles (~`-`)~oOo0
Temmy

Post by Temmy »

Woah, great voice there AiKaze!
As for background noise during recording, here's a couple of suggestions straight from the Audacity wiki: http://www.audacityteam.org/wiki/index. ... cing_noise. You can also try a program like Goldwave (that has quite a long free trial period, if I remember correctly), which has options to remove noises like hiss and the like.

Been busy lately, which is why I haven't been on the image board for a while, but here's another video game music cover:
http://www.divshare.com/download/6909217-4f8
"To the End of the Abyss"/"Beyond the Darkness" from the FF10 soundtrack, composition is by Masashi Hamauzu (who is one of my top 3 favourite composers). Link to the original track, if you want to compare - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewxivy9vFdk&fmt=18
My string samples are a tad bit weaker than the original, but there's not really anything I can do about that, considering how I'm not a professional and don't have the same amount of resources available, lol. xD Other than that however, I think this is the closest I've ever gotten to replicating a song fully.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Fhant sang a a Disney Song!

From the Little Mermaid!

It's called Slaughter your world!! ...wait did The Little Mermaid had a song about a warlock that want to kill everything in it's path?

Oh well: Fhant with Slaughter your world
[Signature space. $10]
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

After neglecting this topic for forever...

LOL @ Fhant XD Oh my favorite Disney movie...

Goldwave is insane, I've tried it. The best program I got to work with is Audacity, unfortunately...

Hey, Temmy? Do you take requests? What do I need to bribe you with to play Aerith's theme? >_>

And here's a new song!

Fhant

Post by Fhant »

AngelLily wrote:LOL @ Fhant XD Oh my favorite Disney movie...
..Horribly mauled into a song of awesome ^_^b
[Signature space. $10]