How to Report a repost.

Other misc discussion
Fhant

How to Report a repost.

Post by Fhant »

I have the faint feeling that nobody uses the Find similar or the repost image option. For those people I've made a handy guide.

If you think this guide does not apply to you, feel free to ignore it.

How to report a repost.

We’ve all seen images on shuu that makes you go “Haven’t I seen that one before?” And in a split second later someone posts the link to the first image, marking it as a repost.

This is a simple guide to mark something as a repost with handy things.

1. What is a repost?

A repost is a image that is bigger, smaller of has the simmliar size of a image on shuu that’s posted before. That’s why it’s called repost. A repost can only be marked as one by the mods or administrator and the smaller or lower quality image will provide you with a link to the original image.

2. How to find a repost?

Of course you can go around shuu finding the same images through (if you have your standard settings) 9000 pages, but there’s a feature that can help you out. The “Find Simmliar” option. This can be found by this icon: Image
This will bring you to the similar field what is shown like this:

As you see, I’ve chosen for a image that has a repost as an example.
Now that you’ve find the image, click on the image that is similar and copy[/url] the image link (Example: http://e-shuushuu.net/image/113242/ for the top image) and put it on your clipboard.

3. How to report a repost?

Reposting a repost is as simple as finding the same image with the find similar option.
Now, instead of the find similar option, you click on this icon: Image
This is report image option. You can repost an image for a repost, spam, inappropriateness or other things that collides against the Shuu rules. Now we get this screen in front of us:

Here you can paste the link in the comment field and click “submit”.

4. What now?

Now the mods will get a notification of a reposted image and mark that image as such. You can continue on your search for reposts or just press F5 until the image is marked as a repost.
You can also comment on the images.

Pointers:
- Your search will be more effective if you open more tabs. You can click on the “Find similar” option with your scroll wheel (or middle mouse) of your mouse and open a new tab in Firefox or Internet Explorer 7.

- Do not find the nearest Cherry tree if your images if marked as a repost. Making yourself longer because your image was “disabled” isn’t the end of the world. Just find a new work safe image and post it.

- The mods are a busy group. Next to judging images, disabling images and marking reposted images they also have a life. Do not force them via Pm or post in the comment field. This may be not noticed and can mean the image will be disabled later on. Using the repost image option will send a notification to them in a instant.

- Don't always rely on the search for similar image. Fact are humans are better than any computer when it comes to judgement especially with cropped images, photoshoped, text, etc , etc. The options mentioned above are useful, the search option is also a way to find the same image.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!
Last edited by Fhant on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Signature space. $10]
Merun

Re: How to Report a repost.

Post by Merun »

And don't always rely on the search for similar image. Fact are humans are better than any computer when it comes to judgement especially with cropped images, photoshoped, text, etc , etc
Merun @ Twitter
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Indeed, but remember I said they're handy tools instead of "Must use tools".
But I'll add this to the pointers
[Signature space. $10]
Merun

Post by Merun »

Fhant wrote:Indeed, but remember I said they're handy tools instead of "Must use tools".
But I'll add this to the pointers
I ignored more than half of the content since it was written in the introduction of the topic and I didn't feel concerned :D.

Maybe this could be moved to a better place like the wiki.
Merun @ Twitter
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Huh...I can add a page for it unless someone else wants to...
In fact, I'll write up a guide for the entire report function.

Edit:
Done~ http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php?ti ... t_Function
Feel free to proofread / edit it, and I'll be happy to fix anything.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Thanks Nine for putting this in the Wiki if I posted it, it would've looked like a copypaste of this. (Read: I can't use Wiki)
[Signature space. $10]
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Heh, no problem, Fhant.
A lot of it is a copy and paste of this anyway... *lazy*