The Vocaloid Thread!

Other misc discussion
Temmy

Re: The Vocaloid Thread!

Post by Temmy »

I am so late to this thread, lol. What I get for not visiting shuu for a couple of weeks, I guess, haha.

I haven't listened to many Luka songs yet myself, but I've been looping these ones a lot lately:
wintermute - White Light
MineK - Moonlight
otetsu - Meiteki Cybernetics
Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

Oh hey! A vocaloid thread! Most of my favorite songs were posted already, but some that I'm recently hooked on are:

Romeo and Cinderella - Hatsune Miku
Adolescence - Kagamine Len and Rin
Dreaming Little Bird - Group Vocaloids
Sleeping Beauty - Hatsune Miku
Discotheque Love - Kagamine Len
Prisoner - Kagamine Len
D o l l s - Kagamine Rin
Dreaming Leaf - Kagamine Rin
And last, but not least, Romeo and Cinderella Chorus~ <3
Romeo and Cinderella - Nico Nico Chorus

Oh! Almost forgot! Does anyone know any good Kaito, Meiko or Luka songs? I'm kinda overloaded with Len, Rin and Miku songs XP
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

For those looking for some Kaito songs Here are some I have listened to and liked.

ICE A parody song to Len's SPICE song
One Love
I Wish They'd Just Die
Ice Cream is Melting Parody song to Miku's Melt
Lord of Darkness Parody to Rin's Daughter of Evil.
Love*3

Don't have many Luka songs but here is what I do have.
Ta-lila Duet with Kaito.
Higher Flyer
Awake
RIP=RELEASE
Double Lariat
Stardust Utopia
Transient Future
I want to eat Tuna
Tako Luka -Tuna Fever Tako Luka Appears!
Toeto
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
Kagami-chan

Post by Kagami-chan »

Alrighty, Kaito, Meiko, & Luka...

Kaito~
I Wish You Would Die -NaturalHighMix- - Remix of the song Nana-chan posted~
Cantarella - This is a popular song, so chances are you've all heard it already. There's Miku in the background as well, but it's mainly Kaito.
Romeo & Cinderella
Promise
Under the Darkness
The Ogre & Maiden

Luka~
Karakara
Awake
Meiteki Cybernetics
Tameiki
Palette
Revolution

Meiko~
Seikan Hikou
First Snow ◇ Remind
Honey - Cutest Meiko PV I have ever seen.
Be Myself
Cutie Honey
Cradle of Desinty

If you noticed, I'm more a fan of Sakine Meiko than the normal Meiko. XD Luka is beginning to grow on me, but I still think she kinda sounds like Len. xD
More links I found...
Magnet - Kagamine Rin & Len - This is also going to the iPod.
Magnet - Niconico Chorus
SPICE! - Niconico Chorus
And this made me laugh the other day. XD
Po pi Po - Niconico Chorus

Hmm... I don't think I remember how I got into Vocaloid. It kinda of just happened, but I believe it started with Miku. XD Oh! I remember now. I saw the Nendroid Kurutto/Caramelldansen video, then went from there. I favorite-d a couple Miku videos, (Melt, I believe it was), but the real craze started after... I listened to Yume Miru Kotori & Kokoro. ^^

Listened to the Piko videos too, she does have a nice voice~ Although, in some areas, I think she sounds like a guy. >.> Unless that's what she's supposed to sound like...? o___O?

Also, I'd like to hear more Gakupo songs, we're forgetting about him. XD Listened to one of his songs the other day, and he sounds more real to me than Kaito. >w< Vocaloids I think sound real in order:
1. Gakupo
2. Kaito
3. Meiko
4. Luka
5. Miku / Kagamine Rin & Len - Sorry, it usually depends on the song, but when I have my family listen to songs by them it's usually, "What's wrong with their voices?" or, "They sound like robots." ><
Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

Ah thank you so much Nana-chan and Kagami-chan! I love all of the songs you posted~ >w<
Here are some more Nico Nico Choruses that are now in my iPod~ <3

When Love Ends for the First Time This one is so pretty~
Gekokujou XD This is catchy~
Meltdown Yep! Another Meltdown, but this one by far is my favorite~ They sing so well~ And get so high o_o
Last Night, Good Night This one made me speechless~
Butterfly on your Right Shoulder
Magnet
Cantarella
Kagami-chan

Post by Kagami-chan »

Hehehe, no problem. Share the Vocaloid love~ xD
That chorus of When Love Ends For The First Time is by far my most favorite Niconico Chorus song ever. It's so good, I can listen to it endlessly. x) Whoever organized that picked awesome singers. =w=b Too bad Youtube doesn't have any Vocaloid choruses, but I don't think many have skills like the Niconico Chorus. XD And Meltdown. Oh my goodness Meltdown. Anyone who can reach that high is worthy of much much Pocky. I tried it, and I can't, fail. XD The "omou" & "soshitara" parts of the chorus, when I tried those, nothing came out. =w=;; I was surprised they guys could do it, but when I took a re-listen I heard that they sang it in a key lower than the original. x)

The Gekokujou chorus is epic, that song is catchy. <3

Edit: Just remembered, I don't get the story of the Adolscence (Kagamine Cendrillon) song. Would anyone who knows mind explaining it? >.<
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

I must say that I quite underestimated the power of the VOCALOID voice synthesizing software. I am, without a doubt, in love with Rin's Meltdown. The voice is so fitting and the music...whoa. I absolutely love it. If anyone's got any more vids like this one, please, don't hesitate to point them out to me.

And other then Meltdown, I like the cute songs. Such as PoPiPo and Triple Baka.

*to be edited later*
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Kagami-chan

Post by Kagami-chan »

Most people would think that since they're Vocaloids/a computer program, that they'd sound like those creepy automated voices on your computer. But surprisingly, when you use the software right, they sound good. I have a friend who also likes Vocaloid, and she said her brother said, "They do amazingly well for a program." But yeah, the program itself is kinda hard to use if you don't know music notes. There's also another thing I don't understand about it... but oh well.

Hmm, Meltdown. Something similar... I like pretty much any Vocaloid songs, so I'm fine, but looking for something for another person is another story. xD I'm bad at looking for other people's preferences, so I'm sorry if you don't like some/most/all of these. xD

Sadistic Vampire - Kagamine Len
Bird of Paradise - Kagamine Rin
Bird of Paradise - Niconico Chorus
Stray Girl in her Lenses/Cursed Glasses - Kagamine Rin
Sode Fureau mo Tashou no En - Nico Nico Chorus
Butterfly of the Right Shoulder - Kagamine Rin & Len (There are individual versions, but I like this one the best.)
And, for cute...
Hold Me Like A Princess - Niconico Chorus
Po Pi Po (Electro Mix) - Kagamine Rin (This ones not exactly cute imo, just fun. xD)

Sorry, that was the best I could do for songs that haven't already been linked. xD Oh, also.
Fire Flower - Kagamine Len - PV is hilarious. =w=b

Lol moments:
1. When Len pulled down the poster of himself in what looked like.. the Moetan outfit? Or something similar, lol. xD
2. When he was thinking of himself; Kitsune-mimi mode, missing-pants mode, Beating Dokoro-chan mode, neko-mimi mode, and... kirakira *wink* mode. Rofllll.
3. When Kaito came in ...er, naked? His reaction (1:38) was priceless xD
4. When Kaito went all kirakira at 1:39-1:40. The kirakira doesn't work right when you're naked...does it? xD
5.When Rin came in and saw a naked Kaito with Len.
Rin: Len, I brought some bananas for you~!
Kaito: *winks*
Len: ....
Rin: ....
Rin: Sorry for interrupting. *shuts door quickly*
Len: Wait it's not what you thinkkk~~ >A<;;;
Kaito: Eh? Did I do something wrong?
Len: You... *menacing aura*
*picture of a flower and butterfly*
6. Kaito & Gakupo.. on stage..dancing...in skimpy clothing....PFFFFT AHAHAHAHA. And then Len covers Rin's eyes because of this. xDDD

I also like the animation, although it's kinda choppy, I still think it's well done. ^^ Especially the part where they're (all the Vocaloids) are singing together (not really in the song, but in the PV)~ x)
Temmy

Post by Temmy »

Some people also run the vocals through AutoTune or a slight vocoder effect in addition to make them sound even more "natural". The most popular example would be kz's and かじゅき's (Man, that was a surprise when he announced he was leaving livetune and revealed that he worked as part of Capcom Sound Team) songs, though I've heard several other Vocaloid Ps use this technique as well - DECO*27 and ラヴリーP (LovelyP) come to mind.
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

Thank you Kagami-chan! They're all brilliant, one after another! And Rin's Daughter of Evil followed by Len's Servant of Evil...*shivershivershiver* I'm gettin' hyped up to sing, that's for sure! X3
Temmy

Post by Temmy »

To anyone looking forward to this, a demo song of GUMI has been released.
http://www.ssw.co.jp/products/vocal/meg ... index.html

I like it - her voice isn't too high, which is a good thing, lol. Also, her pronunciation seems to be as clear as Miku's. Sounds slightly reminiscent of NanameueP's Sakine Meiko character as well, which is interesting.
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

Wow! Thanks Temmy for the link I have been waiting forever to hear Gumi's demo song just as I thought awesomeness~

I don't know if these have been posted yet but those who like The Daughter of Evil and Servant of Evil should give these a listen to as they are two more parts to the series.
Regret Message
Re_birthday
My favorites go as Servant of Evil then Regret Message then Daughter of Evil.
My favorite version of regret message is this one. I think it is a Nico Nico singer. It is so beautiful this video makes me cry T_T
Regret Message Nico Singer (?)
Daughter Of Evil's Road Roller Okay this I love too xDD it's such a funny song. That and I like the twin's road roller >w<

Couple of other unrelated to the Daughter of Evil series are these videos.
L..l..l..l..Like you,I Love You - Performed by Rin.
This I don't know what this is called I found this randomly and it's kinda funny xD
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

Kagami-chan wrote: Edit: Just remembered, I don't get the story of the Adolscence (Kagamine Cendrillon) song. Would anyone who knows mind explaining it? >.<
Oh! The story to that is Rin and Len were being forced to confront that adolescence made them begin to look different. They realized they weren't the "same" and began an incestuous relationship. People found out and separated them, but were trying to make excuses to stay together. In the end they sleep together. But I think its more of a family type of love/connection rather than "incest" (even though they're not twins) since in one part in the song, Rin sings, "Please, don't let me alone, I'm afraid of the monsters of night" and then Len sings "Don't use a child's excuse." Then, Len stays with Rin since he wants to protect her.
But that's what I think ^^;

Oh, can anyone help me find the instrumental/karaoke ver. of Dolls by Rin? (I posted the link earlier) Since I'm planning on using that song for the Singing Topic, but I can't find it. >.<
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

I can't beleive I'm saying this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az8O1uYWIIQ

Wanna sing it!!
[Signature space. $10]
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

Servant of Evil fans should watch this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1Kj9XK ... re=related

It gave me goosebumps and watery eyes. That should say enough, right?