The Vocaloid Thread!

Other misc discussion
RockRabbit

Re: The Vocaloid Thread!

Post by RockRabbit »

Wow Miku Append comes closer to the real thing! ^_^

& I liked this version of the Rolling Girl video, though it was short and for some reason Miku looked like she walked out of a Higurashi series D:
Scary ; w ;'''
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Julia

Post by Julia »

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=l-aelmSohF8
Beautiful Miku song! "Kouya to Mori to Mahou no Uta" (Song of wastelands, forests, and magic)
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

You might not know, but I am a HUGE Yume Nikki fan and this song made me really happy
Kagamine Rin - Liberal pops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j6Uj3sebRk
Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

Alright, enough with the covers, here's some AMAZING PV's that I absolutely love to death (I downloaded them! XD)
Looking For You In The Sky - Synchronicity 1/3 by Len
Paradise of Light and Shadow - Synchronicity 2/3 by Rin and Len
Part 3 isn't out yet ;A; But the artist is the one, the only, AMAZING Suzunosuke I love her art to bits ;3;
Another PV of Suzunosuke's that I love is this Secret ~Black Vow~ It brought me to tears ;A;

Kay, another favorite PV of mine is Kagamine Len's Bringing the Rain. Such beautiful artwork and a powerful PV ;A; As expected, I know who the artist is XD; Its Hima (ShibashonP)

On the lighter, cuter sides of covers, I fell in love with Miku's bpm
But I prefer Choucho's version more Her voice is so calming <3
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

So, apparently, they made a Luka version of one of my favorite songs ever. I can't stop listening to it >_<

X JAPAN - Crucify my Love [by Luka Megurine]

While we're on the topic of covers, how about some pop covers from Luka? XD

How about...

The Police - Every Breath You Take
Madonna - Like a Virgin
Lady GaGa - Poker Face
Lady GaGa - Bad Romance

And my personal favorite...

Lady GaGa - Paparazzi!

(GaGa bias, what GaGa bias?)

In English, but not mainstream:

Faye Wong - Eyes on Me (with English Vocaloid MIRIAM)
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

First time posting here, and I never thought I would. o_O'

Anyway, 6 hours ago they added this new song of Kaito. I think it's really cute, even if I don't know japanese but, it's Kaito. XD
An umbrella on the right, came to see you.
Since they uploaded today, I don't think there's on youtube yet, so only Nico Nico link. ><
AriaHime

Post by AriaHime »

I didn't think I would ever post in this thread either, but hey! Vocaloid gets to everyone in one way or another sooner or later.
Because GUMI doesn't get enough love: Saigo no Revolver, the first Vocaloid song I ever listened to. And listened to. And listened to. And listened to...
And one that I've been addicted to recently:
Ikebukuro Lovers, original and character version.
Oh, and one more: Wide Knowledge of the Late, Madness. I find this one much, much, much creepier than Dark Woods Circus. I don't know why I watch it. I don't know why I am posting the link here. But I did, and I am...
Oh, and Synchronicity=WIN!
How the hell does a broken heart
get back together when it's torn apart?
Teach itself to start
Beating again...
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Project Diva II requires two buttons to be pressed at the same time now. And "long notes" buttons.

Be right back, dying ;A;

I wish it didn't repeat songs from the first game but who cares, Just be Friends is in it <3
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

Did you guys heard? The artist Yunomi-P, who did the artwork for "Magnet" and "Just be Friends" has been acused for plagiarism. This started with 2ch's post, with the drawings comparisons. This is her post talking about it. Someone help translating?

The PVs are temporarily undisplayed on NicoNico and it seems that the songs are disqualified from the Weekly Vocaloid Ranking.

(I've got the links from Overseas Utaforum)
Last edited by Myu-chan on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AriaHime

Post by AriaHime »

Really...! Honestly, what is the world coming to these days? /old lady ^^
Plagiarism of, uh, stock images...? :? I'm afraid I don't quite understand...I mean, some of the background/scenery stock images look like s/he (Yunomi) might have edited them, but others seem like quite generic poses, where you could find a million pictures of extremely similar things. Some just look like it's a chance resemblance. And I'm a little in the dark as how you can be accused of plagiarism of real photos, when you're drawing anime/manga style...it just seems a little...far-fetched. Ugh, does not compute.
It probably makes more sense than I think it does.
Does this mean Yunomi's artwork will have to be taken off Shuu?
Teach itself to start
Beating again...
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

AriaHime wrote:Plagiarism of, uh, stock images...? :? I'm afraid I don't quite understand...
I've been doing some research, and it seems that you have to pay to get those images.
Here's a quote for Nana's post (not our Nana XD) I found:
Those stock photos cost money to use. "Royalty free" doesn't mean "completely free", it means pay a one time fee (not for access to the site or a monthly subscription fee, for the individual photo) to use the photo as many times as possible.

http://www26.atwiki.jp/yunomip/?cmd=upl ... omip18.jpg
guitar and girl (notice the lighting on the guitar)
the original on imagenavi.jp: http://imagenavi.jp/search/detail-i.asp?id=20215802
Price tag: 9450 yen or $109 dollars
This is actually one of the slightly cheaper ones.

If she didn't even give the right credits... I don't know, I really don't know what to think.
AriaHime wrote:Does this mean Yunomi's artwork will have to be taken off Shuu?

I also don't know what to do about that. I think we just have to wait for the moderators and anonymous_object decision.

EDIT: Here's the posts by Minato and Dixie. Translation help again?
AriaHime

Post by AriaHime »

Oh, dear. That makes a bit more sense. That's too bad... :(
Teach itself to start
Beating again...
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

that is right that nana is not your nana. For if your nana posted her wordpress avatar would show up.

As for nana's two cents. I heard that she admitted to tracing some images. I feel disappointed in her for not giving credit where credit was due. However she is getting punished for what she did do if she did do it. Do I feel angry at her for tracing? No not at all. Tracing is something that is natural for artist to do. It helps us improve our skills. I am a tad disappointed however she seems to have traced a lot, though even with traced images most of the stuff she has drawn does have her own personal taste. Though she traced you can not say that she is not a talented and wonderful artist.

I find it a little ridiculous that some people are nit picking and comparing every single little small detail.

As for shuu I doubt it will affect much on shuu. Though I am not positive and am only really speaking my own views in this matter.
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

This is more than a little upsetting - it is a major disappointment and an embarrassment. I especially feel for Dixie and minato, and I hope their talks with the owners of the stock photos go smoothly. There is much to be lost here, and that was not a brilliant idea to release artbooks and make profit off those pictures...

It is, however, a shame that Yunomi will merely stop drawing instead of looking forward to become a full artist that does not need to do this sort of thing. It's a pity to see talent going to waste.
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Mmm...I wonder what she was thinking when releasing those pics for artbooks and such! It's so obvious you'd get caught! ._.

I as an artist am also disappointed of what she did. There are more way to do something without tracing. And if tracing is a must, at least take a photo of yourself doing a pose...hah