Anime and Manga Recommendations

Other misc discussion
Oni

Anime and Manga Recommendations

Post by Oni »

This might have been covered in another thread, (And feel free to delete this if so), but I thought that it might be a good idea to recommend to others those titles that, for example, might not see general circulation, or are so new nobody knows about them, like;

brand new series,
rare doujinshi,
little heard-of series
one off OVA's,
or even news of sequels of established series.

If so wished, a link to sites might be included...

I'll start the ball rolling;

SORA NO OTOSHIMONO - Lost Property of the Sky
Artist - Minazuki Suu
Genre(s) - Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Shounen

Sakurai Tomoki is a normal student whose motto is "normal is the best". If there is one thing abnormal, it is that he often dreams of a girl whose face he cannot even remember, and when he wakes up from that dream, he would always be crying. He tried leaving it as just a dream... but one day, from the sky, an angel descended.

This is a manga series that has been greenlighted to start airing very very soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqpdFT8wHh8

(Warning: Video marginally NSFW)
RP Status;
Alys - Changing, evolving
Rein - Uncertain
Nana - Convalescing, uncertain.
Smithy

Re: Anime and Manga Recommendations

Post by Smithy »

A series I can't recommend enough but that does not always receive the attention it deserves is "Candy☆Boy".

Rock solid ONA series, good production values, nice animation, good voice cast, excellent story that delves into a heavy theme with the necessary humor and light hearted romance. It's made up of 10 episodes of 10-15 minutes length each so it's not that long.

And a nice bonus, it can be viewed legally free on Nico Nico Douga!