Sound Horizon Cafe~

Other misc discussion
Myu-chan

Sound Horizon Cafe~

Post by Myu-chan »

Welcome to the Sound Horizon Cafe Shuu fellows!
Here you can talk about the news, discuss of what already exist, share translated lyrics, your favorite songs or just to know what Sound Horizon is.

Some may be asking, "What is she talking about and why these men are dressed as maids?!"
I can't really explain the second question but, for the first one, I can't give a better answer than the summary they wrote:
  • "The fantasy band Sound Horizon is a group of artists led by the sound creator Revo (songwriter, composer and arranger). In order to express a fantastical story musically, he gathers together and organizes suitable artists, without restrictions with regard to the number and sex of singers and storytellers. In a word, Sound Horizon’s music is “story music”. Its main characteristic is the way stories are depicted using a lot of poems, songs, talking, sound effects, etc., in accordance with the setting. The music is expressed in “suite form”; each album is made as though it were a suite. The concepts underlying their works question fundamental elements of human nature that have a contradictory dual aspect; they include life and death, light and shadow, love and hate, and happiness and sadness. The more one listens to the music, the more one understands its depth."
The music (in my opinion) doesn't have a specific style. For me, some resemble jazz and blues (I can quote here Ori no Naka no Yuugi song), others the so popular rock (here I quote one of the most famous songs Stardust) and so many others musics genres. A characteristic I can contrast is the use of Seiyu, that you can a see remarkable presence from the 2nd Story CD forward (I don’t really include the 1st Story CD since we can only hear something in the Shoujo Ningyou) . A good example of Seiyu is the Eien no Shounen song, which is one of my favorites.

The lyrics involve different and creative stories and characters. They are also very lyrical. Sometimes I get confuse and I have to read two or three times to finally understand. As wrote in the summary, "The more one listens to the music, the more one understands its depth." -> Totally true.

Sanhora (abbreviated version by fans) don't stay in the shadows, but they go up on stage to do live performances. The singers dress up in costumes of their characters and, like a play, they sing and act during the live. Is very fun to watch.

Well, this is my own opinion about Sound Horizon. I think I could say many other things, but the post would probably be too long. And this is just a little review of it.
I hope you like and help you to understand more about this incredible fantasy band. ^^

Of course if you have a different opinion, feel free to say so. =D

(I made this topic based on the Vocaloid thread, I hope it's ok Lily-chan. I think we'll need this specially with the release of the new Maxi Single. So if we want to discuss about it we can do it here and not spam the board.)

~~~~

Enough with the presentations and let's talk about Sound Horizon! =D

Only 8 days days left to the release of the new Maxi Single 'Ido e itaru Mori e itaru Ido'.
Today they have released the Voices & Vocals for the Maxi Single.

Vocals
-Idolfried Ehrenberg
-Joelle
-MIKI
-Hatsune MIKU
-Junger März PROTOTYPE β

Voices
-Akio Ohtsuka
-Rica Fukami
-Nobuo Tobita
-Miyuki Sawashiro
-Asuka Tanii
-Toru Okawa
-Saki Fujita
-Sascha

One of the new singers, Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid and I don't know the other one know as Junger März PROTOTYPE β. Honestly I'm a bit surprised to see that Revo decided to use two computer generated voices and I'm not sure if I'm happy with that. Nothing against Vocaloid, I just think Sound Horizon have excellent singers and he didn't need to utilize computers.
I'm also surprised that only MIKI is in this Single. I have no idea who the others are except for Akio, Rica and Nobuo.
Meishu

Re: Sound Horizon Cafe~

Post by Meishu »

Yay, a Sound Horizon topic~ So exciting to see~ =D

I love Sound Horizon, as I think can be clearly seen! XD
My favorite of the vocalists is REMI, I love her style, and RIKKI is a close second. For characters, I love Hiver, Hortense, and Violette, so Roman is my favorite album~

I'm really excited for the new single, although the Miku thing makes me a teensy bit anxious. Miku isn't my favorite. Mechanized voices are not my thing. ^-^;; But, if anyone can pull it off, I guess it would be Revo... As long as she's used tactfully, I think the single will still be great.

Can't wait to see more Sound Horizon fans around here~
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

I think i've heard of them before, but i never really understood what they are.
So than you very much for the info, seems like a very interesting project...
so, are like...all albums ...and stories connected into one big story? or...?
o.o
'cuz i wanna go listen to them, but i'm kinda afraid if they are all connected in a pattern that i might not get anything from it D:
& i really wanna enjoy this to the fullest~
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Beatorisu

Post by Beatorisu »

Sanhoraa!!!! *-*
yey!!! <o/

Hm... What to say?? I love SH soo much... I love Remi a lot /it's almost a obsession/ xp and...

I'm defnitly not happy with IdoIdo ._. Not as much as I wanted to... I got somehow disapoinet because none of the girls /excpet Miki/ will be on the single. I hope that they'll apear on the 7th story CD ~
I'm not a fan of Vocaloid /I think it's cute and all that, but not fan of the voices tough.../ But I'm curious about what Revo will do with this ~Somehow I am happy... but I can't help my heart do cry for the girls XD /getsshot/

anyway! RockRabbit, don't worry... I hear SH for 2 years now and I still have troubles with the connections ... It's hard, and somehow it seems impossible to know everything, but we try! More you listen to them, more you love *-*
Feel free to ask ~ n.n

Some CDs have a linear story, such as Moira where you can understand more or less all the story.
Others, like Roman, don't really have this. There're small stories that are hard to connect to each other in a deeper way ...

When I first began to listen to it I knew nothing, and then I discover only the basics... I don't think I've learned tooo much of all such as other people have, but it's... magic \o/

sorry for so many text XD

Also, I loooved the pic Myu-chan!! Revo as a maid!!! *0*
~
:3
and who is killing me? ~
Miyuri

Post by Miyuri »

Oh wow, I just noticed that you made this theard. So good to see. I thought before that it's... well, kinda strange without Sanhora's topic, because so many people like it and don't have a "great place" to discuss about this band.
Well, my story with SH started few months ago (I think it was in previous year), I don't remember well. I saw on shuu many images with most characters, and after some time I thought "hey, I must know better what is this". Then I just looked at songs on youtube and rode about the band. First song I listened was Stardust song and I love it all the time. Next - Artemisia & Elefseus, Lafrenze, Soror, Thanatos, etc. I can't wait for Elyse's song. She looks interesting and I hope that her story will be the same.

Also, I hope that RockRabbit will join Sanhora side. :3 And big thankies to Myu-chan for this theard!
Ichigo-chan

Post by Ichigo-chan »

Ah, brilliant. Sanhora topic~ Good work Myu-nee. And awesome long post. XD;

Well.. about Miku.. I'm kinda... sad... Dunno, I don't think Sanhora needs any computer voice to be nice, they already have many many good singers. Also, my fav. is Thanatos-ko. ♥♥♥
I'm also a big fan on SH, and they go over Vocaloid. Well, in my opinion. They show how much skill Japanese singers still have.. without any computers. ^^;

Oh, I'm so curious about the song for Elyse as well. Hope it will be stunning like everything of SH~ X3

Yamiih, I love you. <3
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

You're welcome. ^^
I was missing a Sanhora topic here. I think that was the longest post I ever wrote in the forum. I kind feel, proud of myself. XD

@Rabbit-chan: No need to worry. Like everybody else, when I started to listen, I was totally lost in thew songs. lol I had to search for translations and reviews about the songs to understand them. And I still get lost. @_@ Any questions, fell free to ask. =D

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed about Idoldo (love the way you say Beatorisu lol) too. I'm sad about the girls, I really like their voices (I don't think I have a favorite one). But, like a comment I read in Youtube: "I'm pretty sure he could play a cauliflower and make it sound godly, if he wanted to.". That can happen with his decision to use Vocaloid. XD And, I'm also not a big fan of sinthetized voices. ^^"
I'm happy because we finally get a new single and soon, a new album. We can't forget this is just a prologue for the 7th Story CD and it's a single, only 3 songs. Though in Seisen no Iberia he used basically, everyone. =/

(@Beatorisu: Yes! Revo in maid outfit! Is. The. Best. ;D)
Meishu

Post by Meishu »

You can hear really poor quality samples of all three songs from the upcoming single on Nico!! =O
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11026997

So. excited. 8DD
MIKI in the third one is so <3~
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

Oh my god! It's so amazing~ Forget about my disappointment!
I'm already in love with the first song. Thank you for sharing Meishu. ^^
Well, I think Miku's voice does fit Elyse.

Only 2 days left! And only 6 days for the Anniversary of Your Majesty~
Let me be the obsessed fan now: Revo's birthday is 10 days before mine! XD
But I don't like Revo's new hairstyle. >3>

Ah, someone here know where I can find the translation for all the songs of Lost?
Meishu

Post by Meishu »

I don't know if it's the kind of thing I can mention here, but the single has been leaked early, and it is possible to listen to it... >_> <_<
It, it's beyond any words, for me at least, it's incredible. <3 *already translated one of the songs XD*

As for Lost, this is a complete translation! (By a certain fan going by the name Hiver Laurant) I've seen another one somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it again.
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

No! You're kidding! o_o
Maybe I should give a search... Though I don't think it's right. I'll wait the official release. >_</

Anyway, thank you for the link. ^^
I could just find the translation for some songs.
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

Ido is no longer Idolfreet Ehrenburg but Märchen von Friedhof?

http://soundhorizon.com/information/index.html#100607b
Ichigo-chan

Post by Ichigo-chan »

"Märchen von Friedhof"?
How many German names do they want to take? <_<

Yamiih, I love you. <3
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

Well, the story itself is in Germany. XD

I'm a bit confused about the last minute of Kono Semai Torikago no Naka de, is Revo the one singing with the older Elizabeth? Somehow remembers him, but at the same time don't. Or maybe I'm just going crazy. XD What you guys think?
Meishu

Post by Meishu »

I think it's Revo singing in the background, yup! Gosh, that song is so beautiful. <3

I have so much I could say about the single, but somehow, none of it comes to mind to say again. XD
The lyrics to all three songs have been translated, by the way! =D