I need support...

Other misc discussion
softfang

I need support...

Post by softfang »

A lot of people know that I had a breast reduction surgery on July 21st. Well, at first, I felt I was doing much better after getting my energy back - at least enough to move around without feeling so weak and drained all the time. But now... things have started to reverse...

I'm very worried (as well as my mom), because my breasts feel hard underneath where the stitches are, as well as on my upper sides where the breast attaches to the skin there. I know that's probably normal, but that's not all that bothers me. The other thing is, I've noticed that dull-to-moderate pain has been plaguing my underarms. My armpits included - moreso my right than my left. It is painful to lift my arms, and mom even stated that when she felt my breasts to inspect them after I came to her about all this (crying my eyes out), my breasts feel strangely hot. She thinks there might be an infection... and that is freaking me out.

She had me call the nurse at the doctor's office I got the surgery done, and she said that it might be because the drains were removed a little too early. She told me that, until tomorrow when I'll be going to get my stitches removed, to take three Tylenol/Advil pills every four to six hours to help reduce inflammation. And then tomorrow when I go in at 9:30AM, she'll be able to decipher herself what exactly is going on - I hope, at least. I may not even get the stitches out if this gets any worse. I don't know if it'd be safe to do that with all this going on...

Anyway... I just... I really need advice and comfort right now. I'm crying again, because all of this is freaking and stressing me out. I don't know what to do. I don't know what I did - or didn't do, for that matter - to cause all this to happen this way... I'm scared, and I feel a little lonely because I'm the one going through this, nobody else. I feel like I can count on my parents for advice since they both went through breast reductions (sadly, dad had to get it done when he was younger; and mom had the same problem I did with big breasts)... but... still... In today's age, things are a lot different than how it used to be when they got theirs done.

I look forward to even just a few words of encouragement... I love you all...

Thanks for reading,
Emily
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Yatchen

Re: I need support...

Post by Yatchen »

You will be okay!
私は悪魔です。
Andell

Post by Andell »

When exposed to new states, the body has to work hard to adapt itself. It usually takes a little while before it is able to fully get back to normal.

Let's compare it to muscle training. When you train, your muscles get tired, but you won't feel much pain until the next day. The second day after the training is the worst. You have to wait until the third day until the pain starts to wear off.

You've been trough something way bigger than muscle training, and it's normal your body has to adapt itself, sometimes in ways you would never expect. Trust it a little; after all, isn't it the most marvelous machine you'll ever be able to use ? Perceptive, intelligent... able to self-regenerate and adapt. Didn't it manage to keep you perfectly alive until now ?

Though it is affected by what you think of it. For example, there are what people call "psychosomatic disorders", which (to make it brief) make some people ill because they think they are ill too much. I think the more you'll trust it, the more you will be fine.

So let it some time before getting too worried, and if it persists for more than a while (one week ?), then you can see if a doctor could help your body to heal itself. After all, the doctor's job is not to deal with your body, it's to help your body deal with itself, don't you think ?

I'm sure you'll be alright in the end, whatever you're feeling right now. ^^
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Em, first off, I know you're stressed, and possibly also upset at having to get your breasts reduced, but these things sometimes happen. Stressing out will make it worse, so find a way to relax and calm yourself down a bit, listen to some relaxing music or just lie down and sleep it off.

Keep us posted on how it went, okay?
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis