The Writing Topic

Other misc discussion
Beato

Re: The Writing Topic

Post by Beato »

Forgive my ignorance, but.. What is NaNoWriMo?
Twitter / Facebook / Formspring / deviantArt
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Kagemaru wrote:I'm participating, but I've made mine a mini-NaNo. Goal's 10.000 words by the end of the month. I found out that writing under pressure makes me hugely agitated and frustrated if I can't get on paper what I had in mind. Plus it takes away all of the fun I have when writing. So I decided to shorten it and doing pretty well, actually! :)

As for this topic...I think a E-ChuuChuu related short story is in order, no? XD (I'll get on that after the NaNo~)

Deoxys and (if you've got one) Merun, account names plz? Mine's Titi. :)
Mine is Achifaifa, I added you :)
Beato wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but.. What is NaNoWriMo?
It's a challenge to write a 50k word novel in November.

I'm going fine, I hope I can reach that the day after tomorrow. But I still have stuff to write, I guess that at this path, the whole novel will have 90k words or something like that.
Beato

Post by Beato »

Oh wow. I couldn't do that. Haha~ I can barely finish one-shots. Something with that big is kind of impossible for me. OTL; I hope everyone's doing well on completing their challenges!
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

I have 2k words left, so I hope I'll finish it today.

And it's not impossible, sometimes I'm not inspired myself, but normally I can solve that just staring to the text for long periods of time. It's hard when you get stuck and don't know what to write, but when you realise what you have done it's really satisfying.
Beato

Post by Beato »

So how did everyone do for their NaNo challenge?
Merun

Post by Merun »

Well, I'm not in the challenge but right now, I'm at 82 588 words, and current script is totally forbidden for those below 18 years old. I said "screw morals" and wrote what I was supposed to :) I will certainly work on a more work safe version then.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I made myself a mini-NaNoWriMo challenge to just, er, make progress on a novel, but I stopped writing. orz;;
私は悪魔です。
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

Reached 6K and kinda lost enthusiasm at that point. I've still got a lot of ideas in my head and I REALLY need to get those out before I stop writing. So, yeah, no NaNo GET this year, but I don't really mind. :3
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Zerky_Colly

Post by Zerky_Colly »

Anyone doing that event again this year? I plan on it but ive been lacking muse.
I want to eat your heart
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I'm doing it. First year. c:
I'm somehow at 12k words already!? Having a word war/DEATH MATCH with one of my friends.
You can add me as a buddy if you like.
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/mefloraine

Anyone else trying this year?
私は悪魔です。
Zerky_Colly

Post by Zerky_Colly »

I wanted to do a bio on my sister (like a memoir written form her pov) but then i dont want to exploit more than i already have. I will have to ask her if its okay. If not, i was going to do it on a girl named Aluna (My cats name ^_^U ). Thats all i know. But i better hurry! times wasting!
I want to eat your heart
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Go, girl, go! It's not too late to catch up!
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

If anything, I'm not joining NaNoWriMo this year again even though I'm writing. I started one week earlier because I felt like writing. ( also I had an holiday at the end of October so I would rather spend it writing instead of waiting for NaNoWriMo ). I'm already at 46 541 words, first arc of the story, still the introduction ^^;

Writing just need a little push. Personally I just write for myself, this is something which has incubated for one year so it's getting on my nerve to have it just in mind xD;
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

That is the best reason to write, I think.
I've felt so discouraged about writing for the past couple of years. It's nice to have a reason to really go for it again.
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

I'm surprising myself. I never thought I had what it takes to write stories. You know, when you are 7 years old you dream of lots of adventure. But after my 18 and so on, I started to lose that imagination. In a way, it's like putting child fantasy into shape. This time I have chosen heroic fantasy moreover, born from some MSN conversation from last year. I'm also quite happy to have included gay stuff and cross dressing in my list of weird topic.
Merun @ Twitter