Google+!

Other misc discussion
Yatchen

Google+!

Post by Yatchen »

So who is on it and who wants an invite?
Would be fun to have some shuu people to share with and see. :3

My profile is here if you want to add me to a circle!
https://plus.google.com/102842030771135 ... =en&tab=wX
私は悪魔です。
hinikuya

Re: Google+!

Post by hinikuya »

I would like an invite, if you would be so kind. I don't know if you can see my email address on here or the main board, but if not, I can PM it to you (I'd rather not have the entire internet knowing it).
時間は余るものではなく作るもの
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Took it off your profile on the main board.
I should mention, Google+ is really finicky...it takes a while to get the email sometimes, and then it takes a while for Google to let you in after that. I am not sure why they are being so picky, but an "invite" is basically a "share" that gets you an edge for getting in when Google becomes less picky.
Tell me if it never gets to you, and I'll try again.
私は悪魔です。
hinikuya

Post by hinikuya »

Thank you very much, I actually already received the email; now I'm just working on getting Google to let me in. I'll try sporadically throughout the day while I'm at work. Once again, thanks!
時間は余るものではなく作るもの
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Alright, good luck, and you are welcome!
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

I want an invite ;p ( let's hope it's not again a Google Wave trainwreck ). I hope you remember my Gmail or else I will send it by PM, DM , MSN, Skype or whatever.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Erm, I don't off the top of my head, sorry. XD
And now watch, it'll be really simple, w

I do hope this doesn't fail like Google Wave. At least it's not really slow like Wave was.
私は悪魔です。
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

I'm in since couple of days ago and it's probably the most awful thing I've tried on the internet this year. The privacy and overall configuration options are really weak and useless, it attaches to your google account even if you don't want to (So all the data you upload in any google site it's linked with all the others), its aspect and usability is really confusing and it doesn't really innovate. It's just a bad idea made true (God bless the almighty dollar).

The worst thing is that you can't delete it. It's there forever, and even if you delete your stuff (which is really tedious if you have couple of sites) you can't just wipe it all out, unless you delete your google account (And therefore all the profiles linked to it). This will be awesome when google finally deletes all the private google profiles (Like mine) and forces every single Gmail, youtube and blogger user (among others) to use google plus as 'social network', with the mandatory public google plus profile and the 'worst ever' privacy configurations.

If you don't use google plus yet, do yourself a favour and don't start now. But be careful, if you enter any google plus website while logged in in your google account, you'll automatically (And magically!) have an account there.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Of course it attaches to your Google account. Google wants to integrate all of their things with each other. All it is is a profile but with extra.
I actually like the privacy options. I think some other tweaks could afford to be done on it (let me show certain circles certain avatars, etc), but otherwise you can hide basically everything. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I read that Google is going to be deleting all profiles from people who do not have them made public anyway. You have to display a name and your gender, I believe.

Moreover, this is a thread for people who want to join, not bash it. :P
私は悪魔です。
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Yatchen wrote:Of course it attaches to your Google account. Google wants to integrate all of their things with each other. All it is is a profile but with extra.
I actually like the privacy options. I think some other tweaks could afford to be done on it (let me show certain circles certain avatars, etc), but otherwise you can hide basically everything. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I read that Google is going to be deleting all profiles from people who do not have them made public anyway. You have to display a name and your gender, I believe.

Moreover, this is a thread for people who want to join, not bash it. :P
Yeah whatever, if someone wants invite just drop here your mail.
hinikuya

Post by hinikuya »

I am a little disappointed that all profiles will have to be public, but having them private does sort of defeat the purpose.

Also, you can delete just your Google+ profile by going to Account Settings and selecting "Delete profile and social features".

I'm not entirely certain what I shall end up doing with this account, but it's fun to experiment around in for now. I'd offer the name to anyone who wants to add me, but I'm told it's very difficult to do so (more like, Google+ must not like my name or something).
時間は余るものではなく作るもの
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

It doesn't like Japanese names...I have another friend who uses one too, and orz. Can't even link her with the @ or + feature.

I'm not so happy that all profiles are going public either, but there is so little on my profile that it doesn't really matter. It's not like Google requires you to fill the entire thing out or use a real name (unlike FB).
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

In term of privacy, Google has their problem ever since the Google Buzz fiasco, and Google being Google, interface isn't their forte.

I got the invite from Yatchan but guess there isn't any room left for new users at the moment.
Merun @ Twitter
Gicchan

Post by Gicchan »

I want an invite~ (・ω・`)
And I believe I have my email on my profile on the mainboard.

(x) sometimes the night is dark and stormy,
sometimes the ghosts of what you had run their fingers down a spine.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Invite sent!
Merun @ Twitter