Typing Speed Test

Other misc discussion
Merun

Typing Speed Test

Post by Merun »

Just a little test that take one minute. Considering how people tags images here, you should all be fast typer, no?

Here is my score on The Wizard of Oz, one minute. I type with 9 fingers, considering I don't use my right thumb for the spacebar.

Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 10.36.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 10.36.29 PM.png (112.59 KiB) Viewed 10343 times
For those who wants to try:
http://www.typingtest.com/
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Re: Typing Speed Test

Post by Tensa »

Wizard of Oz

Aesop's fables
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

34 WPM, I'm still getting used to colemak.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Deoxys wrote:34 WPM, I'm still getting used to colemak.
Reminds me I should perhaps switch to a new layout. Azerty is not made for coding. How is colemark compared to Dvorak?
Merun @ Twitter
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Well, the idea of colemak is to be able to type faster in English, and I do think it works, but you have to learn it and practise.

Also, when I reach about 60WPM I'll be switching between qwerty and colemak constantly, if you don't do that your qwerty speed will really drop (Mine has gone down in the last month) , and considering that a whole lot of keyboards in the world have that layout it's not a good idea to let that happen.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Here it's Azerty keyboard primarily. My typing speed is quite slower in Qwerty. In fact after checking, it seems like colemak would be problematic for me since it's not made for French.
Merun @ Twitter
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

It's not made to type in Spanish either, but the keyboard is multilingual and it's really useful for programming. In the spanish layout we have to do altgr or caps plus a key to type down the major part of the symbols (Such as []{}«»), and in colemak (which uses the US symbol layout) you have it all at hand.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Just read that it's going to screw some of my keyboard shortcuts on OSX, and of course, it had to be with Photoshop and Eclipse especially ^^;
Merun @ Twitter
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Yep, that's the bad part. Copy / cut / paste shorcuts are fine, but for the others you need to change the layout back to whatever you were using. It's just alt+shift, so it's not a big trouble though. I use qwerty with photoshop and many other programs and games.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Remapping isn't the problem. The problem lies in the fact that both Photoshop and Eclipse use very old Apple's API and this seems to create problems with shortcuts.
Merun @ Twitter
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Well, the only thing I know about apple computers is that they crash, explode and break down whenever I try to use them, so I have no idea about what could you do about it. :/
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I type with five fingers. I often wonder who quickly I would type if I used my hands properly.
Attachments
ss+%282012-04-04+at+09.38.13%29.jpg
ss+%282012-04-04+at+09.38.13%29.jpg (104.29 KiB) Viewed 10316 times
私は悪魔です。
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

5 fingers? I'm not using my right thumb... that's all. Left little finger is only for L. Shift, R. little finger is only for ' " \ | . Left ring finger is for tab. Left thumb is only for Space.

But no matter what this speed tells us, my score is 100 or over when it comes to tagging xD
Merun

Post by Merun »

I will search for an alternative if I want to change my layout.

This thread is getting more and more secretary ( typing speed in the 80 xD ). I also don't use my pinkies for letters, just shift ctrl, and enter.
Merun @ Twitter
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »