[Shuu Survey] Merchandise

Other misc discussion

What types of anime merchandise have you bought?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Plush toy
6%
Figurine/model
10%
Keychain/cellphone strap
8%
Paper product (stationary, notebook, folder, calendar, etc.)
7%
Book (artbook, etc.)
13%
Poster/wallscroll
10%
Other decorative item (stickers, phone covers, etc)
7%
Household item (coffee mug, pillow, bedspread, towel, lunch box, appliance, etc)
6%
Clothing/accessories (shirt, hat, bag, badge, watch, etc.)
5%
Snacks/food/drink
5%
Soundtrack/drama CD
8%
Game (video game, trading card game, board game)
13%
Other (Tell us what!)
5%
None...
No votes

Total votes: 88

Julia

[Shuu Survey] Merchandise

Post by Julia »

I recently saw an Evangelion shaver set, a Pikachu ice shaver, and a Gundam Unicorn business card holder for sale at J-List. It seems there's no end to the types of merchandise for sale that are tied in to an anime series. What kind of anime merchandise have you bought before? What's the wackiest anime merchandise item you've seen for sale? (For me the craziest one is the Fullmetal Alchemist canned bread.)
SEA203_u6ty8.jpg
SEA203_u6ty8.jpg (36.74 KiB) Viewed 49925 times
The poll will run for 20 days. :)

Note: for the "book" choice, buying the manga that an anime is based on doesn't count. I'm thinking more about stuff like artbooks or something like Hetalia Conversation Book.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Yatchen

Re: [Shuu Survey] Merchandise

Post by Yatchen »

You didn't list DVDs or manga as their own choice? ;3
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

Err... it's easier for me to tell what I didn't check in that list lol... Plush toys, other, and none xD
Merun @ Twitter
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

I've bought games, figures (And mostly getting them from cons I have fond memories of) and I once got a Evagelion Artbook (Along with Japanese food and some novelties)
But I mostly buy figureines I like on cons or on a site. I don't let them import them from Japan though.
[Signature space. $10]
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

- plush toys: Kirara from Inuyasha, Hamtaro, Luna from Sailor Moon, Pikachu, and Mikuru from Haruhi (although I don't have her anymore).

- keychain: Edward from FMA

- figures: Len (Vocaloid) nendoroid (though I sadly broke him), Yune nendoroid from Ikoku Meiro no croisee, a small figure of Yuna from FFX, Two little Yu-gi-oh trading figures, and a Proffesor Layton figure.

- Books: Chobits art book. I also have an Okami art book, but that's not anime. XD

- Posters / wall scrolls: I used to have a DBZ poster. Right now I have a Chobits wall scroll on my wall. ^^

- Decorative items: Chobits and DBZ stickers

- Soundtracks: a Chobits and Fruits Basket soundtrack

- Videogames: Pokemon game series, the first Fullmetal Alchemist PS2 game and a couple of DBZ games. Oh! I also have a Hamtaro game.

And I think that's about it. Unless you want to count Sanrio products as anime, then I have a ton of that! XD
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

Merun

Post by Merun »

Oh I remember having a black Mokona plushi until I moved and let it in Paris, does it count? xD
Merun @ Twitter
Artifex

Post by Artifex »

Video games and trading cards are pretty much the only anime merchandise I've bought, like Pokemon (games and cards), Digimon (games and cards), Yu-Gi-Oh cards, two Bleach fighting games, Disgaea, Jump Super Stars, and a Hamtaro game as well. Ham-hams unite!

Other than those, I've gotten a FMA profile book, and that's about it. ^_^U
"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Miserables

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. . . . There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for." - Sam, The Two Towers
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

i think plush items (except for the 2 free ones I got) and snacks are the things I didn't buy. I'm pretty sure I have bought a few things in the other categories.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
cosmictails

Post by cosmictails »

Well, for the past 3 years, I have three sets of Ojamajo Doremi figurines and one Shugo Chara! 2009 Calendar poster from online.

The Shugo Chara! calendar images are posted in the Shuu imageboard if ya'll want to see them.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Of course I see this thread after the poll ends. :cry:
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

*patpat
You can still comment!
私は悪魔です。
cosmictails

Post by cosmictails »

Hello Shuulians! Cosmictails here! It's been almost so long (7 years in fact) that we haven't got different merchandises that we haven't share for a long while.

Since last year or so, I have a bunch of figures along in my collection (Thanks to my sister for choosing the good ones of my search, though). I have:
  • 1 "Cardcaptor Sakura" figure in her UFO Outfit
  • 2 Takatsuki Yayoi figures from "The Idolm@ster"(one in the overall dress with the green purse & one from the movie)
  • 1 Hazuki Kurumi figure in her Magical Girl Outfit from "Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel"
  • 1 Yoshino & Yoshinon in her Hermit Outfit from "Date A Live"

As of this year, I was on vacation heading to South Korea in Deagu since Jan. 30th and spend for the next 6-7 days there, my sister and I flew to Tokyo, Japan on the 6th of Feb. for the next 2 days there. On the first day in Tokyo, we went to Nakaido Broadway and Akihabara to find figurines that I search to like and what I have are:
  • 1 Hoto Cocoa (in summer school uniform), 3 Kafuu Chino Figures (in casual swimwear, winter school uniform & a special uniform from "Is the Order a Rabbit??"
  • 1 Chitose Kirisaki in a school swimsuit from "Nisekoi"
  • 1 Serval figure from "Kemono Friends"
  • Clownpiece from "Touhou"
  • Two posers scrolls of Lyrical Nanoha & Is the Order a Rabbit
Back in Daegu, we came across a few (but three) anime stores and buy two more figures cause I'm short on cash, hehehe! :lol:
  • Mimura Kanako figure from "The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls"
  • Silica figure from SAO from the movie
That's all I have for now, till next time for the next collection.

Oh yes. I forgot that I have a bonus figure coming at the mail very soon next month, but I'll spoil it to show you what this one is from the link below:
https://66.media.tumblr.com/82788930f77 ... 1_1280.jpg It's in color instead of grey colored.

So I'll see you then another time for more items to collect. :wink:
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

That's amazing, cosmic! I have a bunch of BRS figures that are sadly still packed away -maybe I should set them up. I sold most of my figures but I couldn't let hers go. She will always be one of my favorites, even if I moved to new fandoms. I'm tempted to get the Ethan, Rosa, and Lyra ones Kotobukiya made. That 'Is The Order a Rabbit' figure is so precious. I hope you enjoy her when you get her.

You're very lucky to be traveling the world like that! I hope you consider sharing a post in the Smecchi thread about your travels with pics. No wonder you've been away. ****, man. Oo It must have been nice.

Can't really contribute here myself because I haven't been buying merch as much as I used to [in fact, I've sold a majority of my things because I didn't have an attachment to them anymore]. My doujin collection of the boys got bigger and I got a keychain of them but I doubt anyone wants to see that. I'm on the quest for SINoALICE stuff, but no luck so far since it's still a bit of an obscure source.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
cosmictails

Post by cosmictails »

Thanks Aizawa! I will show the figure when it comes and where have I been into on Smecchi!

Actually, I was cutting a break from shuu for awhile since around August, building up my money at any other way at work to get ready to go oversees for the 1st time, but since something pop up in my mind that almost getting me distracted from coming back to the board.

Have you heard of a game called "A Hat In Time"? It's a action-adventure game based of platforms of Super Mario 64 & Banjo-Kazooie.

Ever since I look at Hat Kid, she looks so adorable when I gawk that hat of hers and cape, I couldn't help myself of that posture.

Bow Kid on Left, Hat Kid on Right on image:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/a-h ... 0824212059

Then I considered making a doll of her and Bow Kid*, which that I couldn't help making those two (as also another one of my talents that I can do, besides art drawing, of course). Then I made two different ones that I made of my own (Not associate with the game). All of them are made of fabric and stuffed with cotton. (I will send you a PM of Hat Kid later to you Aizawa, when the time comes).

There is a Twitter that I post of a Bow Kid doll from the game of what I made from the link here (If you have an account with them):
https://twitter.com/cosmo_cream/status/ ... 1262502913

A special 2D artist (who drew the two characters and alike in the game) like this and I considered to make one for her soon when I return back home.

I also forget that I have 1 "Is the Order a Rabbit?" Visual Art Book
https://otaku.com/files/images/fullsize/89482E.JPG

& 1 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Sleeve for Binder (with no text).
https://www.wunderstore.co.uk/images/Bu ... 170492.jpg
I'll take pictures of the franchise later when I return back to the US.

*Bow Kid is from the 2nd DLC from AHiT: Seal the Deal.