Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 25

Julia

[Shuu Survey] English?

Post by Julia »

A quick and simple one this time. Let's see what percentage of users are or aren't English natives.

Discuss the languages you know, used to know, or want to know.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Artifex

Re: [Shuu Survey] English?

Post by Artifex »

English is my first language, and I've studied a little bit of German and taken two years of Latin (not that I remember most of it :P). I'd love to be able to speak a lot of other languages, but if I had to choose just one it would probably be German. It is a really beautiful language.
"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Miserables

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. . . . There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for." - Sam, The Two Towers
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

English is my first language. I did study French back in high school for 4 years and I know a little Swedish.
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
demon_turtle1028

Post by demon_turtle1028 »

My first language is English, though it sometimes it doesn't seem like it :P I took Spanish in high school, but I sucked at it and now I'm trying to learn Japanese. I even got a Japanese for Dummies book :D
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Dutch is my first language. But my father had a penpal from America and she vistited us ever since I was 4 so I got English at a very early age.
And having studied in IT, does help too :3
[Signature space. $10]
Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

My first language is Polish, but I learn English since... well, I had some extra-curricular lessons in nursery school, but since fourth class of elementary school (even after all those years, I'm still not good, haha).
I know also some Latin and German (though I don't like it - no offence to Germans, but I just think this language sounds very harsh). I would like to know many languages, especially French, Russian and Japanese (okay, okay, I know how to read katakana, hiragana and very few kanji, but I want to know it better >.>)
Julia

Post by Julia »

My first language is English but I read Spanish very well (I had years of Spanish in high school but I'm not as good at speaking it) and I'm learning Japanese.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Not my first language, but I'm working on it. I plan to take the proficiency exam two or three years from now.

I also wanted to learn German, Russian and Arab, but I found out that I suck when it comes to learning idioms by myself.
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

My first language is Bulgarian; then I studied German and after that - English;
I also know beginner Japanese and Persian
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

First language: Dutch but I also grew up with French (parents spoke both languages at home)
Learned English at school.
Want to learn Japanese (like lots of people here).
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
hinikuya

Post by hinikuya »

English is my first language. I took three years of Spanish in high school (but the only phrase I remember is, "lo siento, pero yo no puedo hablar en español").
I know a little Japanese, as well.
時間は余るものではなく作るもの
Sara

Post by Sara »

Since I'm from Russia , my first language is Russian .

But I can also speak English , German , Spanish , Serbian . Not good as Russian , of course.