I need hugs. My dad died today...

Other misc discussion
Sinamuna

I need hugs. My dad died today...

Post by Sinamuna »

I know it's a silly place to post about this stuff, but... I've spent the entire day with family and I just... I don't know. I'd like support from friends and just random strangers just because...

My dad fought cancer for 5+ years, until today around 3pm. He'd been in hospice for a few months... steadily getting worse. And this morning they said he was doing okay, eating and responding somewhat... but then he just... crashed and they called us in. Mary (stepmom) called my brothers and their wives, uncle (dad's brother) and aunt... and we just... sat with him and held his hand, cried off and on, told little stories... And they prayed with/for him as he was taking his last breaths.

I broke down in hysterics just sobbing as I watched his chest start to move slower and slower... They had to coax me to let go and leave the room after a while. I could barely walk... After a while we came back to the house with the family to talk and just... try and relax and enjoy time together.

Now I'm just in a huge fog.
"When I met you, flowers started growing in the darkest parts of my heart."
Siena Cruz

Re: I need hugs. My dad died today...

Post by Siena Cruz »

*hugs*
After reading this post, my heart is crying for you, since my dad means the world to me and imagining him to to go away just made me realize what you must be going through.
I'm not really good at this but I hope God gives you patience.
And
*More hugs*