User activites.

Other misc discussion
Aizawa

User activites.

Post by Aizawa »

So, yeah, the title pretty much says it all. At the end of the day, this website is an image board and our primary focus is on sharing pictures we like, but that doesn't mean we can't have some community activities here and there. It's not only a chance for user activity; it's a chance for us all the get to know one another and join together as a community to do fun things now and then. This thread will be for feedback and ideas of new things we could do with one another, as well as schedule things and make reminders for upcoming events. Some notable activities we have had:

1.) The e-chuuchuu comics. An e-chuuchuu comic is based on the users here, taking their most notable icon personas to represent them and put them in fun/silly situations. A lot of times it's taking actual traits and poking harmless fun at them. I'll let an expert on these answer any questions. I have never made one myself, because my humor can be too dark or inappropriate to try. Oops.

2.) Posting challenges. These were challenges mods made to give users a chance to have an extra upload slot or so. They would pick a theme or a few tags, and users would upload based on that, adding Contest Entry in the misc. metadata field. I haven't participated in these myself, but it was a big, fun thing when I was sort of still the new guy here.

3.) Secret Santa. Held by my own good friend irl. I saw how hard she had worked on it first hand, and the pay out was great and unexpected. Everyone made something and no one backed down or had to be accounted for. We all loved our gifts and it gave people the chance to do something for a stranger. Unless you pulled a friend's name. Haha.

4.) Discord. Sticking this here because we have had some fun times here, from making stupid art memes to having actual voice group calling. I'm not a people's person, but I can say I have had a blast there, too, personally.

So, yeah. Any feedback on previous events so we know what we can avoid if we do it again, to new, cool things are welcomed here. I was considering a stream but I'm not 100% on it. I run my laptop on limited mobile hotpot and I have a molar extraction and jaw surgery this coming Friday, so I probably won't be able to reply to any feedback while I recover. But we are looking into things. FUN things. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: participation isn't mandatory so I stress to only join in any activities if you are comfortable and want to.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Fawn

Re: User activites.

Post by Fawn »

giving this thread some love because there are opportunities here! <3 The Secret Santa event was a lot of hard work but im glad everyone enjoyed it and got something out of it. also i tried to shuffle the names up bu it was sort of hard since it was with a number generator lol. im probably going to do it again this year. i tried to do something for vday, really i did, but my schedule just wouldnt have it.

i really like e-chuuchuus so its kind of sad they rarely if ever get made anymore. :'( i tried to make one and it got a lot of comments but im not really happy with it. ill try to make more in the future but when i asked in the forums about them no one seemed interested. plus i can really only write my friends here and there were already limited users in them. maybe ill look for some funny moments with other regulars and try from there. from a normie perspective chuus are fun but when they are about the same few users it may not be a good thing to have imo which is something i do want to try to avoid.

lol i got in discord today. xDDD im fine with a stream just give us a decent heads up.
Emii

Post by Emii »

I always wanted to introduce more games to the forums, however I always wondered if the games could be a part of the discord too? I'm actually surprised the discord has a lot of traffic. Thoughts?
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

There's a fee forum game threads made but they're dead. I'll maybe try to bump this tonight or so.

- http://e-shuushuu.net/image/958591/
Movie night? Streaming is hectic on my end so if there isn't a lot of interest then I'll plan something else.
Ran

Post by Ran »

An anime streaming night sounds super fun actually! If we can find a service that allows simultaneous streaming with a chatroom, it could be a great group activity. :)
Siena Cruz

Post by Siena Cruz »

I've a really untrustworthy internet connection these days sadly but it'll be​ great if the movie night thing works.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I have confirmed a service that will allow me to live-stream from Hulu, Netflix, and Crunchyroll with a built-in chat room. Working on finalizing the details. 8)
Ran

Post by Ran »

Shuusday (Tuesday) Night Anime? How's that sound for group chat and streaming?
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Why not Shuunday? Or Shuuterday?
[Signature space. $10]
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

I'm only off/have the days to myself Fridays and Saturdays. :[ So I vote Shuuterday!