New year!

Other misc discussion
Fawn

New year!

Post by Fawn »

hi sugars burgers. i didn't know where else to stick this , but hopefully this is ok! lol. it's a ne wyear! tell me about your 2018!

1.) what was your favorite moment ? we have to share POSITIVE memories!
my favorite memory was rtx with aizawa and my friends and family. i even convinced him to cosplay ! we looked killer and had fun ! i got to meet the voice actors for the four girls in rwby and omg , it was such a happy day. i was surrounded by people i love and that just made it better !

2 what was the biggest lesson you learned ?
i learned that some people are always going to be mean and toxic and negative but i don't have to let them get to me ! i'm loving myself more and more each day. :3 i learned that i'm pretty good at cosplay and it's a new hobby i am pursuing pretty hard !

3 how is 2019 going for you so far ? what do you hope to accomplish ?
it's kinda early to tell xDD but i had so much fun. i accidentally almost hit aizawa's nice car with a roman candle tho. total oops moment. i started a new cosplay project and this one has nostalgia to it so i want to make sure i totally nail it - mimi from digimon! my goal is to tune out negativity all together and get back into drawing again.

i'm not expecting a lot of replies but i wanted to get a thread for us all to look back on on our fondest memories ! Image
Aizawa

Re: New year!

Post by Aizawa »

I've managed to make a lot of fond memories for this year. I don't think I can pick a favorite, but I'm glad you're my friend, too.

2018 was about acceptance for me. I've learned to accept myself in beautiful ways -accepting my flaws, acknowledging certain behaviors I partook in, learning to cope with the things I can't control in a more healthy way. I've learned to accept more personal thing about myself and now I feel more in control of my circumstances and my life. I've learned who my true friends were, and even if I don't have a plethora of them, mostly because I can't connect to people well, the friends I have are the realest friends a person can have, and that to me is enough.

2019 is going well so far. I will finally be getting a new laptop in two weeks after not having one for a couple months [when you're doing college online it's a real pain, but a friend loaned me her Chromebook. Based. I also have to pay bills, so that made saving for a new one hard << Adulting is fuuun] I also got a free-verse short story published locally, so even if it seems to be small, it means a lot to me.

Lastly, I will end my post with this. Since my Shuu anniversary just passed and we are going to hit 1,000,000 posts soon [hopefully], I thank everyone on Shuu. This site means a lot to me on a personal level and I have met such amazing people here. Whether we talked or not, whether we just interact in comments or talk through out the days, gotten along or not. Yes, Shuu has changed a lot since I joined, but the amazing people I have gotten to know will always stick with me. Thanks for accepting me as a mod and as a community member. That is all.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Siena Cruz

Re: New year!

Post by Siena Cruz »

2018 started a bit gloomy for me but that quickly changed and I got admitted into a university which let me study at my own pace and I also got my first ever laptop. Finally, finally learnt simple edits and expanded my tumblr blog, that's one of the best things I remember from 2018 lol. Dealt with some mentally tiring stuff for a few weeks and looked after my family in place of my mother for two weeks, which was fun in its own way. Almost got married lol but phew, made the right decision at the end. And I became a tagger on shuu, definitely something I hadn't exactly expected but it made me happy and a bit more confident.

Also I finally let go of some people I should have let go of ages ago and I also became even more closer with my parents and siblings. I don't think I will ever need anyone as long as I have my family, even after we all go our separate ways. Learnt to appreciate all my online friends even more because after my family, they have been there for me and that means a lot.

I probably missed out on a lot but I wanted to write something at least, because shuu is a very special place for me even though I joined much recently as compared to other members. I think 2019 will be a good year but lets see.