LOL thread. XD!

Other misc discussion
gourry_gabriev610

Post by gourry_gabriev610 »

nemesis the anime hunter wrote:in aus thay dont change the anime time very often or at all but thay do the one thing that makes me go completly ape s*** and thats when thay get to a good point in a series and then rewind it back to the start...like when i was into dbz i was watching it and it got to the part when freza is about to die and then thay rewind it back to the start of the series......ok now that pissed me off but just to add insult to injury thay get to the same point in the series again AND THAY BLOODY WELL REWIND IT AGAIN...AND IT HAPPEND 4 DAM TIMES :evil: .......sorry for getting angry but i had to let that out....and thay have done it to initial d,dbgt,inu yasha,gundam seed and fullmetal alchemist and a couple more so besides that thay dont realy change the anime times here :-s
That happened here to. Cartoon network got one episode into instumentality in NGE, and the started it all over. :evil: I find that almost as annoying as when they hire bad voice actors for the english translations. (reminded of amelia in the english version of slayers)*shudder*
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

gourry_gabriev610 wrote:I find that almost as annoying as when they hire bad voice actors for the english translations. (reminded of amelia in the english version of slayers)*shudder*
watch shadow skill........i havent seen a english version of an anime as bad as this!
amfest

Post by amfest »

wasn't there two voice actors for amelia in slayers? I recall her english voice being funky in a few eps and then the voice sounded different and softned up. hmm maybe i should double check that >_<. But for sure when she appears and way later eps she is different sounding. Unless the english VA was told to change her method alot.
Ecchi-BANZAII

Post by Ecchi-BANZAII »

WHAT? what do you mean with english..? So you're telling us you watched it in English?
amfest

Post by amfest »

Ecchi-BANZAII wrote:WHAT? what do you mean with english..? So you're telling us you watched it in English?
indeed . . i don't always watch anime alone >_> . . I've watched anime with my mom, grandma, and cousins and since my mom and grandma don't have a good eyesight and can't read fast enough . .guess what . .english it is >_> . . my mom loves slayers and nadia .. and my grandma likes cowboy bebop :P
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

amfest wrote:and my grandma likes cowboy bebop :P
Ah, but "Cowboy Bebop" (thankfully) has an excellent dub. It's one of the few anime series where the dub actually rivals the original voice track, you can thoroughly enjoy the english dub of "Cowboy Bebop" as much as the original Japanese version.
Drake

Post by Drake »

Smithy wrote:
amfest wrote:and my grandma likes cowboy bebop :P
Ah, but "Cowboy Bebop" (thankfully) has an excellent dub. It's one of the few anime series where the dub actually rivals the original voice track, you can thoroughly enjoy the english dub of "Cowboy Bebop" as much as the original Japanese version.
funny,it's exacty the same thing in french,cowboy bebop is one of the only anime with an enjoyable dub,but they sure were a loot of horrible ones..like fullmetal alchemist ..pouah -_-
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

i died when i saw this XD

amfest

Post by amfest »

what's so funny? .. I want raingear like that too!!!

Kappa powar!
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Posting this at the imageboard might stir some trouble, so I'll put it here instead.

→ http://e-shuushuu.net/image.php?mode=vi ... e_id=21227
The list keeps getting bigger and bigger. -_-;;
amfest

Post by amfest »

I'll say it again .. this list is bunk cause it doesn't have Ataru from UY on it :P . . he got lum ... LUM i tell ya!!

LUM!!!

<3 ~~
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Nice~ :D Did you make that?
amfest

Post by amfest »

solwyvern wrote:Nice~ :D Did you make that?
no . . . .if I made a Lum it'd be huge full body shot XD
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

gourry_gabriev610 wrote:
nemesis the anime hunter wrote:in aus thay dont change the anime time very often or at all but thay do the one thing that makes me go completly ape s*** and thats when thay get to a good point in a series and then rewind it back to the start...like when i was into dbz i was watching it and it got to the part when freza is about to die and then thay rewind it back to the start of the series......ok now that pissed me off but just to add insult to injury thay get to the same point in the series again AND THAY BLOODY WELL REWIND IT AGAIN...AND IT HAPPEND 4 DAM TIMES :evil: .......sorry for getting angry but i had to let that out....and thay have done it to initial d,dbgt,inu yasha,gundam seed and fullmetal alchemist and a couple more so besides that thay dont realy change the anime times here :-s
That happened here to. Cartoon network got one episode into instumentality in NGE, and the started it all over. :evil: I find that almost as annoying as when they hire bad voice actors for the english translations. (reminded of amelia in the english version of slayers)*shudder*
Don't quote me on this, but I'm PRETTY sure about this... The reason why they "rewind" the episodes is because when the network/channel purchase the rights to showing any tv series, depending on the company's budget, they only purchase the rights to show only part of the entire series. I'm sure just purchasing 1 saga's worth of DBZ episodes is a large amount of cash, just think how much the negotiating rights would cost a company to show several saga's. Due to budgeting constraints, I'm sure they're told to purchase as many episodes as possible with the provided budget; Thus, cutting up certain saga's in the middle.
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
amfest

Post by amfest »

Ono . .I think it's more the milking factor . they milk as much out of the series as they can. US tv networks just LOVE to show reruns over and over. Instead of buying new stuff they just use what they have over and over again. In some ways it's good though . if you miss an ep you don't have to go gahh!! now I have to wait for the dvd. But in other instances where they rerun something that's been finished for years 4 times before they show the final parts of it .. -_-;; Also for some series like DBZ alot of reruns had to do with the actual dvd/vhs releases .. it was the milking process indeed followed by the horrible english dubs they needed to create XD. Even with series that have been done for so long they will contiune that forumula . ..

so let it be written so let it be done

XD