How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Merun, hope you feel better soon.

Nice AngelLily, a good score/result is always great, especially when you invested a lot of time and work in it. Congrats!

Canis, I can fathom that's really annoying to say the least. What kind of hotel was it? I've not encountered any hotels before that requested proof of kinship or marriage or asked any such questions... (haven't been to Italy before yet though). While some verification may be a good idea, it's close to invasion of privacy and just plain bad for business if you scare customers away like that... but if they didn't even have a clerk who spoke english, you may be better of seeking another hotel.
Reon

Post by Reon »

yey congrats AngelLily!!! 8D

Well I'm so tired since I came back from school V_V"
no one's ol...
If your kindness is uncertain then I don't need it
signature by my friend Mika ^^ do not take~
feel free to add me in my blogs.twitterlivejournal
Merun

Post by Merun »

Don't worry, it was only temporary.

Today, I'm training my Tetris Attack skills for the upcoming release of Planet Puzzle League on DS in ten day... and I think I will photoshop something.

And congratulation Lily-chan ^^
Merun @ Twitter
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Thanks guys ^-^ It's always good to see the results of something you invested a lot into.

Now, if only I wasn't so lazy on other affairs... XD
Biba

Post by Biba »

I never posted here before because I don't want to annoy people with my boring life but... I terribly failed my exam just now. Oral exam, I got nervous and couldn't say another word :( I felt like crying. I'm really shy and this is what always happens to me in oral exams. I told myself before the exam just to tell everything I know, but I couldn't do it :cry: I feel really really bad right now.

Another holidays I'll be spending studying to retake my exams :( and I told myself I'd do my best this time. And I did do my best and I still fail *sigh* just because I'm too shy to talk to the professor *sigh*

Ok, I'll stop my ranting now, there's nothing I can do now to make it better anyway. :cry:
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Don't hold back your rants, Biba-san, it can be worse. No one would be bored by you, I can assure you.

I'm the one that feels bad now, talking about mine... I don't know what to say to you. I'm really sorry to hear that, but all I can say is not to be afraid. You'll do well! You probably know your stuff... Just calm down and say it. And good luck.
boele

Post by boele »

well it sucks alittle i am trying to get the PS1 emulator and PS2 emulator in one working but it won't work...
the video plugin can;t find it and i can not look through files and blablabla..
aa i am goin crazy i realy hate it when something does'nt work..
i downloaded and istalled alot fo plugins and patches and others files.
al in there place but noo vidoe crap..
aa i realy hate it..

and o yeah.. i finalt finished readin mahoromatic :P
somethiong good today -_-
Merun

Post by Merun »

Too bad for you :/ I used to be shy, during mid school, then when I joined in high school, I don't know why but I wasn't shy anymore ( well, I have 2 speeds now;, silent, or talkative ).
Still a little bit nervous, but I can talk freely in front of my classes, or in front or my teacher. Yesterday my oral exams went well.

I think that replaying what you will tell to the teacher can help. The worst enemy is apprehension, and nervousness. Some times I would throw a joke, it helps to lighten the atmosphere. One thing that change dramatically also for me, is the fact that I'm crazier ( may or may not help ), and I had more friends.
Merun @ Twitter
Ararara-ra

Post by Ararara-ra »

@Biba Don't get nervous, results depend on what you have previously done to prepare yourself.

If you studied, you will pass.

If you didn't, you will fail.

As long as you studied you should feel confident.

And, plus, you are no bother to anybody! Looks at my posts.. I been long whining about the same thing.. ~_~ I am the more annoying one.
boele

Post by boele »

if it is study's i can say the thing that has happened to me...
i am graduated with a three 7's, two 8's and a 6
( yeh in holland grades ans stuff are different grades 1-10 )
and i never study or learn for anything..
just pay attantion in class and takes notes form others :P

well thats how i did and i was almost the best of my year..

6th place =D of 246 student's :P
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I'm sorry to hear that Biba, oral exams can be quite frightening. If you are rather shy/nervous about them perhaps you can try and find tricks or little things to help you relax.
Or maybe follow a course on assertiveness or such? (They can help and there's no shame in doing taking such courses.)

Easier said that done of course I know but best to not be nervous and have self-confidence.
Enough self-confidence and an assured attitude will help in your grades as professors will take notice you seem sure of yourself and can interpret that as you knowing the subject matter well (regardless of how well you do know it).

And we're always here to listen. :)
Biba

Post by Biba »

Thank guys ^_^ I'm really happy to know that you are willing to listen and don't think I'm boring ^_^;

I feel a bit better now. I'll try to stay calmer next time and remember what you guys told me ^_^
sakurachi2004

Post by sakurachi2004 »

hay i failed all my Alevels apart from physcis and i still got into uni had to do a foundation year tho but my point is that failling is not the end. and make studing fun i find it helps it is also easier to do things when they are fun.
always have fun and never ever feel down beause shuushuu is always there.
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

are the stiches from wisdom tooth removal supposed to fall out? cuz i was looking at in the mirror and touched it with my tongue and realized it felt really loose so i pulled it a tiny bit and it came out.
canis

Post by canis »

Congrats to your exams Lily.

Biba, I'm sorry to hear you failed your oral exam. I only had an oral exam once and I miraculously passed it but I really only did it because my teacher who was questioning me was really nice and supportive during the exam and gave me little hints when I forgot something without the principal and the other teachers noticing it. (It was only like 5-10 minutes long and I think I sweat as much as never in my life... X_X)

I hope next time it goes better. I really can't give you good tips since I'm also just shy and I never found a way to do any "speeches" in front of others without a red face and stuttering. T_T
The only thing that calms me down abit is to always repeat to myself that the people I'm talking to are just humans. Humans who also just boil their ramen with water and not with magic. It helps to imagine some "feeling of equality".