How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
sakurachi2004

Post by sakurachi2004 »

bob-omb wrote:are the stiches from wisdom tooth removal supposed to fall out? cuz i was looking at in the mirror and touched it with my tongue and realized it felt really loose so i pulled it a tiny bit and it came out.
if the stiches are dissolvable they could fall out. I think they should be dissolvable because otherwise you would have to go back to get them removed. did having the wisdom tooth removal hurt beacuse i have have heard it can be really painfull.
always have fun and never ever feel down beause shuushuu is always there.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

It's the third day my cat is missing. ._. She disappeared on Tuesday's early morning after a fight with neighborhood cats, and she still hasn't come back. I'm really worried, because although she's five years old, she's really small. We searched everywhere and couldn't find her, I hope she comes back soon...
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I hope you're able to find your cat AngelLily, a missing pet can be quite a heartache.

Didn't sleep much last night, have a few vertebrae at shoulder height that locked up.. got to head to the chiropractor tomorrow. I'm becoming an old geezer... (and it's not because I spend 10+ hours a day behind the computer, no, no... *lives in denial*)
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

sakurachi2004 wrote:
bob-omb wrote:are the stiches from wisdom tooth removal supposed to fall out? cuz i was looking at in the mirror and touched it with my tongue and realized it felt really loose so i pulled it a tiny bit and it came out.
if the stiches are dissolvable they could fall out. I think they should be dissolvable because otherwise you would have to go back to get them removed. did having the wisdom tooth removal hurt beacuse i have have heard it can be really painfull.
well the stitches are made of protein string so yea they do dissolve. The pain...well i didnt feel anything when they were removing the tooth. They really numbed me up to the point that my left side of my face was all numb. The numbing didnt go away for 5 hours too... The only time when it was really annoying was about the 3 days after the removal. My cheek was a little swollen and i had to put ice cream on it or i put an ice pack on my cheek to keep it from hurting. The first 2 nights i couldnt sleep because they were bothering me. Also i could barely open my mouth only make half an inch just to get a spoon to eat rice soup. Other than that it was pretty easy going to have a tooth removal.

but...today i went out to eat with my parents and it was a complete setup to get me outside the house and in the car. At frist they took me to a restaurant and we all had fun talking about things but then we got in the car and my parents got all serious. My dad said i had a D on the report card and he yealled at me the whole time. i mean i can understand that yes i wasnt doing well in that class and maybe i do have a problem. But then he said he had lost all faith in me and that i shouldnt even try for college... he said that he does all this stuff to help me which he all he did was make me go to sylvans which i kept telling him it didnt help at all. Even right now i think he wants to yell at me which i dont really care anymore. If he has lost faith in me then ill just try my best but ill ignore him for a while. i know i will et over my anger at him sometime but he has a bad habit of getting his children to hate him for long periods of time. First he called my brother useless to the family and now he has lost all faith in me. The good thing is that its nice being able to write this and have people to listen to you. I could never really do this with anyone i know so its nice that i can be here. I think for a few days i wont be on my computer or maybe ill just be studying to be able to drive. i dont know really...
Merun

Post by Merun »

I hope you will her soon Lily-chan. I don't have any pet because I'm asthmatic :/.

Wisdom tooth removal.. bleh. They numbed the right side correctly, but the left side was still a little bit conscious... So it did hurt on the left side ( but not enough to scream for murder ). Then for the next 6 hours you sense nothing, so you are drolling without noticing, and when the effect wears off, OUCH. Hopefully, my mom have a strange medicine that was able to wears off the pain O_O. The the next 3-5 days, be prepared for soups... You can't close your mouth because your cheek inflate. I had a second visit to remove the stitches. Now there is nothing left.

Car are the best way for parents to talk with their children... they can't escape >_<. As I suck at Spanish, my parents would sometimes lecture me. I don't like it, so I pretend to be indifferent to what they say, and they would stop.
Merun @ Twitter
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

bob-omb, I can image that's not a pleasant experience. Don't really understand why parents would have a serious conversation with you in the car, it's not a very good location for an open, comfortable talk from my point of view. Saying they lost faith in you and yelling at you is rather harsh, even if it's used as 'reverse psychology'.
Possibly they could see with you how you can be better motivated or help you seek a subject/direction that you'd like to do.

Maybe try to increase your score in the subject you're having trouble with. No reason for them or you to despair or stay stuck on once bad score. Depending on the subject, get some advice, tutoring, more practice or a different studying method could help. You can always get better at it so worth to try it out!

Went to the chiropractor today, good news is he cracked everything loose (kimochi-!) so it feels better. But I have to keep an eye out as I had two vertebrae that had compacted together, hence pinching a rib which caused the inflamation and subsequent pain. No real tingling sensations in my arm so far but if it doesn't get better I'll need to get scans done as there's a possibility I have a hernia... (major drag!)

Made me think I'm really starting to become an old geezer... hidoi! So most of you youngsters, take car of your body or this is what you'll end up like!
(Seeing I don't smoke, drink, eat fairly healthy, exercise, and am fairly thin... but spending over 10 hours a day behind a computer is bad for you!)
canis

Post by canis »

Hope your cat returns soon Lily-chan. :)

Smithy, how can this happen that two vertebrae lock up? x_x Can this really just happen from sitting in front of a PC? (no matter how much you deny that anyway...)
sakurachi2004

Post by sakurachi2004 »

i thought hernias were caused by heavy lefting. if i am wrong i think i am thinking about something else. yeah i would ascoiate herinas with older people like i think my grand dad has one. but i not too sure.

It is a realy boring time at the moment got nothing to do might clean my room today if i feel like it. Listerning to anime songs at very high volume. might wake me up.
always have fun and never ever feel down beause shuushuu is always there.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Smithy wrote:(Seeing I don't smoke, drink, eat fairly healthy, exercise, and am fairly thin... but spending over 10 hours a day behind a computer is bad for you!)
Lies! Computer is the healthiest thing on earth!

Yeah, I'll keep telling myself that lol

I think my cat is dead ._. There's a rumour going on around that a neighborhood dog killed a cat this week.
December

Post by December »

Well I don't post here much as I find my life pretty boring and as Biba already said, I might annoy you all with my boring life. Even though I don't post here often, I still read about all your daily little lives posted here. You could say, I'm a stalker in your life. xD

Back to the point.

@AngelLily, I do hope your cat comes back and most rumours are not true until the dead cat body is found. Like wise, you may never find it in the end but I do hope its only just a rumour.

@Merun, looks like we both have something in common. I'm a asthmatic as well :\. Do you still use the puffers to control your breathing incase you have an asthma attack?

@bob-omb & Merun, Ouch! got your wisdom tooth removed ><. Well I'm getting my one removed from the left side of my jaw whenever its becoming a pain and quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to it so I hope it never becomes a pain but I highly doubt that as it's wanting to come out very soon. I'm feeling a bit of pain from time to time. ><

As for today, it was a sad day really as I attended my grandma funeral. She past away a couple of days ago but I was well aware she didn't have long to live in the first place as she was diagnosed with a serious medical condition a couple of years back.
Check out my reviews on MyAnimeList Updated: 17/8/07
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Awww Dec, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. But if she was sick, at least now she's at peace, right? ^^
Terra_Valentine

Post by Terra_Valentine »

I'm sorry Lily-Chan! I hope the rumors are false. If something happened to one of my cats I think i'd be nearly inconsoleable. (since one of my cats acts like a guard-dog of me and well...she's a little blender with her claws...hehe)

I hope your kitty comes home, cats are important pets to have.

Today will be awesome for me though, at 11 I go to the eye doctor for the first time in i think 5 years, and that is good because the rest of the world wants me to get new glasses. I can't wait. I'm having my boyfriend take me because I am scared to drive with my eyes dialated, we're going to get donuts for breakfast (healthy right?) then once my eyes re-adjust I'm stopping by home real quick and getting the title transferred over for my car (so it will be offically mine, woo!) and after that, Jason is taking me to see the new Pirates Movie.

Today also marks our 2 month anniversary. We made it 2 months, yay for us! (yeah...2 months without killing someone...I mean...uh....-_- nothing)

I hope everyone has as nice of a day as me ^_^
Family:
Foster Father: MBF
Oldest Sibling: Merun (Lost)
Older Sister: Canis
Younger Sister: Angel Lily (Lost)
Currently: Emotionally lost, and determined
December

Post by December »

AngelLily wrote:Awww Dec, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. But if she was sick, at least now she's at peace, right? ^^
Definitely ^_^. I just hated to see her in pain almost everyday but what I knew about my grandma is that she had the will to fight on and to never give up. Even though her mind was still very strong, her body didn't function well anymore and eventually her body just gave up.

She was a fighter and a person who never gives up easily and even though I'm sad she's not here anymore, I'm happy she died peacefully in here sleep. That's what my whole family wanted. ^_^
Check out my reviews on MyAnimeList Updated: 17/8/07
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

December, sorry to hear about your gandmother, losing one's grandparents is never easy, even when is somewhat 'prepared'. Wish you lots of strength!

AngelLily, that indeed doesn't sound very hopeful but keep your spirits up! I recently read an article in a local newspaper about a cat returning home after being away for 4 years! :shock:

Terra_Valentine, sounds cool, hope you have a great day! Let us know how the last Pirates movie is, I've yet to see it.

sakurachi2004, indeed, considering factors such as the type of work I do, body weight and lifestyle I shouldn't be prone to hernia at all. Mind you I haven't been diagnosed with one, the chirporactor just wants to make sure I don't have one. Still a lot of pain in the inflated muslce though, apparently it's rather swollen too (if I may believe the eyewitnesses :P ).
But sitting in the same posture for so many hours just isn't good for the body. (And sitting behind the computer isn't an ideal one, especially for the shoulder that uses mouse & keyboard.) One needs regular excercise and movement.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Whoa, that'd be really cool. But I'm afraid Tulip, my cat, was a silly cat ^^;; It's really possible she jumped to death... ._. It's okay, I have things to distract me like the RP and the animes I'm watching, my mom seems more depressed than me... I suggested just getting a new kitten and letting the other go, and she asked for some time... I hope she recovers soon. Mom has heart problems, whenever she gets too concerned or nervous, she starts feeling ill.