How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Merun

Post by Merun »

canis wrote:I might flunk french... This is bad cause of all the subjects I have this is the only one they don't allow you to fail to graduate. T_T

It's so ironic: The only subject that you have to pass is the only subject I'm going to flunk! >_<

A whole year of hard work would be in vain. T_T Hope I can still save my french grade somehow... but it's hard to do so if we write 6 dictations a year compared to only 4 grammar ones. I'm good in grammer... or at least good enough for someone who entered an advanced french class with no real basic knowledge cause I visited a different school then my classmates. But dictations are the only thing that I can't teach to myself, so no matter how many hours I train vocabs or grammar, I still can't understand that frigging language where nothing is pronounced like it's spelled. It's so sad... T_T
Dictation is hard even for French x_x
Merun @ Twitter
canis

Post by canis »

Merun wrote:Dictation is hard even for French x_x
I don't think I can suddenly learn "french understanding" in the last 6 weeks before the final french test (which of course includes a dictation again). I better focus on grammar and try whatever else I can do to save my grade.

AWe always write first the dictation and then do a grammar part. While we do the grammar part, the teacher already goes through the dictations. When I was finished with my grammar part I asked her how my dictation was and she showed me... I have more than 30 mistakes on one DIN A sheet!! X___X I mean I got better compared to the beginning of the year where I had... like 60 mistakes on one page. >____> But still... 30 mistakes means that I loose many points and that my grammar part has to be veeery good to save that test's final result... I almost cried when I left the classroom. T_T It's so frustrating to work so hard on something but get hardly any result out of it. *sigh*

But thanks for saying that even french have problems with dictation. I wish my teacher would also understand that she is overdoing it with 6 dictations a year...
Merun

Post by Merun »

Humm.. I think my worst dictation was around -20/20 ( yep negative xD ). Hopefully making improvement in my typing on Internet somewhat overcome the actual trend of major train wreck of the French language, at least for me...

I must say that I had lots of dictation during my primary school... by the way, I still hate dictation >.<
Merun @ Twitter
LadySakura

Post by LadySakura »

Just so you guys know, I'm not dead. I've just been obsessed with Super Smash Bros: Brawl XDDD
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. <3
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

LadySakura wrote:Just so you guys know, I'm not dead. I've just been obsessed with Super Smash Bros: Brawl XDDD
You're not the only one... I'd be playing right now if I didn't have so much homework and studying to do. @_@
December

Post by December »

LadySakura wrote:Just so you guys know, I'm not dead. I've just been obsessed with Super Smash Bros: Brawl XDDD
On a related note, I'm half dead due to the fact I've been promoted to higher position @ work.
Currently, I lurk in the forums when i get the time. ^^

Can't wait to get brawl when it gets released here in PAL in a month or two.
Check out my reviews on MyAnimeList Updated: 17/8/07
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

I've called around... Last week some company should call me for a appointment but I called them on Tuesday and I have a appointment after Easter. On wendsay...A job interview....

I hope I get it and don't fudge it...
[Signature space. $10]
canis

Post by canis »

Congratulation December. ^^

Good luck Fhant for your job interview. Think positively and be confident! ^o^
LadySakura

Post by LadySakura »

Wow, congrats December!

Good luck Fhant! You can do it!
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. <3
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

It took me three hours of trying... but I managed to beat 5 enemies on Cruel Brawl... Pikachu pwns j00... V! ... *passes out*
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

Daha. Brawl is taking overrrrr! xD I was sharing a sparkly moment with my sweetheart the other day in silence... then suddenly you know what I hear? "Brawwwwlllll." I just close my eyes tightly and try not to laugh. Suddenly louder... "Brawwwwwwlllllllllllllll" I let out some forceful giggles, but hold back. "BRAAAAAWLLLLLLLLLLLL?!?!" ... Then I died.

I like Peach. My favorite level is the Pikmin level thus far. Played the other night for the first time. Very fun.

I guess I should be on topic. My day will be full of sleep since I've been on the vampire schedule for so long now. Then for a night of Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles. *obsessed* XD
kawaii-star

Post by kawaii-star »

Oh LOL...didn't there were many Smash Bros. fans here at the moment. I picked up this game at midnight release and had a blast watching other people compete against one another 2 weeks ago.
Some of those challenges in the game are ridiculously hard IMO. Congrats wrex for killing 5 in Cruel Brawl, I couldn't even kill 1 even with one of my bro's help. XD[/quote]
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

kawaii-star wrote:Congrats wrex for killing 5 in Cruel Brawl, I couldn't even kill 1 even with one of my bro's help. XD
Thanks. ^^ Here are some pointers for anyone trying for that challenge. I use Pikachu because he's got two good attacks to get people off of him in a hurry: his Down+B (Yay Thunderbolt!) and his Down+A. The former is better in situations where the enemies are approaching but aren't too close while the latter is best for when they're right on top of you. They're both good because they attack enemies on all sides to an extent. Down+B is better when they're above, but doesn't have as much horizontal range. I can't tell you how many times I've hit an enemy with a thunderbolt only to have their attack still register on me and wipe me out. >_<; Anyway, whatever character you use, they have to have at least one quick attack that takes out people on either side of your character.

Secondly, as soon as the battle starts, dash to one edge of the stage. I prefer the right. This makes it harder for them to surround you. Always stick to one edge or the other. And whenever possible, stay on the ground. Jumping around will just leave you exposed. (So characters like Kirby and Jigglypuff are pretty weak on this challenge, from my experience.)

Next, if you are knocked off the stage BUT still are able to get back to the level, NEVER land directly on ground. ALWAYS grab hold of an edge. The enemies will tend to congregate right next to the edge you're trying to return to, so this will be your only real chance to knock them away to give you a good spot to land. The drawback to this is that sometimes an enemy or two will stand just a bit too far back and will smash you into oblivion after you clear a few enemies out of the way, but at least you have a chance. The other alternative is to go over the enemies and land on the opposite edge of the platform if you have a character who can make it.

Most importantly: keep trying. Experiment a little with your strategy until you find something that works. Like I said, it took me three hours to beat that challenge, in part because the enemies are cheap bastards that can knock you out with only 3% and take a while to kill, but also because I had found bits and pieces of tactics that partially worked, but then had to tweak them and put them together until it all came out with a victory. ^^
ichigomomomya

Post by ichigomomomya »

I am killed the web with searching the whole day a good software for the remake of my austrian otaku community. Till now I found nothing and also I want to kill my computer for hating my floppy disks. I am happy a bit though since I found out that "Guy Maid" is out soon as anime.

Edit: Whohoo~ I found now a ecchi Kaito Dakimakura to order. ;_;
*Collects visual novel background scenes*
canis

Post by canis »

It seems I do have some typical feminine traits after all: I just spend 7 hours on the phone just talking to a friend. XD We didn't talk to each other in ages and there is soooo much that we need to talk about, we didn't even get finished but gave up cause the battery of her wireless phone was about to die.
Yay for friendships that survive long breaks and make you even after two years feel, as if you are just as close as you used to be. ^^