How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
canis

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by canis »

Oni wrote:And Smithy, remember, I don't live in the enlightened Greater EU, I live in that backwater called the UK...where thousands of dentists have left the trade, the ones that are left have mostly gone private, and in some cases, it's cheaper for people in this country to book flights to Europe for 2 weeks holiday and have full courses of treatments done there at the same time, than have an english dentist have his money grabbing way with his prey....I mean customers....and if I'd have gone to hospital, that since it was a non-emergency I'd probably have to wait anywhere up to 12 hours before anybody would see me.
I had no idea the situation in the UK is THAT bad. X_X I thought they have similar structure in that trade as germany or france. Why did the dentists leave? o_O
Dentists can be veeery expensive here too, but at least you never have to wait to get treatment.
Oni

Post by Oni »

canis wrote:
Oni wrote:And Smithy, remember, I don't live in the enlightened Greater EU, I live in that backwater called the UK...where thousands of dentists have left the trade, the ones that are left have mostly gone private, and in some cases, it's cheaper for people in this country to book flights to Europe for 2 weeks holiday and have full courses of treatments done there at the same time, than have an english dentist have his money grabbing way with his prey....I mean customers....and if I'd have gone to hospital, that since it was a non-emergency I'd probably have to wait anywhere up to 12 hours before anybody would see me.
I had no idea the situation in the UK is THAT bad. X_X I thought they have similar structure in that trade as germany or france. Why did the dentists leave? o_O
Dentists can be veeery expensive here too, but at least you never have to wait to get treatment.
Because the Prime Minister of this god-forsaken land, Gordon Brown, amongst the other idiotic things that he's perpetrated (bless him), decided to change the rules concerning NHS patients, one of the rules being they had to cap the amount of treatment per patient while on the NHS, and dentists felt that under this new bureaucracy the only options they had were to either leave the trade or go private, where the money is.
RP Status;
Alys - Changing, evolving
Rein - Uncertain
Nana - Convalescing, uncertain.
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Oni wrote:
canis wrote:
Because the Prime Minister of this god-forsaken land, Gordon Brown, amongst the other idiotic things that he's perpetrated (bless him), decided to change the rules concerning NHS patients, one of the rules being they had to cap the amount of treatment per patient while on the NHS, and dentists felt that under this new bureaucracy the only options they had were to either leave the trade or go private, where the money is.
it's so sad that people who have the power play with the health and the life of lots of people...

can't you go to another country? using a cheap flight or something liek that?
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

Yeah the situation over here in the UK is bad alright >.<
Found out last week that Swine flu is going around my school then I found out today that some of my friends have it. It's really starting to get out of hand.
The first person over here who died without an underlying health issue comes from a town near to me so everyone's starting to worry about it even more now.
mewmew_grl

Post by mewmew_grl »

LilFlow wrote:Yeah the situation over here in the UK is bad alright >.<
Found out last week that Swine flu is going around my school then I found out today that some of my friends have it. It's really starting to get out of hand.
The first person over here who died without an underlying health issue comes from a town near to me so everyone's starting to worry about it even more now.
Hope LilFlow-chan doesn't get the Swine Flu. In the US, it's even worst.
----
Last Summer wasn't so bad, it's not even hot. Hope to see more Sun tomorrow.
canis

Post by canis »

I thought the swine flu topic was starting to die down somewhat since the news didn't talk about it anymore as much as in the beginning. (on the other hand I don't watch or read many news so maybe I just missed it...)
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

With the increased travelling during the vacation months and decreased sensibility on people's behalf it's normal for it to become more widespread. Let's not forget this is just a new variant of the flu, the 'normal' flu still kills thousands more each year.
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Smithy wrote:With the increased travelling during the vacation months and decreased sensibility on people's behalf it's normal for it to become more widespread. Let's not forget this is just a new variant of the flu, the 'normal' flu still kills thousands more each year.
This is very true. Granted, a 'few' deaths is more than we would prefer, but in the grand scheme it is currently not as much of a threat as other existing illnesses.
Oni

Post by Oni »

Latest news here is that by the end of August 100,000 people a day will be catching it, and that when it's run its course, the SF will have killed over 150,000 people. That's the UK alone.
RP Status;
Alys - Changing, evolving
Rein - Uncertain
Nana - Convalescing, uncertain.
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

SARS and Bird Flu caused similar paranoia. They should definitely prepare for the possibility of this thing getting huge, but to assume that these statistics will hold and spread at a constant growth is presumptuous and likely false.
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

wrexness wrote:...to assume that these statistics will hold and spread at a constant growth is presumptuous and likely false.
Are you saying they're extrapolating those values? You have no faith in your fellow human's mathematical capacity, do you?
canis

Post by canis »

wrexness wrote:SARS and Bird Flu caused similar paranoia. They should definitely prepare for the possibility of this thing getting huge, but to assume that these statistics will hold and spread at a constant growth is presumptuous and likely false.
Good to see that I'm not alone with my anti-hysteria thinking. Though as I said, around here the topic kinda died down.

Isn't Michael Jacksons death more of a topic in the news right now anyway?
I used to have a crush on him when I was 8 years old. XD
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Fuwari wrote:
wrexness wrote:...to assume that these statistics will hold and spread at a constant growth is presumptuous and likely false.
Are you saying they're extrapolating those values? You have no faith in your fellow human's mathematical capacity, do you?
Haha, kudos. I had already forgotten about that one.
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Fuwari wrote:
yo definitively made my day :D
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

I hath returned form the vacation with no anime and no internet!

It felt good to have a week only with a DS and 15 others who share a vision of Anime and Japan. Though I was a bit of the new guy, I felt that they accepted me quickly and I laughed alot. I even got a neck and back massage! God it hurts but god it feels sooooo damn good!! (Mental note: Don't tell anyone I got it from a guy...) Oh yeah I got a bit of a tan and I grew a beard, I shaved it off as soon as I got home, where my sister and mom said I sould get a...I lost the word, but it's a beard only around my mouth...it makes me look more adult...

And the next saturday I'm going to the hague to watch Angels and Demons. God my money is going down the drain so fast...
[Signature space. $10]