How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Merun

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Merun »

I could crave for a good screen too. Either an Eizo ( wallet is bleeding from just the name xD ) or a Wacom Cintiq ( wallet is bleeding again ), and all that need to be calibrated ( except the Eizo with integrated calibration lol )

I didn't look much for external sound card. I have heard about Apogee, and also know that some Fiio and iBasso amp have their own DAC, some even support 24bit/96khz
Merun @ Twitter
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

The calibration is not that expensive. A decent calibration set costs around 150$ and if you treat it well it can last ages. Not professional, but does the trick for the mere mortals. Also, you only need to calibrate the screen once in a while (2-3 months depending on the monitor uptime hours), so you can do a group buy with other people and share the calibrator when you need to use it.

And I'm not really that much into sound systems myself. I don't have the money, so I haven't bothered yet to have a look to them. But I should start doing some research, because listening to music is the main thing I do with my computer (I also use it for photo editing, but that's less often) and I'm starting to feel that what I have is not enough. with my earphones plugged to the computer I can barely notice the difference between FLAC and MP3 320...
Merun

Post by Merun »

Last time I borrowed the colorimeter during my internship. The thing was worth around 1000€ since it's a model used for printing, so it also works for printer. But yeah I know that mere mortal can get one one for 150$, and we have enough screen to eventually justify the cost ( I mean, we have an army of console, computer, screen, smartphone )

When I purchased my SE-530, I had a dead Nvidia 8600M ( now that I think about it, I'm cursed by Nvidia ), so it was some sort of well, buying to keep me busy. I would rather not continue browsing audio equipment because it's expensive and I don't want to buy one of these by "mistake" xD
Merun @ Twitter
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Yeah, where my mother works they have also tons of screens (around 40) used 10 daily hours for editing/printing/etc works and they have one of those too. Costs a zillion Euros, but the results are really impressive.

I don't think you need to calibrate al the screen tho, just the one you use for editing. I have the 'editing screen' (A random airis 14" TFT) as secondary with the standard settings (I borrow a cheap calibrator once on a while), and the main screen with very low contrast and brightness, so I can use the computer without my eyes burning (I usually use the computer at night, so a calibrated setting would be really awful to use).

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it's only important to calibrate a monitor if you are going to use it for certain purposes (Editing, printing tests, etc). For the rest of the things, a normal screen with the default settings works fine.
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

I'd love to see her reaction :)
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

That's incredibly cute~!
I hope it cheers her up ^_^
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

You're such a thoughtful husband Aizawa! So incredibly sweet! ^^
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Oh god, it's adorable.
私は悪魔です。
demon_turtle1028

Post by demon_turtle1028 »

That's really sweet of you. I know that will cheer her up :)
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya
Gicchan

Post by Gicchan »

this isn't mushy at all! you're so kind Aizawa. ;w; ooohh so lovely.

(x) sometimes the night is dark and stormy,
sometimes the ghosts of what you had run their fingers down a spine.
Merun

Post by Merun »

That's nice. I should do it, one day, eventually if I have a girl xD
Merun @ Twitter
Merun

Post by Merun »

I hope they will both be born fine. From what I heard, I also had a twin in the womb of my mother, but he/she vanished. Sometimes I wonder how my life would have been with a twin xD
Merun @ Twitter
Gicchan

Post by Gicchan »

god, that's rather huge. I want to see the twins ;w;

oh and here's a short story, I had a funny dream last night. I was banned by Kage by commenting on a disabled image, hehe. I have no idea, though. XD

(x) sometimes the night is dark and stormy,
sometimes the ghosts of what you had run their fingers down a spine.
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

I wish I had a twin brother too :(
Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

@Aizawa When your wife will give born to children? According to one of your previous posts I came with conclusion that in August, but this would mean that this is around 3-4 month. And looking at her belly, this is quite impossible o.o
However, most important for them is to be healthy born.

Twins... I have been awared since childhood, that probability of my future pregnance with twins is very, very high. Because often twin are born every two generations and both my grandma's had born twins.