Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Yatchen »

I feel the same as Merun.
We are wishing the best for you, yuna.
私は悪魔です。
yuna

Post by yuna »

Thank you Merun and Yatchen. I'm keeping my head up. I'm glad I have friends I can count on here. You guys really are the best.
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Stay strong, Ashley. The hard part is over, it's all on the flat from here on.
Merun wrote:I will be honest, but for lack of better word to empathize and fear of my own demons, I often avoid this topic when it's sad. I just fear that whatever I might say will end up being empty words. But I'm with you my friend. Stay strong Yuna-chan!
I have a similar fear since I have a few deficiencies in the socializing department myself but I just say them anyway.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

I fear nothing of what the people think of my words when the subject is sad. I only type what I feel like. I avoid typing "Stay strong!" or such sentences because I deem them pointless to type due to many other people doing it. So I'd rather take a bit of long text and a bit of thinking or just ignore it if nothing comes to mind.

Well I read around that your grandmother died. I have many theories regarding death, but let's not get into long talks. I just hope you don't lose your composure because a relative died. I know someone like that.

Hmm... there are few people like me. Maybe I should rethink the small sentence cheering thing. Maybe short words can encourage..... encourage? ... but of course! Most people are emotional! Wait there was something I wanted to write aside from this... ah I can't remember. I was thinking about it, but didn't write it down. I thought writing this down first would be better, then the other. But I forgot what I was thinking about. Well maybe it will come back to me.

Anyway, regarding praying. Sorry I won't do that. I'm quite the non-religious person. I never pray. But when I do, it's Boondock Saints, Amen. Though I never killed someone before. Nor do I plan to. Wait a second.... am I really non-religious? ... I believe in my own religion yet I don't know how to define it? I need to think about this a lot. Ah. But of course. I am quite religious. I will pray on behalf of my Gods and Goddesses (unless it's just one True Being... wrote that I need to think about this) for your grandmother. Be it she not enter Christian Heaven, she might enter my God's/s and Goddesses Heaven. I haven't though of worded prayers hmm... I'll think about it. Ugh this thing is getting on my thoughts. Get it? Hahahaha.

Encouraging is it. Are you one of those people? Then please don't falter from what's in front of you because of what fell down behind you. A life fell. It was out of stamina. Now look ahead and continue. You have a lot of stamina left. Now use it properly. You have a bright future ahead of you, young lady. Use the opportunities to achieve greatness and happiness.
Though if your most beloved person dies. I wouldn't know what to say. Something that's not to my true self, or something that is to my true self. If it's something that's not to my true self, I will most likely write down something similar to what I wrote above. If it's something to my true self... well... let's leave that to be a mystery and no such tragedy will ever occur in your life.
Merun

Post by Merun »

I feel like part of this was destined to me. Plan to ignored, but here I'm posting, so I will just say that you are misunderstanding what I said, though that's the way I intended by staying cryptic. I don't plan to say more; these are my own issues.
Merun @ Twitter
yuna

Post by yuna »

Thanks Quenlin and Tensa. I appreciate it.

Oh, and Tensa, I wasn't telling you to pray or anything, but it would be nice if you could. Just saying a few words is all I'm asking, and it doesn't have to be to a god or goddesses, just a kind thought to yourself is enough. Hope I'm not making this worse.
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

@ Merun: If you're talking about what I wrote, you're mistaking. It's all towards Yuni-chii.

@ Yuna: Well fine by me, but I will still think hard about my religious pov. You may say that you inspired me, but you didn't do anything bad. I reached such a question. I'm going to answer it myself. It ain't bothersome really. It's quite exciting if I may say so. I like to think a lot about such things. Though even before I wrote that, it was kind of complicated for me anyway. Some might know, but there are two places that makes people a philosopher. First is a seat from any transporation vehicle. Bus, tramway etc. Of course, it'll happen only if you're alone and ONLY if you don't Tweet or FB or whatevever. Just put your headphones on. Play your favorite song, and look outside the window as you go. And the second is the toilet. It may be funny, but it's quite true.

Now then, tomorrow in the afternoon (my afternoon) there will be a little prayer on a paper, that will be put on a tree. I shall recite the prayer while looking at the tree. A tree is quite a wonderful life. If you think about it, a tree under favorable conditions, can live for eternity. I find the trees as being full of life. That is why I believe it's the best place to recite the prayer. In front of a tree. If you think I'm weird anyway, I don't really mind. I have my own views, you have your own views.
Now if anyone thinks "Why bother with something like that? Just say something out loud.", it's because of respect towards Ashley.

Ah... and here I wanted to make this post short. Well. This is what writing what's on your mind is, I guess.
yuna

Post by yuna »

Aww, thank you Tensa, that made a tear in my eye.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Third place you forgot: bed, before sleeping when you can't sleep.
Merun @ Twitter
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

We have storms in our area and my wife is crying because of it. We may go to her sisters house because they have a storm shelter. Our weak apartment doesn't stand a chance if anything were to happen. I don't trust weather Men. They said it wasn't going to get that ugly, just heavy rain. Twisters and bad flooding. It's scary outside. If anyone lives in the Texas/Oklahoma region, stay safe.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

God damn it Aizawa :/ Give me that weather! Grrr!
Well don't say I wouldn't want it. Believe me, I want it. The entire city zone I'm living in didn't have a flood for .. I don't know, before I was born and no storms for yeeeeaaaaarrrrsssssss.... well every house and building around here are stone made, so they'll resist. Made out of bricks, stone, whatever.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

You can have it. I don't mind rain, but I dislike tornado sirens going off every other second. It's loud and annoying. I don't know anything about weather, but the weather man said it's going to get worse today than last night, so me and her are packing a bag and going to her sister's house for the night.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Merun

Post by Merun »

Warning, I'm going to vent a bit...If you read my topic in the suggestion forum, you would be aware that I'm working on a website for a college project.

Fact is, I'm getting pretty tired, because, once again, I'm a one man team.

2 years ago, at another college, I had an iPhone game project, scaled for 3 persons for 2 weeks. In the end we were only 2 to do. I coded 95% of the game, but I'm not much complaining about my teammate, because he did help with the report, presentation, visual/sound effect, and showed support.

Last year, another project with a robot, group of 2, 100% of the code is me, 50% of the report is from me, the other 50% were fully corrected by me...

Now, I'm handling a search module for a website, 3 persons including me ( other teammate are on other module ). Both aren't native French, so it's pretty hard to explain to one of them. But at the very least, what I give to him his done in one way or another.

The other person in my ground… I spent 4 hours setting up a development environment, in vain. The computer's Windows is simply, busted ( including the keyboard which has some key which simply doesn't work ).
Then, as we are developing, I handed out different task, I prepared most of the logic ( think of cooking recipe ), which just needed to be applied to write the code. But I had to remain behind her because she would ask question every minutes.

Then as a test ( you may not realize but I often test people, even on Shuu xD ), I gave a very simple task for a developer ( 4th year of engineering in my case ). Take this sentence "action,rts,fps". I just want a PHP function which split this into separate words, using the comma as a separator. HALF AN HOUR GOD******, before asking me for advice. In 5 minutes if not less, after 3 Google search, I had the function…

Now for tomorrow, I wanted the result of the search displayed in a table. Well, I got the table, but it wasn't generated in PHP and was just a simple HTML file ( think of having an empty search result on Shuu ). Let me say that this is one of the most basic stuff student learn in PHP and is almost the first lesson if not the first. Myself I could do it in a just a few minutes, but I had to give out some task, just to be fair. Considering the level, I decided to go with this VERY easy task, but I had redo pretty much all the job. Even if it takes an handful of minutes for me to do it, I feel like I'm getting dragged down.

Worst is I'm sharing credits over this work, especially since I have already spent over 12 hours of my free time to get this module running like it should, and they must have spent like, 1 hour maximum, considering what I have given out, not that I can give complicated task... Sadly, I'm the patient type, and quite stoic but since I'm posting here, I guess my patience is running out, and that's not good.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

You have to share a grade for it?
That is such crap. 8(
私は悪魔です。
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

I just finished Shakugan no Shana, season 3.

... Spoilers. Highlight to view content.

I confess. The ending as happy as it was, put me to tears. Happy ones of course. But it felt a bit awkward. Existing, yet nonexistent. The new world was barely presented. If at all.

The plot in general was good. Everybody wins, yet no one actually wins. Because it's not about winning or losing. It's simply wishing. And a God making the wishes true. But something just caught me. It's like... I enjoyed the "bad" side more than the "good side". It's... yes. Yuji's philosophy. I don't want to boast or anything, but we're pretty much the same. Yuji and I. Only that he is more of a human than I.

Truth be told, I hoped that the God of Creation and Yuji would win against "the good". And it kind of happened like that. Except, as I said/typed before, there was no winner and loser.

Something else that surprised me was Johan and Pheles. I kind of expect Kazumi to use that thing Pheles gave her. But I expect another ending at first (only after I thought of the possibilities for an ending with that item, came the wish for the "bad" to win over the "good"). I really didn't expect Johan to come out like that. And the most surprising thing was... well ... their love... and their child. This kind of shocked me. But oh well. Hope for the anime world restored? I don't know.

Also, a romantic ending for Satou and Margery. Well I kind of expected some romantic ending there. But that was... out of my imagination. I enjoyed this a lot.

But seriously, I did not expect such a plot for an anime. The entire season 3 surprised me.

Well aside from that, I have no idea what to write.