How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
RockRabbit

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by RockRabbit »

uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~ ;A;
I reinstalled my computer, but somehow instead of just chaning my old system from 32bit to 64 bit and keeping my disk D untouched,
I now have my C with 64 bit windows and my old one went to disk D, deleting everything, that was there...
I had a lot of precious things there, that I have been keeping for years... thinks I can't have back now ;_____;
I cried a little, then scolded myself for crying over silly things, but still, there were really important things there... I wish I could turn back time just a bit.... *sigh*
; _ ;
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

ouch... don't touch your drive d: and get some data recovery software usa-chii. You may still be able to recover some stuff.
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Did you try to triforce?

/shot /killed /dead

OK OK! Was only kidding ^^' ... but yeah I know the feeling Usa-chii... I just hate my PC as well. Though incidentally my data from D: hasn't been delete for 4 years now.
Merun

Post by Merun »

From what you have written, it seems like you installed your 64bit OS on the D: partition of your previous system. So, all your data are on your current C:, so if you have to run a file recovery software, do it on the C, but I fear the worst considering that it's also your system...

So to fix Eva's advice, don't touch your C: drive... except the best way not to touch it is not boot on your 64bit OS.
Merun @ Twitter
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Well, I'm trying a program atm and I got back just a teeny-tiny bit of my drawings back...
But that's not something from the things I actually want back... *sigh*
I'm currently checking disk C...
I'm not sure why things went that way... D was my larger partition, so I formatted C - the smaller one.. yet this happened @n@;

I do wish I could control time now ;n;
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

I would recommend EasyRecovery by ontrack, or R-Studio. But those are pay software so you either have to pay for it, or get the piratebay edition.

If you want a free solution, I would recommend TestDisk (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk)

It is a powerful tool, but it does require quite a bit of knowledge on how to use it properly.
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Wow, I haven't read the thread in a while, and I can see there is plenty of stuff goiong on...

@Rock: Congratulations on your new job! I couldn't work 10 hours a day with kids, but looks like you're going to have plenty of fun...

@Sasayaki: What kind of painkillers are that? As you describe it sounds like morphine, you should be really careful with that stuff. How it's his finger?

@Rock again: give it a go, what can possibly go wrong? Run a background check to make sure it's not a psycho or a convicted stalker tho, just in case :P

@Aizawa: Man, you never cease to surprise me. Believe me, if you are clean now, you've passed 99% of the problem. I've seen similar cases when I helped in a detoxing unit in a junkie camp outside my city for couple of days. Well, similar is a way of speaking, they were really more screwed up than you can possibly imagine. Some of them were sacks of flesh and bones living completely out of the world having more than six fixes every day. If you have passed that, or any severe addiction, believe me, you can pass anything (And you have my congratulations and my respect, I know it takes an insane amount of work and effort).

Yours is possibly a small side effect not of the drugs, but of what you have lived until now. Seek a good psychologist (A good one, albeit they are hard to find) and talk about your problem, that should help you. If you want my opinion, you sound like a nice person and you should be fine.

@Rock once again: That's a pity, I've over 500Gb of photographs in a single hard drive because I can't afford a decent raid5 setup and it must be terrible to lose all you have there... It happened to me once, but i hadn't much, so it wasn't a terrible lose...

Edit: Oh I forgot, I just came here to tell I made bread yesterday and that it is the best thing I've ever eaten.

http://i.imgur.com/Cdb50.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fqYyj.jpg
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Tensa, the letter has arrived >u<
But I will get it sometime next week when my mom sends me my work documents ;v;''
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

pffft XD Tell her not to open it! xD

wait... OMG IT DID?! It's a miracle!!! \o/
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

It's personal, so she won't open it;
and even if she did, she doesn't understand english so...

<,< unless you posted something dirty...........................did you? o_o
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

No, but.... oh nvm you'll see it xD And it ain't serious, just so you know xD It's not as if you won't realize tho xD

Anyway, HOORAY! \o/ NOT! Today I had school orz .... Saturday! And all we (three) did was discuss with the teacher. Please stop forcing your opinions on us... we ain't you. We are very indifferent and don't give a damn about what you do give a damn.
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

I'm trying to save some of the pictures I took this week. The thing is I went with guys I know (My landlord, his girlfriend and couple of her friends) and they were hurrying everywhere even if we were en the middle of nowhere and had nothing to do (This big city people... *tsk*)

Anyway, I took this picture in a hurry as I said (about 3 minutes including gear set-up and tests), with half of my equipment broken or out of battery (It was a hard day), and with a random lady that passed around there holding one of the strobes, which had one of my dirty socks on it as diffuser because I wasn't carrying anything else to use. Considering everything, I think it came out not that horrible and I'm improving. Too bad I don't have much chances to practise, everyone urges you to take a neat photo for their facebook but they get lazy or pass when I tell them I have to spend five minutes installing all the stuff and doing some illumination and colour tests...

Loarre by Achifaifa, on Flickr
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

6 months exactly. Due August 1st.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

23rd birthday tomorrow. Yay.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Happy birthday!
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?