How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Nana-chan

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Nana-chan »

Hey Hey! Don't look at me I haven't forced anyone in a maid uniform today!

And Niney you aren't in a maid uniform. . . yet ;3
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Well, here's the album I put up for my Kawa Kon pictures, but here are a few of my favorites:

A Sesshoumaru in dog form, which looked like it was a huge pain to wear

For Lily:

Note Uryu XD

These two triggered my take-it-home-mode.
>w> What? I'll take good care of them...

Fhant! Why didn't you tell me you were going?! We coulda hung out...

Those were just a few of my favorite pictures... I'll do a full review of my weekend on my new blog. It'll be the first post since I created a new one a couple weeks ago. XD
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

wrexness wrote:Fhant! Why didn't you tell me you were going?! We coulda hung out...
Covert op Wrex, I had intel on some guy who took little girls home with Aerith...
[Signature space. $10]
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

Awesome Pictures Wrex. Loved the two girls cosplaying as Satoko and Rena.

My day was rather exhausting today. For some reason after three day weekends life seems so busy probably because I never do anything I am suppose to do during the weekends and then have to rush there rest of the week lol. I haven't gotten anything done. ^^;

Hmm though over the weekend I watched a Japanese Horror Movie called the Suicide Club. For some reason I feel in the mood to watch/purchase some Japanese Horror Movies despite how fidgety I get while watching horror movies. Then usually have a rough time getting to sleep. XD
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Here's my rundown of the con. Also, see the goodies thread for my new figure. *_*
canis

Post by canis »

Wow, I just got a part time job offer for teaching people how to use PCs. o_O
I applied there like 8 months ago, I didn't expect them to call me after such a long time.

But the thing is: The woman on the phone didn't really know much about pcs and couldn't tell me just WHAT exactly I have to teach. She just asked "How good is your pc knowlegde?". That is the typical question of someone who thinks that a web designer is also a hardware pro, or every programmer is wonders in graphic programms like photoshop.
I asked her what specific pc knowlegde they need and she just said something like "Well... all that pc stuff... like emails... scanning pictures... edit photos... and text programs... and such..."
I assume it is a basic course to teach absolute beginners not to strangle themselves with the mousewire (assuming they still have wired mouses there).

That sounds easy enough, but there is one dark shadow hovering over this all: They use Vista. I never used Vista.
I wonder if it is hard to just quickly learn the basics of it. And inside the programs (like photoshop) itself, it doesn't make a difference if I use Vista or XP, so I hope this will work out. ^^'
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

canis wrote:That sounds easy enough, but there is one dark shadow hovering over this all: They use Vista. I never used Vista.
I wonder if it is hard to just quickly learn the basics of it. And inside the programs (like photoshop) itself, it doesn't make a difference if I use Vista or XP, so I hope this will work out. ^^'
Well canis-dear, I wouldn't worry too much. Vista itself moves things around, but most of the XP functionality is there somewhere and can be re-found using a quick Google search. And this is especially true for absolute newbs who don't even consider an OS a separate program from the computer itself. They're not likely to need to be able to perform any sophisticated functions in all likelihood, so you you should be fine. ^^

Office 2007, on the other hand, yuck. >.</
MBF

Post by MBF »

wrexness wrote:Office 2007, on the other hand, yuck. >.</
Indeed. It looks like they redid the whole UI to make it easy for idiots to use.
Feel Free to add me to MSN, but leave your E-Shuu^2 SN on so I know who you are.
canis

Post by canis »

MBF wrote:
wrexness wrote:Office 2007, on the other hand, yuck. >.</
Indeed. It looks like they redid the whole UI to make it easy for idiots to use.
Oh yeah, I think she mentioned office 2007 too. (or can I assume that vista comes with it and it would be unlikely if they had an older office version?)

Oh well, if this doesn't work it's also nothing to cry about. I didn't expect them to call me again anyway and right now I'm not in desperate need of a part time job, but the money would surely be nice for my one year japan stay in a bit more than a year. ^^
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Going to Japan? Nice! ^^ Take me with you! O-ne-ga-i~

Vista doesn't come with Office 2007 by default, it's a software to be purchased and installed separately (though some desktop/laptop vendors may bundle it).

Office 2007 is vastly different compared to the previous version in the sense as MBF indicates, the UI is completely different and takes some getting used to. They packed the most used functions together in large, easily accessible items, so for people using the basic functions, it'll be easier to use. (Once you need a less used option, start digging...)
One tip already, the round Office logo on the upper left of the window is actually a button offering access to functions like print, save ... (may sound silly to mention it but I've seen people looking over half an hour for the print button)
canis

Post by canis »

I will remember your advice. ^^

She said I should drop by on monday and see if I'm able to use it. I would feel more comfortable if I tried it at a friends place first, instead in front of my future boss, but oh well... if it doesn't work it's ok and if it does, it's also good. ;)

Went to Düsseldorf today. Düsseldorf is a German town with a large amount of japanese, therefore they have some good bookstores (of course also with japanese manga), bakeries and other stores.
Just had a green tea melon pan... oishiiii! ^.^
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Smithy wrote:One tip already, the round Office logo on the upper left of the window is actually a button offering access to functions like print, save ... (may sound silly to mention it but I've seen people looking over half an hour for the print button)
This is true, my first time using it I spent about 10 minutes looking for the File menu before just randomly deciding to click on the flashing Office logo. ^^;
canis

Post by canis »

Two good news, one bad:

Good1: I got that part time job!
Good2: The secretary was wrong and they use XP not Vista!
Bad: They still couldn't tell me WHAT I have to teach... I don't have a class but only one student. But the secretary couldn't tell me if she has some experience and what exactly she wants to learn... though it can't be much cause they don't have ANY decent programs in that school... Office XP and Coral Draw, that's it. Ö_Ö Too bad I would have loved to teach photoshop...
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Ah, so maybe they recently upgraded back to XP. XD

Anyway, much congrats, glad to hear it. ^^
V_Phantom

February 28th, 2009: Best Day Ever!!

Post by V_Phantom »

Well, maybe the best day is yet to come, but the last Saturday was a day I'll never forget.

How you possibly forget something as awesome as being on a Iron Maiden's concert?! Friggin' Epic Victory doesn't come near to describe it. I wonder how could I pass the metal detector at the airport with so high levels of Heavy Metal running through my veins.

People close to me still wonder how someone that could be considered almost a Saint ( :oops: I'm not THAT good, really) can possibly like Metal so that much. It's not that hard to understand, it's all about energy and passion beyond limits, a spark of life that ignites your mind and spirit!

http://www.lastfm.es/event/831162