How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
boele

Post by boele »

france.. i went to paris once when i was little.. like to go there again.. can't realy remember it ...

and well for me.. i am just downloading some Final Fantasy OST so that's it realy for me and trying to work on my banner but without succes -_-
sakurachi2004

Post by sakurachi2004 »

poor Merun hope you find a free access point
always have fun and never ever feel down beause shuushuu is always there.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

canis wrote:But isn't what you describe almost standard for all jobs nowadays? I mean that they don't want to pay too many people so that each worker has to work even harder, and of course even among this not-enough-workers-anyway are slackers, they are everywhere.
Unfortunately it is canis... a very sad truth.
So either I stop caring and start slacking myself (which isn't in my character so I work hard and end up being the mule), stop searching for the 'perfect' job/company seeing such do not exist anyway or maybe seek a change of career/job type. Not sure yet.
As one of the people in the immediate team had his last day today I asked the management if they were planning on re-inforcing the team, hinting that I had no intention to stay if we would constantly be overworked and overstressed.
canis

Post by canis »

Smithy wrote:So either I stop caring and start slacking myself (which isn't in my character so I work hard and end up being the mule), stop searching for the 'perfect' job/company seeing such do not exist anyway or maybe seek a change of career/job type. Not sure yet.
I didn't want to take you all your hopes. I know MOST jobs are not the nicest ones but that doesn't mean that you have to give up. There are still companies with good management that makes the workers happy. It's just quite rare.

I don't know myself yet what I would imagine the perfect job for me to be. I cannot imagine to stay my whole life at one and the same company anyway so I would also try out as much as I can as long as I'm young and my chances finding new jobs aren't too bad.
I think you are also much to young to give up yet.
From how you are in the forums I think you are a smart and responsible (and probably also capable in the kind of work you do).
Not that you have to quit your new job right away again, just stay there for abit longer, see if something can be done about the not satisfying situation and if it's not possible to make it better you can always look for something new again.

Once you are over 40 and your knowledge is pretty much outdated, you shouldn't risk changing jobs all the time anymore. But you are far away from that. You shouldn't be so desperate to be others mule or to turn into a slacker yourself.

...I sure typed alot. And I didn't even start talking about MY day yet. XD

Today was my last day at my part time job. Since I'm doing school now and they needed me to work in the mornings which overlaps with my classes I had to quit. I just worked there until the end of this months in the afternoons to get rid of my minus hours. It was a very nice last day.
The work wasn't too much (sometimes too much new items arrive and I just can't finish putting it away in time) and I had mostly really nice costumers, not some unfriendly idiots who yell at me because they left their brain at home... >_>
Today we also had alot of foreign costumers, especially english speaking. I have no idea why, but I liked the fact that I could kinda show off my english. ;P Not that it is perfect but my other coworkers are abit older and from a generation where you didn't really need to learn any english in school so they kept calling me over when they had a costumer who spoke english. ^^
Then there was this french costumer and my big head about being good in english got cured with reminding me that my french sucks. T_T

Still a very nice day. I also told the boss when I said goodbye that whenever they need someone for afternoon or weekend shifts they can always ask me again and he said he would be glad if I could work in this shop again. T_T I feel so proud. In none of my previous part time jobs I was praised that much as in this one.

(lol I assume no one bothered to read the whole post... just felt like posting my little novel anyway :P)
topzter

Post by topzter »

4days of once in a while on my first day of day off sleep havent been getting much for the past weeks already XD after that i might finish chuu
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

It's ok.Today I'll finish watching Rozen Maiden Traumend.And the download of all Touhou games finish!! \o///
And I'll play RPG with my friends ^^
sakurachi2004

Post by sakurachi2004 »

I have got the nintendo wii and now viewing shuushuu using it is very weird just typing this taking forever.
always have fun and never ever feel down beause shuushuu is always there.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

canis wrote:I don't know myself yet what I would imagine the perfect job for me to be.
I can relate to that, I've been working for nearly 10 years now and I'm not really sure IT/helpdesk is what I want to be doing as a carreer.
People that have a clear passion, a calling or profesional goal are lucky in that aspect.

Great though that your parttime job was rewarding in that they were so pleased with your performance. Getting appreciation and praise when it's deserved/due does a lot for motivation and worker happiness (well for me anyway).

In a sense part of the 'problem' I face is me, my character and how I view my work and the ethics surrounding it. That doesn't always mesh well with today's climate, companies and how so many people go about it.
So I also need to work on bettering myself in a sense, to stress less, care less... but that's also sad, since I personally believe good work ethics should be the standard and good/hard working people rewarded.
Still the general atmosphere, company and such are a vast improvement compared to where I used to be. Today the manager talked to me and stated they were interested in me on the long term, that they were planning to 'buy me over' from my current company (I'm outsourced to them) after a year if I was also interested in staying with them. I am interested in long term projects so that's good, but I do not want to end up in an overworked/understaffed environment again.

Maybe I just need a holiday... (only took 3 days off so far this year).
canis

Post by canis »

Maybe it's abit early already gossiping this around but since it happened today I guess I also post it today.

I just broke up with my bf... as some of you might remember, I had a distant relationship with someone from the US who was also here to visit me for almost 3 months. But after this long time him staying here I had really big doubts and decided some days ago that I can't endure this relationship anymore. I didn't post it because I'm still not sure if my bf might not sometimes check this forum to see what I'm posting... and I wanted to rather tell him instead of having him find it out.

I was sure he wouldn't accept it at all and if he would that he would cut all ties with me. But after some hours discussing he said he is fine with a sibling-like relationship. I wonder if this will work, but I hope it does. This all is already messed up enough anyway. x_x

I know this post doesn't describe much, and it's 1. too hard to explain everything and 2. also abit personal, but I still felt like at least mentioning it.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I'm sorry to hear that, Canis. It must be pretty hard on you. I hope it'll turn alright for you ^^
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

Well.I had play RPG with my friends.I'm a ninja.We are on a tournament and it's in team.Me and my friend vs a archer elf not elf (don't ask me why u.u') and a girl.
The archer give me a punch and I lost 11 life points,I have 15 and I stay with 4 >.<'''Me and my friend fight fight,so I decided to kill the girl cuting her neck:
Master: "Just if you got 20 in the dice"
Myu: "Ok! *trow the dice* OH YEAH BABY!!20!!!"
Master: "No!!That's can't be!....ok...you kill the girl"
Myu: "BOAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA!!!"

Was a nice day XD
canis

Post by canis »

AngelLily wrote:I'm sorry to hear that, Canis. It must be pretty hard on you. I hope it'll turn alright for you ^^
Thanks, but I admit that I feel also pretty relieved of alot of stress now.
I hope that at least our "let's have a sibling like relationship" works out better then our lovers relationship which made me feel trapped.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Aww, sorry to hear that canis, matters of the heart are never easy but try to hang in there and keep your spirits up.
canis

Post by canis »

Thank you.

Gah, I didn't even want to drag too much personal stuff here but I feel like telling somebody and I don't want to call my friends up since it's abit late here.

I just chatted again with my now ex-bf and the sibling thing is already forgotten. =_= That was quick.
He asked me like 100 times to start over again... I kept saying no, and I really really mean it. There were some things going wrong that are really just too personal to post here, but I assure you they were choking me and I felt just so relieved and free when I decided to break up that NOTHING will make me try this again.
Of course it still makes it harder to stay with my "no" when he cries and says please over and over. This was my first relationship so it's also my first time having to end one.
He keeps saying it's not over for him and that he can't imagine to be with someone else. I cannot feel flattered by that though and just think he talked himself into all this and now he doesn't want to let go.

I really hope he will understand it's over... He called me a coward for not breaking up while he was still here in germany but honestly I was afraid because he went on rampages over SMALL things already while he was here. I was afraid to tell him while he was here in my appartement.
But even with him being back in america, I can imagine him getting a plane ticket and just comming here again, suddenly being in front of my door. x_x
I just wish he could understand it's over. But since he already treated me like his property during the relationship it must be impossible to comprehend that I "this item of his" wants to leave him. =/

No matter how much I defended our "internet" relationship once (since it also just started in a forum and all) I really wish I wouldn't have called it a real relationship BEFORE spending this last 3 months together in real life and learning that we just don't match. The fact that we called ourselves a couple for one and a half years gave him all this hopes that this will last for a lifetime, but when I look back, and compare the "internet-him" and the "real life him" they just are so different. I should have never gone beyond friendship before meeting him in real life.

Sorry for posting this kind of stuff again. I really don't like to post all this personal stuff, but I somehow just feel like it helps to do so.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

No reason to feel ashamed canis, do whatever helps you get over the heartache and pain, even if it includes just getting it out in the open. Whatever you get 'out' won't stay and rot inside, so if posting it anywhere helps you, feel free to do so.
If you followed your heart and did what you feel was best for youself do not regret your choice. Sure it isn't pleasant and hurts but in the long run it will be for the best as it does sound you feel better and are better of now.

Sure he may not want to accept your choice now but with time he will, or he will forget, give up,... Such things can take time. But if it's someone you feel treated you as a possession you may be indeed better off.
It is true, people often can be different online compared to irl, and the setting is different too. Even irl, dating and living together daily can change a great deal or make one get a whole new perspective.

Of course, it's different for me, irl i'm a pure and sekushii goddess too... yeah, right. j/k :P