How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
wrexness

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by wrexness »

Took me 20 years, but I finally beat the first TMNT game from the NES. XD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mu ... ideo_game)
kawaii-star

Post by kawaii-star »

Back from a whole weekend attending Anime Expo 2009. Pretty tiring but had plenty of fun and stuff to buy. I may post my merchandise later.
MBF

Post by MBF »

I'm happy with the swag I got this year from AX09 and I'll upload the pics of the stuff I got later, but what you expect from a large con that has things going on 24 hours a day during the con, kawaii?
Feel Free to add me to MSN, but leave your E-Shuu^2 SN on so I know who you are.
canis

Post by canis »

Grrr... I'm too nice... >_>

Today someone asked me to assist him in a japanese presentation tomorrow, by reading a japanese dialog out loud. It is about female language, that's why he wants a female (me) to read it instead of himself.

So first, I have only time until tomorrow to prepare. It isn't much text, but my reading skills, especially being nervous in front of 60 people is just plain bad.
He sent it to me this evening and wrote "I hope you can open the text format, bye", but well I couldn't open the format and wrote him a message where I explained how he can save it differetnly but I he didn't reply to my message. He was aware that there was a chance that I couldn't open it but doesn't bother to check his emails for a possible reply of me that says it doesn't work?

And since I'm a saint, I took the time to find out how to open it and downloaded the program to do so. The dialog is indeed short but there are hardly any furigana and even though I don't speak much japanese yet, I can't help but to think the text is full of errors. =/ So I don't know if I should "practise" this text now, since I don't want to memorize errors.
I don't like careless people, especially when you are doing them a favor and they still so sloppy with it.

If anyone who speaks advanced japanese could take a look on this and tell me if it is correct, it would be great. ^^ Please don't mind the german in between the lines, it's just the translation.

M: ちょっとこっち行けたっけ
Ich frage mich ob wir diesen Weg nehmen können...
C: 木の音がすごうく。
Die Geräusche der Bäume waren wirklich schrecklich
M: あ、やっべえ、これ右しか行けないわ
Oh verdammt, man kann nur hier links gehen.
E: あ 本当だ
Oh, wirklich?
M: あらあらあらあら
Eieieiei.
E: みんな一方通行に なっちゃって
ipoo-tsuukoo
Sie werden alle zur Einbahnstraße.
M: こっち 入りたくないんだよな
Ich will hier nicht rein gehen.
E: あら、ずっとだわ
Oh, alle sind so.
C: ここんとこずっとそうなんですよ、道が
Die Straßen hier sind alle so.
E: あ そうなんだよね
Ja, so ist es, nicht?
M: 裏行きたいのよね、裏を
ura
Ich will den Rückweg nehmen, den Rückweg...
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

canis wrote:If anyone who speaks advanced japanese could take a look on this and tell me if it is correct, it would be great. ^^
Putting aside advanced Japanese, take a look at page 219 here:
http://books.google.com/books?id=KtJAx4 ... ry_r&cad=0

Should be of some use. ^^
Yuka-Chan

Post by Yuka-Chan »

mehh.. so yeah I'm sick
yesterday I ate too much and my belly started to hurt and i felt like throwing up
at first I went to bed at 9pm and I thought it was nothing serious
then untill 3am i couldnt sleep because i felt so bad and had to throw up all the time
I didnt have a nice sleep at all, and I'm still feeling kind of bad but better than yesterday
i have headache and my belly hurts since when you have no water and try to throw your muscals get tight or something bleh :cry:
‎A moment of beauty Still it remains only a memory
A stunning artifact of the past The one, the true, the last
Did I have to trust you?
Truly and madly and blindly
canis

Post by canis »

Fuwari wrote:
canis wrote:If anyone who speaks advanced japanese could take a look on this and tell me if it is correct, it would be great. ^^
Putting aside advanced Japanese, take a look at page 219 here:
http://books.google.com/books?id=KtJAx4 ... ry_r&cad=0

Should be of some use. ^^

Ah thank you so much! That really helps!!
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

I PASSED THIS YEAR'S EXAMS! ♥
And since this was the hardest year, next year will be the time for perfecting my current skills and learning all that I can!
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Oni

Post by Oni »

Not very well...I shattered one of my teeth beyond repair, and the bits were shredding my tongue, and I couldn't eat...The earliest I can go to the dentist is Monday morning, so I had to take drastic action with a pair of pliers...

Ugh
RP Status;
Alys - Changing, evolving
Rein - Uncertain
Nana - Convalescing, uncertain.
MBF

Post by MBF »

Oni wrote:Not very well...I shattered one of my teeth beyond repair, and the bits were shredding my tongue, and I couldn't eat...The earliest I can go to the dentist is Monday morning, so I had to take drastic action with a pair of pliers...
I'm just cringing at the thought of pulling out a tooth with a pair of pliers with nothing to dull the pain.
Feel Free to add me to MSN, but leave your E-Shuu^2 SN on so I know who you are.
Oni

Post by Oni »

MBF wrote:
Oni wrote:Not very well...I shattered one of my teeth beyond repair, and the bits were shredding my tongue, and I couldn't eat...The earliest I can go to the dentist is Monday morning, so I had to take drastic action with a pair of pliers...
I'm just cringing at the thought of pulling out a tooth with a pair of pliers with nothing to dull the pain.
Take it nice and slow, get a good grip, and when it feels like it won't come out...

...Pull very, very hard! >.<;
RP Status;
Rein - Uncertain
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

That sounds really horrible, was there no dentist at all available for emergencies? Or a hospital that could help by filing it down, put on a temporary disinfecting wad,...
canis

Post by canis »

Ugh
Oh no, that sounds so bad! I'm sorry to hear that! X_X
I couldn't have done it...
I praise the bravery, but I wonder if it really was best to remove it... dentists can fix alot these days...
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

I just woke up because i can't sleep (6:20 AM here), and I don't know what to do >_<

somebody needs help with something? I really have nothing to do
Oni

Post by Oni »

canis wrote:

Ugh
Oh no, that sounds so bad! I'm sorry to hear that! X_X
I couldn't have done it...
I praise the bravery, but I wonder if it really was best to remove it... dentists can fix alot these days...
Sparing the more gruesome details, he couldn't have done anything with this one, the tooth had also split down the middle into the root, and that piece I took out couldn't have been saved....

And Smithy, remember, I don't live in the enlightened Greater EU, I live in that backwater called the UK...where thousands of dentists have left the trade, the ones that are left have mostly gone private, and in some cases, it's cheaper for people in this country to book flights to Europe for 2 weeks holiday and have full courses of treatments done there at the same time, than have an english dentist have his money grabbing way with his prey....I mean customers....and if I'd have gone to hospital, that since it was a non-emergency I'd probably have to wait anywhere up to 12 hours before anybody would see me.
RP Status;
Rein - Uncertain