How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Eclipse-chan

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Eclipse-chan »

My day is going by insanely. DX

I got stuck in a really bad part of the recent flooding. Southern Wisconsin. My family's basement was all flooded, up to a foot deep for the most part. We have some disgusting moldy boxes that I have no idea of my grandpa is gonna throw them out. (He's a packrat ^_^; ) Fortunately, when our basement was at it's worst, my uncle was able to come and pump all the water out and any more that rained in drained itself out through the shower drain. Right now our family's main worry is my grandpa. He's been working very hard non-stop and now he seems to have developed a limp when he walks.
The streets were completely flooded as well. Several cars got stalled in the water and had to be pushed into driveways or off to the side. The water was two feet away from my house and took over the better part of the driveway. During a lull between the two storms, we were able to relax and have a little fun. Some of our neighbors were playing the flooded streets and supersoaking cars driving by and people on bikes. During the storm, I was mostly excited than worried about anything, so I took it upon myself to take some photos. I'll post them here in the appropriate thread.
Today the water in our neighborhood has receded and when you look out on the streets it seems like the flooding never even happened. That is, until you see the water lines that stain the driveways and sidewalks. As far as I know, no one can get in or out of the city I live in since the damage is so bad.
Did anyone else get hit with bad storms??? How are you faring??
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

We haven't been hit (yet)...
"Roger, Hawk leader. Ten seconds to departure."
boele

Post by boele »

yesterday turkey won the a round in the EK of soccer..
when i came out of the trainstation to the city..
all turkisch people hunking and yelling they won xD

there were alot of them.. then they drove through the city..

like we did when holland won from france..
gotta love soccer :3
Temmy

Post by Temmy »

I haven't been sleeping properly these past few days because of playing MGS4.
I should stop playing so many video games.
I need to grow up. >>;

EDIT: Whaaaaat?! bakerP is retiring from Vocaloid? (-is about 6 days late because only has time to watch the ranking and not follow all the new songs on Nico-)
He/she was the only P of which I liked all of their songs. Hardcore Vocaloid fans will probably kill me over the fact that I didn't like Koi wa Sensou or World is Mine...
Now I'm really sad... ;_;
Many thanks to baker for making such awesome songs though.
Last edited by Temmy on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
kawaii-star

Post by kawaii-star »

There's no such thing as being too old to play video games >_>
Just try balancing it with other stuff...although i shouldn't be the one saying myself since i can't stop >_<.
I just gotta start doing some more school work earlier.
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

kawaii-star is right, don't let yourself get dragged down in what society thinks is childish. If you enjoy something, who cares what everyone else thinks! ^^
canis

Post by canis »

Girls are creepy. >_>
I *think* I'm having some kind of invisible girlie fight with a friend of mine, but I don't know for sure, cause many girls have the habit of just sowing some small hints and expect you to completely understand why they suddenly dislike you.
And the worst thing is: I'm a girl too, so I'm too girl-like to just go up to her and ask her WHY she either ignores me or gives weird and short answers to whatever I say. >_> *sulk*
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

*pets Canis* It's okay... you may be weird, but you make up for it by being cute. XD
canis

Post by canis »

Wrex called me weird! *criesandcriesevenmore*

j/k ;D I'm not THAT girlie.

I don't even like clichés like that, but it's a fact that I never had this kind of problems with my male buddies (at least not with the straight ones).
Even if it hurts when a friend tells you "I dislike you right now cause you did this and that!" I prefer that over friends who just suddenly seem weird and you have to guess from their silence just WHAT you did wrong. And the worst thing is that these friends that never tell you what you did wrong, usually have no problem telling OTHERS behind your back what you did wrong. And seeing how I post this here instead of telling her in person that her demeanor towards me annoys me, proves that I'm no better... T_T
Anyone has experience on how to tame sulking girls?
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Well, I was actually talking more about girls in general with the weird remark, but since you do fall into that category... XD

Anyway, it just seems like some people (more often girls than guys in my experience) get into a lot of drama. This is especially the case at my place of work. But I myself just tend to sort of go away and let the others rant about whatever they're going to rant about. I don't like to get involved in that kinda thing.
canis

Post by canis »

You are a wise man, wrex. *nods*

I got a new bookshelf today, since I recently just bought a mountain of manga (on ebay to relieve my exam stress x_x) and my old shelf was already packed.
Now I have both bookshelves facing each other with only one meter in between. When I stand between those shelves it's like:
"... haaa~~~ my own little library... *_*"
boele

Post by boele »

this weekend i had a big party in Amsterdam Rai..
alot of dutch music, dj's, booze and other things ^^..
then watched holland play but we lost from the russians..

o well.. to bad we lost.. damn >.>

and i just entered a contest in the netherlands by discovery channel to get a tatto ( with the word discovery in it ) by tatto legend Henk Schiffmacher..
even though i am only 17 and my mom says from 18.. i can get it by them from 16 years and older yeah xD...

i hope i win..
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I think sulky girls need time to get over themselves. Being a typical "I'll drop the hint and you better get it" girl myself, I've been on both sides, and I think that's a fact. She will get over herself and will either a) want to talk to you about it, b) just pretend you're not friends anymore or c) pretend nothing ever happened. I think the best approach is to question her yourself, canis.

Anyway, as for myself... I'm leaving tomorrow night on a small trip to visit my grandparents. No internet 'till Monday! Zetsuboushita T_T
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

I'll miss you Lily-sama~

For me, today was pretty boring at work... but then after that a bunch of people went to a local sports bar to hold a happy hour for one of our former co-workers (who currently works in Iraq as a contractor). Hadn't seen the guy in 6 months. ^^ He's just back on R&R for the time being, but still it was good to see a guy I worked with for nearly two years.

Long story short, one of my friends/co-workers got completely hammered as I stayed there for about 6 hours. XD I think the part about going out drinking that I most enjoy is just that: staying sober enough to remember what other people do when they're drunk. :3
canis

Post by canis »

Thanks for your advice (especially since you talk from experience I trust that it is as you say ^^). I guess c) will happen, but maybe I just talk to her about it if I get the chance to talk to her alone.

Being without internet is sure annoying, but try to see the good points about this trip to your grandparents: you get out of your all daily routine and your house. I don't know if you get along with your grandparents well or where they live (maybe at the countryside?), but I hope you enjoy whatever you do there. Just relax from all the stress you had recently. ;)