How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Merun

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Merun »

Bloomer? Pantsu? Loli? Seifuku? Smithy? Nekomimi? Mizugi? Nanako? Strike Witches? Imouto? Lucchini? Lynette? Yoshika? Big Daddy? Otou-san? Myu? Lily? Thigh Highs? Ma-ryan? School Bag? Louise? Ami? Erica? Mio? Gertrud? Anonymous? Sasara? Komaki? Haruhi? Harumi? Konomi? Rin? Manaka? DFC? Nanoha? Fate? Miku? Ren? Arisa? Suzuka?Vivio? Vita? Hayate? Nagi? Shana? Taiga? Iori? Yayoi? Kyou? Tamaki? Tomoyo? Chiaki? Usa mimi? Two piece?

Ok... All that comes to mind for now...
Merun @ Twitter
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Merun wrote:Smithy?
いやいやいや... that's a bit.... ^^;;
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

At least mine has a decent name!

Yuna...

And she van be equipped with Phoenix (400G Ex HDD) Hralsveagr (256MB USB stick) and Nirvana (4G Usb stick)
[Signature space. $10]
Merun

Post by Merun »

My computer is named Tenkai, the OS X partition is Hoshizora and the Windows XP is Aozora.

My cellphone used to be called Sekai ( well, it's dead now ^^; ).

I have 4 externals HDD, one is Ashe ( anime storage and very old backup of very old HDD ), other is Lilith ( it's the one with 200gb of picture ^^; ), and Rilia, maintenance HDD.

The iPod is named Haruka

As for the USB flash drive, 4GB is Konata, with the Konata phone strap, and a new one just popped with 2 partition, Fate, 4 GB in FAT32, Nanoha, in NTFS, and of course, a phone strap with these two in chibi drawn by Akane Ikegami
Merun @ Twitter
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

The shuushuu server is named 'Amu', home desktop is 'Skinny', home server is 'Spiff' (Spaceman Spiff). Have a few other machines scattered around: Sakura, Meroko, Megu, etc. I used to name drive mounts but I have too many to do that now.
e-shuushuu!
canis

Post by canis »

<3 Merun! So there are other people beside me who name just EVERYTHING! XD

My list is:

new pc: Kurogane
Partitions:
- Ciial: system
- Gemini: self-created stuff like AMVs, photo edits, fanart, ...
- Ivalice: games
- MuteCity: small files, university stuff, documents
- Nighmare: medium files (especially music and pictures)
- Sekai: big files, all downloads go first here and are later sorted to other places
- Fatastrer: the junky storeroom, for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere

*Ciial and Fatastrer are names from my own stories. Gemini is my zodiac, Ivalice is from Final Fantasy, MuteCity from F-Zero, Sekai from School Days

old pc (currently not being used): Niida (a name from FF8)
Partitions:
Skycastle (big files)
Midgard (small+medium files)
Crysta (system)

*Midgard: North mythology; Crysta: Terranigma, home of the hero

USB sticks:
blackmage: 128MB (yeah, old... :P)
Shana: black MP3 Player (for "outside" like bus/train rides) 516MB
Luise: white MP3 Player (for "at home" like during shores) 2GB

*I thought it would be nice to give my two mp3 players matching names: Shana from Shakugan no Shana (obviously), Luise from Zero no Tsukaima.
Oni

Post by Oni »

I tried once to name my IT stuff, but I found whenever I did so, something would always go wrong, and I'd have to rebuild. Now that I use random names, I've had no problems.

Names I've used;
Ayu T. (Video server, random name now)
Asuna K. (Download machine, dead now)
Rei A. (Games machine, random name now)
Chachamaru K. (Linux machine, dead now)
RP Status;
Alys - Changing, evolving
Rein - Uncertain
Nana - Convalescing, uncertain.
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Hrm... computer (and device) names, eh? My computer's name is currently 美空 (misora), my Xubuntu VM is 星空 (hoshizora). Considering I usually format and restart every now and then, I've also used 小雪 (koyuki), 夜空 (yozora), ユゴドラシル (yggdrasil) and 明子 (akiko).

My hard drives are named 皐月 (satsuki), 水無月 (minaduki), 神無月 (kannaduki), and 葉月 (haduki). My phone is named 舞 (mai), my old iPod is named 一瞬 (isshun), and I have a microSD card around here named 霜月 (shimotsuki)...
canis

Post by canis »

Ok, this may be simple and pathetic, but it makes me so happy that I have to post it: I can read it!

You know this notice that comes up when watching anime, about the lit room and the distance from the TV? Today I noticed that can READ IT!! XD I possess all Kanji used in this phrase.

テレビを見るときは、部屋を明るくして離れて見て下さい。

I remember times when all I could read was テレビ. Small things like this show me that I'm progressing in my studies! XD

Don't laugh! ... ok do laugh if you want, but I'm happy. :oops:
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Nice, your kanji knowledge has already surpassed mine, but you have Japanese class daily right?
canis

Post by canis »

Smithy wrote:Nice, your kanji knowledge has already surpassed mine, but you have Japanese class daily right?
Yes, it's my major, so we are expected to learn 350 Kanji per semester.

And I'm not sure if I "surpassed" you, cause the problem is that I seem to forget one old kanji when I learn a new one. x_x

I can write the complicated stuff like 織田・信長 (Oda Nobunaga), 新幹線 (Shinkansen) 第一次産業 (primary economy sector) but ALWAYS forget words like 行く, 分る, 周り, ... Our Sensei puts much importance on economy and political vocabulary and I spend all my energy in learning those, so that I forget the "daily" stuff.
I be might one day in Japan and see a car accident, but I lack the vocabulary to call for help, but I could probably discuss the financial situation of the government with the bystanders. XD

Well thanks to my private effort I also learn some "daily" words though, like playing the japanese game of school days. We don't learn words like 胸 in class...
Merun

Post by Merun »

Here is another extract from our project ( this is the fun bonus )

http://claritism.com/files/video/shooting.mp4
Merun @ Twitter
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

canis wrote:Well thanks to my private effort I also learn some "daily" words though, like playing the japanese game of school days. We don't learn words like 胸 in class...
Well, I'm sure if you studied with Smithy, it'd be the first kanji you learned. XD
(Though it's not exactly an uncommon word... kind of weird that you haven't learned it in class.)
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

canis wrote:I be might one day in Japan and see a car accident, but I lack the vocabulary to call for help, but I could probably discuss the financial situation of the government with the bystanders. XD
Random bystander: "OMG call an ambulance!!"
Canis: So... what do you think about the Japanese goverment?

Nah, don't worry Canis, I think you don't fprget those words, you just push them back to a subconcious level. If you can write it it's all goed... if not, you better start learning those words again.
[Signature space. $10]
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Hmm,..
Start of classes was suspended 'till next week due to a possible H1N1 threat. :lol:

So I'm left with nothing to do for a week,...
I need to find something to keep me busy, instead of just 'bumming around' ><;