How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
User avatar
Emii
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:28 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Emii » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:47 pm

I do the same too, Rabbit. I bust my butt trying to rip images from blogs that disallow downloading. It's irritating and tedious, but in the end I can't get upset about something that isn't mine. People will take credit for anything(I used to get so upset when people uploaded images from my tumblr to their blogs..but who am I to get mad? It's not mine! ><) so I learned to accept the thievery cycle. Wait! That sounds bad.. What I meant to say was, images you found and edited for image board purposes will always be taken by at least one person. It's something that's unavoidable and I came to accept. Ugh...I'm sure you heard all this before because I have and ugh....sorry.

My point is, I don't want you to be upset about some dumb policy 0chan has. It's not worth it and you should continue to contribute to image boards who'll appreciate the image and the uploader just as equally as they would to anyone and anything else.

*flips the bird to 0chan*
oops again

User avatar
RockRabbit
Posts: 2309
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 am
Location: Daten City
Contact:

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by RockRabbit » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:54 pm

Sara wrote:I wanted to delete my profile as well, but they ninja'd me and blocked me several times. :lol:

I have more than 7 accounts, haha.
tried deleting my account I:
apparently it's not possible.
sad.
they have several wallpapers made by me tho...i wonder if i should have them taken down XD
Emii wrote:I do the same too, Rabbit. I bust my butt trying to rip images from blogs that disallow downloading. It's irritating and tedious, but in the end I can't get upset about something that isn't mine. People will take credit for anything(I used to get so upset when people uploaded images from my tumblr to their blogs..but who am I to get mad? It's not mine! ><) so I learned to accept the thievery cycle. Wait! That sounds bad.. What I meant to say was, images you found and edited for image board purposes will always be taken by at least one person. It's something that's unavoidable and I came to accept. Ugh...I'm sure you heard all this before because I have and ugh....sorry.

My point is, I don't want you to be upset about some dumb policy 0chan has. It's not worth it and you should continue to contribute to image boards who'll appreciate the image and the uploader just as equally as they would to anyone and anything else.

*flips the bird to 0chan*
oops again
i knoooow, i knooooooooow u_u
but it's just so... UGH!
and I remember, yes...esp when you busted your butt for those super pretty retro-shoujo looking images by some artist that had their website and gallery deleted... and then everyone went insane over them, heh
but you're right. at least shuu is a nicer place and i should be happy i am part of >this< that is shuu and not..."that"...whatever that is XD and just...not bother and care...cuz you're right, in the end it's not actually my work..

thank you guys.. for listening to my rant and trying to reason with me ^^;
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Image
  • ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Emii
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:28 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Emii » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:01 pm

RockRabbit wrote: but it's just so... UGH!
and I remember, yes...esp when you busted your butt for those super pretty retro-shoujo looking images by some artist that had their website and gallery deleted... and then everyone went insane
OH MY GOD. OH MYYYYYYYYYYY GOD! I was SO upset and I still am with MYSELF because the artist deleted their existence from the internet. I was unable to track their art books too. I was the one who placed that artist in a difficult situation because not only did I take her work, but I also modified it.
She was one of my favorite artists, yet she's gone forever. I'm still trying my best to locate her art books so I can show her some support. Oh my God.....

User avatar
RockRabbit
Posts: 2309
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 am
Location: Daten City
Contact:

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by RockRabbit » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:27 pm

wait, i thought they deleted those works before you found them D;
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Image
  • ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Emii
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:28 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Emii » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:55 pm

RockRabbit wrote:wait, i thought they deleted those works before you found them D;
I found the artist's blog and saved her gallery before she deleted her blog. I don't know if she found out about my blog, or she just deleted because of her own reasons. I became very selfish, which made me refuse everyone who asked for her art, but now that I'm lenient about the artist's gallery, I don't mind sharing the originals with you. I have to dig up my old hard drive though >___>

Sara
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Sara » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Who that artist is, if I can ask?
Now I really got interested, I bet her art is magnificent.

User avatar
Emii
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:28 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Emii » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Sara wrote:Who that artist is, if I can ask?
Now I really got interested, I bet her art is magnificent.
It was a chinese artist. ;n;
__

Blog.naver blogs INFURIATE me so much! >:(
It's so difficult to save images ....

User avatar
Deia
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:50 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Deia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:55 pm

It went strangely normally...
I got a lot of homework, I got lost while returning home... I met some old classmates and I played volleyball.

It was strangely way to normal... (°∆°)
Imperfections are the perfections of every human being~

User avatar
Aizawa
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: In the heart of Juliet.

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Aizawa » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:24 pm

I need some advice, or something.

Two nights ago just about, I treated myself to a movie. On the way home, I was passing by a red light when someone ran it and slammed themselves on the side of my car. The passenger side. The damage was so bad that my engine was destroyed and it will cost a couple thousand dollars to fix some things.

However, the person on the scene had alcohol in their system and the police kept them over night for a D.W.I and said I could press chargers. My insurance company promised to see about it, but if I don't sue, I will be stuck with a bill that goes over 3k. [$3,000+]. I do work two jobs but even then, this is something I cannot afford to pay. We have an SUV but this was MY personal car. This is also the second wreck in three years.

I don't know what to do, and I'm not expecting Shuu to know either. I guess I just need to let it out. My car is totaled. It won't even turn on and the engine won't even rev. I'm so stressed out right now.
Image
These bad habits, they d i e too slow.

User avatar
Merun
Posts: 2897
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:44 am
Location: NoWheRe

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Merun » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:34 pm

Aizawa wrote:I need some advice, or something.

Two nights ago just about, I treated myself to a movie. On the way home, I was passing by a red light when someone ran it and slammed themselves on the side of my car. The passenger side. The damage was so bad that my engine was destroyed and it will cost a couple thousand dollars to fix some things.

However, the person on the scene had alcohol in their system and the police kept them over night for a D.W.I and said I could press chargers. My insurance company promised to see about it, but if I don't sue, I will be stuck with a bill that goes over 3k. [$3,000+]. I do work two jobs but even then, this is something I cannot afford to pay. We have an SUV but this was MY personal car. This is also the second wreck in three years.

I don't know what to do, and I'm not expecting Shuu to know either. I guess I just need to let it out. My car is totaled. It won't even turn on and the engine won't even rev. I'm so stressed out right now.
Here in France we would just settle with insurance as the other party would be recognised as being the one at fault. Legal system would also send him in jail/fine him.


Some news from me since the 6th of October. I had my leg in a splint for 2 months. Unable to move, I couldn't go to work either. It's only at the beginning of the year that I could finally walk again on my own 2 feet and go back to work. All the time I couldn't move was really, annoying. Daily injection, depending on others for every single little thing. I got the flu in november, gluing me to the bed even more than I was already. In short, it was mostly horrible

Only good thing which came from this is that it gave me time to participate in NaNoWriMo, and actually win. Moreover last saturday, I finished writing my novel with 74k words. I haven't started editing and should soon, as well as write another few story in a totally different genre, while continuing another novel... At the very least I do plan to make my NaNoWriMo project public after editing and get some feedback to improve it. I'm quite happy with the first half as it nails a certain tone and pace I wanted to have. Second half needs a bit more editing to keep these aspects.
Merun @ Twitter

User avatar
demon_turtle1028
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:10 pm
Location: United States

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by demon_turtle1028 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm sorry, Aizawa, but I have no idea what you should do :(

@ Merun. It sucks about your leg but it sounds like you turned it into a positive thing so maybe it sucked, but then it actually turned into a good thing. I hope you are more successful in your writing endeavors, but your writing seems to be good already.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya

User avatar
Fhant
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:31 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Fhant » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:15 am

It's like every time I want to write here, fate gives me a good reason to do so.

Let's start with the past, Since November I had a job where I have to commute from my home town to another town. A two hour trip on one way. All in all 4 hours in a train and bus.
So I don't mind because I had no job before that and I happily accepted pretty much anything in my skill field.

Until yesterday. I didn't mind having little to no time for myself, it was for a few months. But like I said, until yesterday. Budget cutbacks. They had to fire someone. Hi. Someone. I'm pretty much torn between going out in a fit of rage or just going to be lethargic and not show up at all.

But I have no work next month... so yeah....
[Signature space. $10]

User avatar
RockRabbit
Posts: 2309
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 am
Location: Daten City
Contact:

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by RockRabbit » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:02 am

Wow, that's really shitty :/
I'm sorry you lost your job, esp seeing as it was something you enjoyed.
You're in your full right to rage or to hide away, if you feel like it. I don't think anybody would judge you for that.
My only suggestion is that if you do go into lethargic mode, don't stay there for too long... start looking for the next job as soon as possible. I don't know how the job market is over there, but here it's kinda hard. And even if it isn't a problem to get a new job, it's never bad to start off early + it will keep your mind off other things.
I mean, lethargy can only do you good for a tiny bit.. at some point it becomes dangerously comfortable and that is not okay.
I know things don't look great right now, but you never know how many better opportunities this has unlocked for you, so just stay strong and positive and go get the next, much cooler and less tiring job ; v ;
*snuggles*
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Image
  • ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Fhant wrote:It's like every time I want to write here, fate gives me a good reason to do so.

Let's start with the past, Since November I had a job where I have to commute from my home town to another town. A two hour trip on one way. All in all 4 hours in a train and bus.
So I don't mind because I had no job before that and I happily accepted pretty much anything in my skill field.

Until yesterday. I didn't mind having little to no time for myself, it was for a few months. But like I said, until yesterday. Budget cutbacks. They had to fire someone. Hi. Someone. I'm pretty much torn between going out in a fit of rage or just going to be lethargic and not show up at all.

But I have no work next month... so yeah....
@Fhant: I would suggest trying out https://www.elance.com Fhant. Though if you will take on IT jobs, you will have a lot of competition from Indian freelancers as the place is just filled with them. You could try taking advantage of your english skills with translation jobs. Also, just because this is an online thing doesn't mean its easy. You will really have to work on your proposal and blast out proposals to multiple clients everyday to earn money.


Aizawa: I am not familiar with the laws in your area, or your circumstances Aizawa. But, you should check if
- The driver at fault has insurance
- how much coverage does that driver have
In general, the people who don't have insurance on their cars probably won't have money to pay you even if you sue them. Also insurance companies have very strict deadlines for uninsured/underinsured claims, so you have to act fast. Also the other party might just go with an out of court settlement (like they would agree to repair your car, or pay you 3k instead of going to court.) That would be ok, but just make sure they don't screw you over by...say sending your car to a repair shop of their choice for example (which might be to their advantage because of lower rates for them, etc). Just be careful with the terms of the settlement. If neither of you can agree on a settlement and still dont want to go to court.... you can try having both of you submit to a binding arbitration. Just be aware that in arbitration, the decision cannot usually be appealed if you think the verdict was unfair to you. You are stuck with the arbitration panel's decision.
So.... talk to your insurance company (because no one else will), and monitor their progress at the very least. There should be someone knowledgeable there that you can informally talk to, or at least maybe you have relatives or acquaintances who are more familiar with these things, try and talk to them.

User avatar
Merun
Posts: 2897
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:44 am
Location: NoWheRe

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Merun » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:26 pm

demon_turtle1028 wrote:I'm sorry, Aizawa, but I have no idea what you should do :(

@ Merun. It sucks about your leg but it sounds like you turned it into a positive thing so maybe it sucked, but then it actually turned into a good thing. I hope you are more successful in your writing endeavors, but your writing seems to be good already.
I would rather not have had an accident. I still can't crouch and I easily get tired from walking now, or a hard time to do some movement. Some pain from time to time as well...
Merun @ Twitter

Post Reply