Woot! New Goodies!

Other misc discussion
shawurai

Re: Woot! New Goodies!

Post by shawurai »

Thank you :)

Ah, I knew about Tsukiyono Chakai but getting that one is nearly impossible these days. As for Duel Dolls I knew something about that but not that there was ever a fanbook.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Tsukiyono Chakai can be bought… for 400$ ^^;. 5 years ago, it was just 40$ for me.
Merun @ Twitter
Merun

Post by Merun »

A very small loot.

In the first place I placed it in order to get Fyra Varlden, and since there was like 3/4 of the total price being shipping, I added something else. Sadly, I only noticed the Torii Sumi's doujinshi just after putting the order :(.

Oh well, I'm pretty satisfied since I have my lossless rip of Grad Erlija http://youtu.be/vfQWdjPikAs
This is certainly the best audio CD I have ever bought as all tracks are awesome ( it also comes with video and original digital illustration <3 )
Merun @ Twitter
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Just curious, where do you you get your loot? I normally get my wife's yaoi doujinshi from Yes Asia since the site is relatively cheap. As for me, users on Livejournal. Amazon.Jp, maybe? I envyf you. X[
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Merun

Post by Merun »

Neither. I go through a deputy service to get them on Yahoo Auction, and/or Toranoana and/or Melonbook primarily. Already 4 years I have been doing this.

For this look in particular, I tried https://alice-books.com/
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

"Fullmetal Alchemist The Best" music collection, contains all opening and ending themes from both series and both movies, plus two bonus tracks: "Kanashimi no Kizu" by Kitade Nana, and "Drama" by Sid. Totally worth the 40 bucks d(^-^)b
(although the lyrics to the bonus songs aren't in the booklet....)

Also it's the first printed edition or whatever it's called so it came with a bonus illustration of Ed, but that was less cool than I thought it'd be: It's folded up inside the lyrics booklet, smaller than I expected (23 cm x 16 cm), and monochrome.

It came in the mail today in a cardboard box that was tough to open because it had all this tape all over it.

edit: also it's kinda tricky to figure out how to get the CDs out of the thing
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Merun

Post by Merun »

Nice xD. Japanese packaging are often over the top ^^;
Merun @ Twitter
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Alright, I just need too say this. Yesia.com. It's...not the best place.. I bought myself a Shana figure off of e-bay (Which should be in the mail any day now!) My wife wanted these three yaoi novel doujin things, so I, desperate too find them, bought them there. >I sigh<

Well, they're really slow. Really slow indeed. It took two days too confirm my Paypal(!) And another day too process the order. She really wanted them so I feel I'm letting her down. Well, finally they processed the order (Can you belive it only costed me $30.00?) and waited three days too tell me one was unavailable. The other was shipped but won't arrive until mid June. And for almost a week, the other has been "Waiting for Stock" which basically means...

We have ordered your item from a local or overseas supplier and are waiting for it to be delivered to our warehouse.

Sure, it's coming from Japan, but this is ridicilous!
Merun

Post by Merun »

That's why I never order from YesAsia. Free shipping is of course included in the price, but it's hell slow, so what you may gain from free shipping is lost on the price of the item.
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

So it's not just me who is having trouble with slow or non-existent delivery of items.

I ordered this last month and it still isn't here. (Estimated Delivery Date: April 17, 2012 - May 2, 2012)

I ordered a Japanese Study Journal on March 15 and the status is still Pending: Your order is in process, and items are currently being gathered.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

So because of stock issues, Yesasia cancelled my order for my wife. She wanted thst novel. This will be a sad birthday for her. ]X
Merun

Post by Merun »

That's really suck :/ Perhaps you should try elsewhere, but if her birthday is close, then you may need to get some faster shipping.

Now, in some other loot... full geek power this time. Hardware loot!
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG (76.35 KiB) Viewed 33725 times

The stuff assembled together after 2-3 hours:
IMG_0212.JPG
IMG_0212.JPG (78.78 KiB) Viewed 33725 times
And a shoot of it while it's closed.
IMG_0214.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG (165.36 KiB) Viewed 33725 times
Better say, I just created a monster. Core i5 3570k, clocked at 3.4ghz initially, I can reach 4.5ghz quite easily. Graphic card is a HD7850, factory overclocked at 920mhz and I can reach 1100mhz, and certainly more but I have yet too push it.

Now, this might come in handy eventually in the future if I ever decide to scan some more stuff. It will crunch scan faster than anything I had and while I'm away, but for now, gaming!
Merun @ Twitter
yong

Post by yong »

^^ Finally xD
i wish i could upgrade my mobo+cpu too,
But just bought 1 Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD, and Crucial ballistix Elite 8GB ram = over 390 dollar, some artbooks from Amazon, and some other doujinshi stored on japan yet to shipping...
Looks like i gonna stick with my good ol 1055T untill i can stop spending xD
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

Merun wrote:That's really suck :/ Perhaps you should try elsewhere, but if her birthday is close, then you may need to get some faster shipping.

Now, in some other loot... full geek power this time. Hardware loot!
IMG_0204.JPG

The stuff assembled together after 2-3 hours:
IMG_0212.JPG
And a shoot of it while it's closed.
IMG_0214.JPG
Better say, I just created a monster. Core i5 3570k, clocked at 3.4ghz initially, I can reach 4.5ghz quite easily. Graphic card is a HD7850, factory overclocked at 920mhz and I can reach 1100mhz, and certainly more but I have yet too push it.

Now, this might come in handy eventually in the future if I ever decide to scan some more stuff. It will crunch scan faster than anything I had and while I'm away, but for now, gaming!
I wish I could upgrade like that, I'm still using my P4 @ 3Ghz and it's a nightmare when I have to compress or rend stuff. My last upgrade was a PCI SCSI card and an IBM 10Gb SCSI disk I found laying around xD
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

Gat a small package yesterday. Took a long time to arrive (I blame customs)

Didn't get much. Just 1 magazine: Dengeki G's Festival vol.26 (2012 June)
Comes with a D.C.III dakimakura cover size 155x50 cm

I'm really happy with this as it is the 3rd time I buy a magazine for the dakimakura cover. the other 2 times were a year or 2 ago and the quality of the covers back then was horrible. I said I wouldn't buy a magazine ever again for the dakimakura cover. But I was told that the quality really improved since back then and you could compair it with a retail (much more expensive one). I tested this out with this magazine and it is true. A much higher quality material is used and it has even a zipper closing. Still a single side print but I don't ask for more as that with this quality and at such a low price.

Picture of magazine, dakimakura cover and 2 other included items here bellow.

I was curious to know how many dakimakura covers I had by now and I was surprised I wasn't far from what I could guess/remember :P

Want to know? I would be able to change my dakimakura covers on both my pillows every week for the next 119 days.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.