Learn Japanese! (comments)

Other misc discussion
Fuwari

Learn Japanese! (comments)

Post by Fuwari »

As I want to keep the Learn Japanese! thread focused on lessons, I'm opening this thread to hold comments (hope this is okay with anony-sama... ^^;; ). Don't like the format I'm using, having to memorize kana, the (over 9000!) kanji? Do I have too much information, too little information, completely irrelevant information? Want a lesson on a specific topic, useful links for Japanese, etc.? Comment, request, etc. everything here. ^^
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Re: Learn Japanese! (comments)

Post by anonymous_object »

Hey, nice post :)
Though my Japanese skills aren't quite at the same level as yours, I will also try to contribute some to these threads ^^
e-shuushuu!
Lio Tsuki

Post by Lio Tsuki »

I think this is a wonderful idea~! I can help contribute, too. I know how to read Hiragana, some of Katakana, and already I'm starting to learn how to read Kanji. I know the common things that Fuwari mentioned in the other thread, so I'd be very happy to help!
Little Miss Morbid
sig by Sekai <3
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

Topics stickied!
I'll try and contribute as well
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

One suggestion, maybe you should post the kana used for the words. Like...

konnichiwa こんいちわ - good afternoon

You'll probably do that in the later lessons anyway, but it's good to have for those already fluent in the kana alphabets.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Quenlin wrote:One suggestion, maybe you should post the kana used for the words. Like...

konnichiwa こんいちわ - good afternoon

You'll probably do that in the later lessons anyway, but it's good to have for those already fluent in the kana alphabets.
Good idea... I'd like to put the kana in a spoiler-type tag like we have on the image board, but I'll just put it as a separate post along with what you typed as an example. ^^
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

You have insulted my honour as a proud Britishman under Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth Windsor II. I challenge you to a duel!

*slams down his Light/Fairy deck* Official Rules or Duelist Kingdom Rules?
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Quenlin: Common mistakes, nothing to worry about. I'm sure you'll be making many more in the future. Work hard to be an example for the class! XD

To everyone else: don't worry about making these kinds of mistakes. It's natural, they will happen to all of us sooner or later. All you have to do is make sure you grow from making these mistakes, and you'll be the better for having made them. ^^
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Yup, experience allows us to avoid mistakes, but mistakes are the only way to gain experience.

That or beating the crap out of monsters.
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Fuwari, this wikibooks page covers all of the kana as well as mnemonics for memorizing them. Believe me, it really helped when I was working on the hiragana.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Japanese/Lessons/Lesson_6 For Hiragana

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Japanese/Lessons/Lesson_8 And the Katakana.
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Quenlin wrote:Fuwari, this wikibooks page etc., etc.
Added and credited (infomercial style); thanks, Quenlin. :wink:
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Fuwari wrote:
Quenlin wrote:Fuwari, this wikibooks page etc., etc.
Added and credited (infomercial style); thanks, Quenlin. :wink:
You're welcome. You know, if you were an actual teacher, you'd expel me for writing "こちら。 は。 スパルタアアア!!! です。" on my worksheet.

Man I'm hyperactive today.
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

Wow~! These two threads are very helpful~!! i'm taking Basic Japanese this semester. And i'm happy i have a bit knowledge of the language. My teacher is really nice and plans to have fun activities. Yay~ xD
If i have trouble with my homework, can i ask for help here? :oops:
We're currently learning to write and memorize Hiragana.. *dizzy me* but i'll do my best!!! >:3
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

yurie~hime` wrote:If i have trouble with my homework, can i ask for help here? :oops:
Yes, please! XD
If you have any questions pertaining to Japanese, whether it be from homework or something you're personally curious about, feel free to ask it here. ^^
yurie~hime` wrote:We're currently learning to write and memorize Hiragana.. *dizzy me* but i'll do my best!!! >:3
The first step in a long, rewarding journey... *tears up
Do your best, and have fun while you're doing it. ^^b
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

We'll have our next class next Wednesday. I'll definitely ask for homework help here.. xD Thank you, Fuwari-san~! ^^ I'll definitely do my best! >:3
*currently practicing how to write the first 20 characters in Hiragana..
This seems fun~