Login problems

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
samsonium

Login problems

Post by samsonium »

Hi, I just registered after lurking for a year or two. I am having login problems. Basically, I can login but as soon as I navigate to another page, it appears that I am "logged" out (i.e. can't reply to images, doesn't keep browsing settings, etc.) Sometimes, after I login, I end up at the same page but still not logged in (not the wrong username/password page). Other times, I can stay logged in for a few pages of navigation but then it just randomly quits and I'm browsing like an unregistered user again. I didn't mind it too much at first (just have to login a lot) but now, I tried to comment to an image after successfully logging in and it replied to me that "You must be logged in to use this feature." It worked after I logged in again a few more times and tried to reply.

I would think this is some problem with cookies but I set my browser (Firefox 3.0.5) to accept cookies and I can see some different cookies from e-shuushuu.net. I don't problems with forum login. I don't clear my private data or delete my cookies.

This seemed like the best place to put this topic; I couldn't find a "tech support" forum or topic. Thanks for your help. I really like this site and community.
A.Dantes

Re: Login problems

Post by A.Dantes »

Logout, delete all cookies originating from Shuu, try again. I could give you technobabble reasons for what is probably going on, but I'm not in the mood for it.

On the slim off chance that this doesn't actually correct the issue, visit the IRC chat.