"Similar Images" Search Function

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Valea

"Similar Images" Search Function

Post by Valea »

This thing isn't working for me. Are you guys having a problem with the script or is it just me?
Smithy

Re: "Simmilar Images" Search Function

Post by Smithy »

Could you perhaps elaborate? What happens when you click the "Find similar" button, do you get an error message, does it not display any results?

What Internet browser are you using Valea? Does it have any special settings, did you already clear cookies, history and check that Javascript is enabled?

I have just tried it for a few images and I get results and similar images.
A.Dantes

Re: "Similar Images" Search Function

Post by A.Dantes »

Despite Smithy's statements above, nothing on the website should require JavaScript to be enabled to work. Some conveniences will be missed though (quick tagging, replying without loading a new page, etc.). Similarly, cookies are only used for log in.

Even so, there is very little that can break without generating some sort of error message. Why is it that no one ever remembers to report that as well?
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

The image similarity search tool seems to be working to me. What did you click on to see a problem and what did it do?
e-shuushuu!
Valea

Post by Valea »

Strangely enough, it seems to be working for me now... Though I am on a different computer.

I'll try it on the other computer later and see if I get the same error message.

And I'm really glad you guys added that feature, it's really helpful, not just for finding reposts but for adding artists too. :)
V_Phantom

Post by V_Phantom »

:( Dang! I'm also having problems with this function.

To me it's actually even more annoying, since it seems to work whatever it actually feels like doing. :shock: Yeah, I'm also confused.

It's the same thing with archives from the hard drive, external URLs and EVEN with the images already posted on the board. I'm trying to identify a pattern here, but I don't see one.

Sometimes works fine, others displays "garbage" signs and some doesn't work at all. :? I seriously want to know if I'm the only one with this problem...

As Valea said, this function is EXTREMELY helpful, and I really feel uneasy with it working at random times.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Okay, I am having this issue as well. It doesn't give me any sort of message but it shows a blank page for firefox. This doesn't work for either searching by browsing your folders: http://i40.tinypic.com/2iia1s4.png or by clicking the find similiar button on an image: http://i42.tinypic.com/a5fdwl.png
I only tested the find similiar button on an image for internet explorer and got this: http://i44.tinypic.com/2uxxu88.jpg the usual error message for IE.
That's not a whole lot of information...but it's all that I've got. ^^;;
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

This should be fixed now.
e-shuushuu!