The Wiki

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
samsonium

Re: The Wiki

Post by samsonium »

So, basically, you need to put category tags on artists' pages because new categories have been made? I'll get started (I have experience with editing wikis). I certainly wouldn't want someone like you going insane. =)

update: Finished 'T', 'U', and 'Y'. Had to remap my Ctrl key to an Alt key so my finger wouldn't break. I'll come back to it later if someone else hasn't already done what's left ('MNRS').

update#2: well, crap, I just realized you were putting categories on newlines, instead of all in a row. That was how I started until I ran into an artist page someone else already edited and followed that format >< if it's a big deal, I can go back and change them (only 250ish articles) but I'd really rather not if it's not a big deal (which would be if you foresee artists' pages having 5+ categories). In any case, I'll put categories on newlines in the future.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Thank you for the effort ^^ By the way, do you have any experience with Wiki bot? The process would be easier with a bot.

As for the new line / row, it doesn't matter.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Yes, it really doesn't matter. The artist template has them going horizantally now anyway.

Also, I think M and N were completed yesterday by yong and Yu-tan (you shouldn't made mention of it~ :P), and I finished R yesterday as well, so it's just S (the worst one) that's left? Thank you very much, samsonium.
私は悪魔です。
samsonium

Post by samsonium »

Merun wrote:Thank you for the effort ^^ By the way, do you have any experience with Wiki bot? The process would be easier with a bot.

As for the new line / row, it doesn't matter.
I don't have experience with wiki bots but I do have some experience with programming. If it's useful, I wouldn't mind learning a bit to familiarize myself with wikibots. I can't imagine it being that difficult. Anyway, we're almost done here and bots are usually made with explicit purposes; I would consider it for future endeavors.
Yatchen wrote:Yes, it really doesn't matter. The artist template has them going horizantally now anyway.

Also, I think M and N were completed yesterday by yong and Yu-tan (you shouldn't made mention of it~ :P), and I finished R yesterday as well, so it's just S (the worst one) that's left? Thank you very much, samsonium.
Ah, sorry ><, I didn't check MNR before I started (I figured I'd start from the back of the alphabet). It's too late tonight for me to do S but I might have time tomorrow.

update: nevermind, it seems like 'S' was done by yong. Thanks.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Since it's going smoothly, yeah, no need for a bot.

And there is no hurry to modify all the articles, take your time.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Well, they're all done now, I'm pretty sure. XD Thanks, guys.
私は悪魔です。
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I'm standardizing the pixiv artist section right now (should be done in 10 minutes).
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If you add an artist called something along the lines of "xxx (pixiv###)" to the wiki, put the link to their tag page beside the entry. For instance: *[http://pixiv.net/personurlID#.net XXX] [www.shuushuuu.net/tagpage]
And the additional information you would have put on the wiki should be contained in there. ;)
We'll try this and see how it goes.
私は悪魔です。
yong

Post by yong »

Bump!
http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Ta ... C%EB%84%A4
It looks like the artist him/herself...
is it ok to delete the page?
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Do they not want a tag or their works posted either? Someone needs to mail them, I would think.
But the page can certainly be deleted. It can always be restored anyway.
私は悪魔です。
yong

Post by yong »

Just one image of her works posted on shuu, i guess she didn't find it :P
deleted the entry,
btw, i noticed alot of wiki "page blanker",
their IP is originate from japan...
probably is artist him/herself blanked the entry which contain their site information.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Well, if they don't say anything, I will continue to block/restore the pages. I think you should to.
Our wiki is to give information, and if they don't want it given out, I think they can at least bother to say something.
私は悪魔です。
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

*dusts this off*
I started added links back to the tags on the pixiv page, because it was begging to be standardized.

Feel free to add some too.
I've taken care of Symbols and 0-9.
But I couldn't find △ in the tag list. o.0
私は悪魔です。
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

It should be noted that the Pixiv Artist section has been split into 4 parts.

Pixiv Artist *-E
Pixiv Artist F-L
Pixiv Artist M-S
Pixiv Artist T-Z
私は悪魔です。
yong

Post by yong »

Any fix for this?
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9771 ... rd02wn.jpg
I know Merun edited the artist info templates to adapt it into the new skin, sorry but im still using old skin orz
The fonts in new skin are too small to see, especially japanese characters ><
Merun

Post by Merun »

orz… well I don't know if I can do anything skin specific. Previous skin use a non fixed width unlike the new one… It would be better if I put some float, but then it would make a big white space. Right now the infobox is hovering the information… So either I try to modify again the box, or we could also change the font of the new skin.
Merun @ Twitter