The Wiki

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Yatchen

The Wiki

Post by Yatchen »

Having been chatting about the wiki with people privately for a while, and upon realizing it should be a public sort of thing, I thought I'd open this topic for it. I hope you don't mind. >.<;; I've never opened a topic before.

Anyway, it was decided that the wiki should be made a little more open to other people and that they should actually be aware of its existence beyond a link on the community page. There are, after all, only 4 editors with any sort of regularity at this point, and we wonder if maybe other people aren't even using the wiki to help themselves.

So, here's what I thought would be a good place to discuss wiki changes with other editors.
---
As in, currently we're working with the idea of creating general information pages about things such as pixiv, going into more detail about some things within their pages, such as doujinshi ( http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Ca ... nshi_/_同人誌 ), etc. I thought it might be a good idea to have a General category for things like the pixiv information page, because it relates to so many other pages but doesn't really fit with the Tutorials section.
I also think it should be placed in the link bar on the bottom rather than in a thumbnail because it, like the other links on the bottom, is a bit different than the other categories.

And I did so. ;P
私は悪魔です。
Yatchen

Re: The Wiki

Post by Yatchen »

New section added for new wiki editors: here.
I put it on the main page as well.

This should clear things up for those I've spoken to who don't want to edit because they don't know how to use the wiki.
私は悪魔です。
yong

Post by yong »

Just got somethings to add on "Initial setup",
now wiki contributors are require to search artist Japanese name first,
searching "Eng / Jpn" or just romaji/translated name doesn't work if the romaji reading is wrong, or no/space within the romaji or whatever,
and will end up duplicate entry.
for example, this one
#always use the reading given by artist, and always use Kanji if instead of of kata/hiragana.

i know, getting the artist names right is hard, but... ;_;
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Oh, I'd forgotten about that. Thanks, yong, I added it to the page.
私は悪魔です。
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

Hey, um, perhaps a silly question, but could anyone make a page for the rules translated into Dutch? I mean, I'll happily translate it, no problem at all, but, well, I fail at using Wiki pages. Seriously. I got banned from editing at Wikipedia.org because I totally screwed up a layout on a page. That probably says enough, right? XD

So, if anyone could make the page and if I could send the translated rules to that person, it might help, right? ^^d
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

That says a lot. XD PM it to me, and I'll add it.
I can also PM you, or anyone else, extra wiki tutoring if you really do want to learn how to edit wiki pages and my tutorial doesn't help. ;P Step by step processes or whatnot.
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

Well, topic more for Eva-chan, but if anyone has an idea what are the pages for Toolbox, Search and Languages. They are empty so... I don't see the need for them. We might need to edit the skin itself to remove this and instead of having a Navigation Menu, everything could fit in the bar.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Come to think of it, "Community Portal", "Current Events", and "Help" are also unused. Maybe we should put something in them or delete them too. Or I could move my wiki editing tutorial to the "Help" section or something. It seems applicable enough for that page.
私は悪魔です。
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

Moving the editing tutorial to the help section doesn't seem like a bad idea. Considering it does contain information about how to search, edit and create new pages. Which is what I was hoping that help section would lead to when I first wanted to put up a artist. Or if you would rather just delete the whole section you should put a link to the wiki edits instead of help.
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

The pixiv artist page now says "WARNING: This page is 48 kilobytes long; some browsers may have problems editing pages approaching or longer than 32kb. Please consider breaking the page into smaller sections.". Should we be concerned about that?
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

Hmm, I have no issue under Safari, Firefox, Opera. However, loading the edit page is quite long considered other pages which could be a problem. For now, people should edit section instead of the whole page in ase they have problem or it's really slow.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Bump~

Piapro only artists.
We've had a boom of them, so I wonder if we should make a section for them as well as pixiv artists. I certainly don't want to not add them to the wiki. I guess this would also mean that we should add any potential piapro accounts of artists to the wiki in their normal pages as well. >.<

And actually, I was wondering if we should make a deviantART only page for those artists as well. After all, we do have a good bit of them, and there's no real way to search them.
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

I don't see why not. ( I spotted an artist adding himself on the wiki recently lol )
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Okay, I started the DA page. I got halfway through my Is on DA before giving up. I'll finish that later.

Anyone can feel free to add to it, or if someone sees an artist I've added that has a pixiv account or a website, or is already on the wiki, please add/fix the page for them.

I'll add the Piapro page once I figure the site out for myself and bookmark some artists. Anyone can feel free to make it themselves in the meantime though.

Edit: Piapro page added.
私は悪魔です。
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Bump.
If you've ever considered editing the wiki, please read/skim this, especially the bottom.

So, we added some new categories to the wiki, which I'm sure any regular editors may have noticed (since I edited the template too :P).
http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Ca ... xiv_Artist
http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Ca ... ART_Artist
http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Ca ... pro_Artist

What does this mean? Well, instead of simply putting [[Category:Artist]] on a new wiki artist page, you will have to put [[Category:Artist]] (if they have a website) + [[Category: Pixiv Artist]] (if they have a pixiv account), etc. It'll help with organization and allow us to have full artist pages for those who only have a DA account and a pixiv or a Piapro and a DA but don't have a website.

Unfortunately, this also means that the old full artist pages are not up to date. If we find that an automatic solution to this can be used, that would be great, but in the meantime we'll need to go back and manually add categories to every entry.

So, for all the current editors, don't forget about using the right categories in your future entries, and if you have some time, please consider going back to the older stuff (because I may go insane fixing all of them alone).

And to anyone who's looked at the wiki but hasn't wanted to contribute because it was too confusing, etc, this is a good chance for you to familiarize yourself with it (and we'll appreciate it a lot). I will happily walk anyone through the process, and it's really very easy to do (just a little tedious). Honestly, it's mainly copy/paste work. XD

----
We now have done from the +-L, O-Q, V-X, Z, ~.
私は悪魔です。