Rule Clarification

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
ButterflyIllusioned

Rule Clarification

Post by ButterflyIllusioned »

I posted an image on Shuu just a little while ago which was almost immediately taken down. The only reasoning behind it I can think of is the watermark. However, it wasn't a DeviantArt watermark, it was a studio watermark. Which, according to the rules: "Watermarked images are not allowed unless the mark is by the original artist or studio."

So, since I have no way of knowing who took the image down, and thus, no way of asking them why they did, I would like a clarification of what exactly "unless the mark is by the original artist" means. Does the rule just mean a signature in the corner and doesn't apply to actual watermarks? Or does the watermark have to be a small one or barely visible? Is there a size limit?

I've uploaded images before with watermarks and have gotten politely told they weren't allowed but I've also uploaded them without problem or mention previous to that.

I just need a Clarification, please. :D
AngelLily

Re: Rule Clarification

Post by AngelLily »

Watermarks are allowed if they are:

1. By the original artist/studio
2. Do not take over half of the image/stand in the very middle of the image.

Basically they can't be intrusive. If they comply with item #1, then they can be a site, a signature, a name, anything really, as long as it isn't big enough to ruin the image overall.

If you don't mind me asking, could you please link me the specific image you're referring to? I'd like to provide you the reason. :)
ButterflyIllusioned

Re: Rule Clarification

Post by ButterflyIllusioned »

Ah, OK.. That explains it. The watermark was rather big. So, try to find images without big watermarks. Got it. xD

I'll have to find the image again since I delete images after I upload them here. I try not to image hoard on my hard drive. xD