What motivates you to post an image to Shuushuu?

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)

What motivates you to post an image on Shuushuu?

It's totally super cute
14%
It's extremely beautiful
14%
It's from one of my favorite sources
No votes
It features one of my favorite characters
14%
It features one of my favorite couples
No votes
It's from a favorite artist
No votes
It's funny / weird
14%
It features a "moe point" that I like (e.g. glasses/nekomimi maid/trap)
14%
I know someone else on the board will like it
No votes
Larger/better quality version of picture already posted
14%
Posting for information (e.g. want to know source/artist/translation)
14%
I think it's sexy (but not TOO sexy for shuushuu)
No votes
I just pick random pictures with no reason
No votes
Other reason
No votes

Total votes: 7

Julia

What motivates you to post an image to Shuushuu?

Post by Julia »

I'm curious again and so it's another poll topic like Where do you usually get images from?

As you all know, there's a 15 picture a day limit, so you can't go posting every single image you come across. When you post an image on shuushuu, what's your most common reason for picking that pic? Because I find myself wondering if people look for the cutest images, the most beautiful, just certain characters, etc.

Edit: Dang it! I keep getting "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." on the poll.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
RockRabbit

Re: What motivates you to post an image to Shuushuu?

Post by RockRabbit »

I get the same error.
And I think I picked half of the possible answers too xD

Most of the time I post images of animes/artists I like. Or just images in general that i find cute/pretty :3
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
AriaHime

Post by AriaHime »

I got the same error, on this, and also on the poll at the top of the banner topic. ^^''
Anyway, I post the ones that I think are most cute/beautiful. I'm kind of picky, cause I only post images that I would fav/save to my picture collection. Even if someone hasn't posted it, if I don't like it, I won't post it. (That's kind of a bad attitude, now that I think about it...)
How the hell does a broken heart
get back together when it's torn apart?
Teach itself to start
Beating again...
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I like posting pictures from sources I like. I don't really like posting originals, unless they feature some of my favorite elements (megane, pink hair, a beautiful dress, pictures featuring rain), and I'll rarely post something from a source I'm not familiar with. When I do post something from a foreign source, it's because I know a friend will appreciate it. I really like searching images for friends, especially on birthdays. I get extremely disappointed when a source is a) not popular enough so there aren't any good images or b) too popular, so that every pretty image is already posted. That really upsets me ;-;

I'm very picky about art, though. It has to give me a certain aesthetic pleasure by looking at it. It's usually beautiful > cute to me. I like some non-popular pairings, for instance, but I will not post just any picture of that pairing just because it exists. It has to look pretty to me. That's why I don't get to post much ^^;
unaru okami

Post by unaru okami »

AriaHime wrote:I'm kind of picky, cause I only post images that I would fav/save to my picture collection. Even if someone hasn't posted it, if I don't like it, I won't post it.
That's exactly what I do. I'm really picky about the images I save from other websites, but if I save it, I like it and I propably post it here.
Julia

Post by Julia »

I like to post pictures of my favorite characters/series, but also ones that are really cute/beautiful. I will also sometimes post things that I know another person on the board will appreciate. I think it'd be interesting to go through all my posts sometime and see what my "favorite" source to post images from is.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
ButterflyIllusioned

Post by ButterflyIllusioned »

I like posting pictures from my favorite series, as well as lesser known series from the 90's (ex: Yadamon). Being really cute or really pretty is a plus. I also upload most of the artwork for specific artists I like (ex: Moonknives). I like putting as many images as I can so someone who's searching for images can have a wide variety instead of just stumbling over the same basic images again and again. :3

(I'm also getting an error on the poll)
Thursday

Post by Thursday »

Let's see. I post images if they're from a series/game I like, especially because a lot of them don't get too much love on Shuu (SMT, Shadow Hearts) and I'll make exceptions for art quality if I really love the source and feel Shuu should have more love for it too... but for the most part I'll post a picture if, when I click on it, either I think it's pretty or I'll think that someone else will think it's pretty! So I'll post anything that makes me go "Ohh, that's nice" even if it's original or I don't know the characters. Cause I figure, somebody will like it! ^_^

My other secret motive for uploading is to try and get an image good enough that Yatchen will favorite it. XD (An impossible dream... 2, really??)
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

You forgot one option ... "Uploading on Shuu to save space on my HDD." XD
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Thursday wrote:My other secret motive for uploading is to try and get an image good enough that Yatchen will favorite it. XD (An impossible dream... 2, really??)
Awwwwww. ;w;

I am very particular with my shuu favorites. XD;
But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy other images too! ;3
私は悪魔です。
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

You're not picky, you're like, bratty about it or something! XD
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Noo! XD
I dunno. I take favorites very, very seriously!
Except on Pixiv. I'm more free there. ;3
私は悪魔です。
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

I like posting cute and beautiful the most. I prefer posting images that have both. Though sometimes it can be more of one than the other. I try to post things with good quality. Though if I find it adorable though meh quality I might still post it. If I can find something from a series that I really like then I will post it :3
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
Nue

Post by Nue »

I usually go for art's beauty, source/characters/couples in it (either if I like them or someone else does) and to post bigger and/or better quality of old pictures. Ah, also the artist sometimes. Though my favorite kind of pictures I like the post are the beautiful ones. As an example, I love scenic pictures pretty much and I would love to find more of those to post in shuu~ I always found them pretty. And when not scenic (like in most cases), I go for picture with good quality and pleasant art style for my own likings. As an example, Yunomi and ideolo are great artists in my point of view and their styles are pretty unique and beautiful. I wish they would post more often in pixiv.
Hikari-chan

Post by Hikari-chan »

I usually like posting images depending on what I feel like at the time... But they're usually from my favorite sources because I kind of dislike having to look up information for a series I don't know, ahaha~ I try to share what I think looks nice and has good quality, and I also try to make sure that it's not too small, because small images always make me wish that there's a bigger size. ;;