Merun's Pixiv artist name fetcher script

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Merun

Re: Merun's Pixiv artist name fetcher script

Post by Merun »

Final exam is tomorrow, I have finished Castlevania Lords of Shadow, new games shouldn't arrive for a few days, so I will try to update the database and look into the matter at the same time.
Merun @ Twitter
Merun

Post by Merun »

Database is updated. No error with "ideolo", and no idea why it wasn't correct.

Right now I can update the database without relying on a backup of the wiki. I can get almost all the articles from the Pixiv artist category of the wiki in a few minutes. Problem is some of them have specials characters in their name so I will need to include them latter.
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=407595
http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Yuu_(gohan)

On this pixiv page the script is just giving me "Yuu" instead of "Yuu (gohan)", any idea why?

edit: If I had to guess, I think maybe your database was a bit out of date and had a version where the tag was just called "Yuu", before we added the qualifier. How often is the database updated?
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Ugh ... Julia, it was always like that. Since the script appeared.
Most if not all the artist that have a site are like that. Ugh ... ya ... ^^'

Though it's pretty easy to figure out WHICH artist it is ^^' Well for a fast paced searcher anyway. Personally I have no problem with the script as is. I find no faults in it. Except for that one time with the Wiki fail.
Merun

Post by Merun »

I try to update once per month. I have added a little section about the database on the wiki page.

For yuu (gohan), the problem is the wiki article. I use the "name" field, which just say "yuu", and I grab the Pixiv ID from the "site" field. I don't use the title of the article.

It's good to know that you have no problem with it. I'm still a bit curious about who use it. For now the script can run for one more year, until I have to pay for the server again xD.
Merun @ Twitter
Merun

Post by Merun »

Just a little note, I haven't update the database for a while ^^;. I don't have the script to generate the update with me… I just hope I can find it again on one of my HDD.
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

Um, I have a problem. I'm trying to install it on another computer and whenever I click the download link it just goes to a page with the script's code instead of installing it... I have Greasemonkey enabled and it's Firefox 9.0.1.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Julia wrote:Um, I have a problem. I'm trying to install it on another computer and whenever I click the download link it just goes to a page with the script's code instead of installing it... I have Greasemonkey enabled and it's Firefox 9.0.1.
did you try the right-click, "save target as..." method? o.o
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Julia

Post by Julia »

Yeah, but then when I try to open the file locally I get an error.
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Haha Lol. I have Firefox 4.0.1. Works just fine.
Merun

Post by Merun »

No problem on Firefox 9 on my end to install script, though I just updated my Firefox...
Merun @ Twitter
Merun

Post by Merun »

I have just updated the database. 21588 artists in total after solving a little issue. Also, did a round of test. It works in Safari 5.1, Firefox 11, and whatever version Chrome is up to. I will officially support these 3 browsers.

Also, something of note, but at the end of September, I will have to pay for the hosting for my webserver, and Pixiv Fetcher is hosted on it ( especially the backend + database ). August is Comiket and in September, I have the for my last year of college, so I'm not sure I will extend. Perhaps find a cheaper solution.
Merun @ Twitter
Merun

Post by Merun »

Since no one seems to be bothered about it, I will just say that Pixiv Fetcher is down as I closed my previous hosting. Also been gaming the hell out of my weekend so I didn't setup the database on new server xD; Stay tune for update, and eventually in the future, I will upgrade Pixiv Fetcher to allow editing directly from Pixiv.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

It's currently working for me still, haha.
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

You know my Twitter is more up to date than this topic 8D I moved everything this morning xD

However it's not available for download. I may rewrite the GreaseMonkey script so that I have an easier time to maintain and upgrade.
Merun @ Twitter