Merun's Pixiv artist name fetcher script

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Julia

Merun's Pixiv artist name fetcher script

Post by Julia »

So I figured I'd make a thread for Merun's script which retrieves the artist id from the pixiv page and puts the name below the avatar if the id is in the database.

http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Pixiv_Fetcher

Looks cool.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Merun

Re: Merun's Pixiv artist name fetcher script

Post by Merun »

I have updated my back end. Nothing to download for you guys, but I should have every PIxiv artists registered on the Wiki now, except for those with mistake in the article ( Some of them have a link to an image of the artist and not the profile page ). In total, there are 11 043 artists in it.

edit: Forget it, I can only export 5000 articles from the wiki. I lack 5000 more!

The update is simple enough that I can let anyone handle it ( as long as they can tell the difference between 2 files ), however only wiki admin have the access to the appropriate page to export the wiki information. Update page is password protected so I will give the password only to them.

I have decided that the wiki will be the only way to edit the database. No interface will be integrated on Pixiv as this would generate conflict and difference between the entry of the wiki and the entry made on Pixiv.

edit: With the help of Evangeline, there is now 16,484 artists !
Merun @ Twitter
yong

Post by yong »

For those who frequently "import" image from pixiv, Its recommended to install this script, both tagging team and normal users.
It will save us alot of time if the name is already exist on shuu, so we dont have to search the artist name again on shuu, and further prevent creating of duplicate artist tag~
Merun

Post by Merun »

I can add a search button to the wiki as well. And the main goal is indeed to reduce the workload.

Now I still need to work on the export issue...

Also considering that some articles have the link to the tag on Shuu, I might be able to add that link too...

edit: I have added several entries in the To do category.
I'm still not sure about some of them, hence the '?' at the end of some of them. I would like to have some opinion about those.
Merun @ Twitter
DoomTay

Post by DoomTay »

If only this works for those of us who don't have a pixiv account and/or can' be bothered to make one, though obviously that would take a bit of work to determine whether the user is logged in, and would mean a different kind of placement.
Merun

Post by Merun »

I believe most people interested in this script already have a Pixiv account. I don't think it's hard to adapt the script for those without an account, but for now it's not on my TO DO list.
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=601089
This is the pixiv page for Akaza but it displays the name Nanjou Akimasa. (Nanjou Akimasa's pixiv also displays "Nanjou Akimasa": http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=51392)

Do you think this can be adapted for use on Piapro, Tinami, etc?
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Merun

Post by Merun »

Found the bug. The article for Akaza had a weird space which means the line with the name wasn't found by my script. I modified the script to search for just "| name =" instead of "| name = ". Might as well say that the quality of the database depend on how strictly articles are written ^^.

I just took a look at Tinami and Piapro's site, and yes, it should be possible to adapt the script for them. I would rather release separate scripts for them though.
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Just informing you: http://i.imgur.com/Uaigj.png
Server down? Or just a connection failure from my side? Doesn't seem to be the only artist page to give me that.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Working for me at the moment. I don't have much time to mess with the script/backend during week days so I didn't change any part related to displaying since last Saturday. Might be a temporary down of the server on which I host my database.
Merun @ Twitter
DoomTay

Post by DoomTay »

Well, either way, you might want to use something less...cluttery for an error message. And I think you could simulate the server being down apart from actually taking the server down by changing one line of code or another, so that the script fails to locate the server in the first place.
Merun

Post by Merun »

It's the default error message which was retrieved by the script. I can reformat a bit but it still won't be pretty because I need to keep error message for debugging.
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

Can the script handle artists with multiple Pixiv accounts, e.g. http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Santou_Suihei
Merun

Post by Merun »

Just tried it out with that wiki article. As expected, it can, even though I didn't think of that possibility xD

Btw, I hope this weekend I can work on my wiki retriever, as I'm still limited to the 5000 first artist of the Pixiv category. This is needed in order to keep the database updated. I'm just ultra busy also with school projects...
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

It's showing me Arisa for ideolo's Pixiv page. Why? D:
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=61513