search

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Solette

search

Post by Solette »

Is there a way to search for images that are original? As in they don't have a source at all?
Merun

Re: search

Post by Merun »

In advanced search, there is a checkbox for "no source". I don't know if it's available to normal user though. I just tried it and…. this is a website killer ^^;;;;;;; 16 seconds to generate a page.
Merun @ Twitter
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Well I guess it's adding !"Fortune Arterial" !"Pokemon" !"Touhou" ect... but I really do think an invisible "No Source" tag that is still searchable would be worth coding in.

And it's not available to regular users, Merun.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Merun

Post by Merun »

Quenlin wrote:Well I guess it's adding !"Fortune Arterial" !"Pokemon" !"Touhou" ect... but I really do think an invisible "No Source" tag that is still searchable would be worth coding in.

And it's not available to regular users, Merun.

I don't think the server would like such search with plenty of !"tag". Anyway after a certain number of tag it just dies.
Since it's not available to regular user, then I guess the admins decided that the function is too dangerous to be left for normal user and not worth the time to optimize it.
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

I believe normal users can find all "no source" images with this:

http://e-shuushuu.net/search/results/?nosource=1

To add "no source" to another search, add "&nosource=1" to the end of the results URL.

For example: http://e-shuushuu.net/search/results/?t ... nosource=1

I don't really see how such a feature could be dangerous to normal users... :?
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Merun

Post by Merun »

It's not dangerous for normal user, it's dangerous for the server. A page which take 16 seconds to generate is just too resource intensive. If someone decided to abuse it, shuu might be taken down, pretty easily might I add.
Merun @ Twitter