Merun's Reverse Pixiv script

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Merun

Merun's Reverse Pixiv script

Post by Merun »

Reverse Pixiv is an EXPERIMENTAL GreaseMonkey script ( which doesn't work on GreaseMonkey atm wwww ). This is made for lazy people like me, but, it's NOT an alternative to tagging.

Basically, lots of images on Shuu comes from Pixiv, so reverse Pixiv will do 2 things for you:

* Create a link directly to the image, based on the "Original filename" displayed on E-shuushuu ( won't work if it's hidden )
* I pushed the concept even further; it will fetch the romanji from my Pixiv Fetcher's database!
* It may even tag in your stead, but it won't :p

Here is a screenshot:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (97.26 KiB) Viewed 30468 times

Do note that this script will have to make a request to Pixiv to get the artist id. This can mean a lot of things:

* More bandwidth usage
* May be slow
* I do not know the policy of Pixiv for such script; normally should be fine since this act like a web crawler, but who knows.

Script is licensed under the terms of the MIT license.

Also, this script might not get artist name from Pixiv Fetcher; I'm doing some stuff on there so chance are I will break it down quite often. Still, bug reports and suggestion are welcome.

Known issues:
* Chance are it doesn't work on the medium sized pictures
* Won't parse auto pagerized image.

Future:
* Update Pixiv Fetcher's database.
* Link to profile

Request for comment ( in other terms, I would like some feedback for these ):
* Display Pixiv name if not in database
* Display Pixiv name along with the romanji from my database

Download link
Merun @ Twitter
Merun

Re: Merun's Reverse Pixiv script

Post by Merun »

Both Pixiv Fetcher and Reverse Pixiv should work on Firefox now. Also reduced the filesize and source code are available at GitHub

APIs to MoeDB are not documented and don't be in the foreseeable future as long as they are unstable unless I have some real contribution from other parties.
Merun @ Twitter