E-shuushuu's terms for traced illustrations?

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Aizawa

E-shuushuu's terms for traced illustrations?

Post by Aizawa »

I found out recently that an artist I follow on Tumblr has traced their art. [The post with evidence had overlays].

Do we disable them? Or do we simply leave the posts alone?
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Emii

Re: E-shuushuu's terms for traced illustrations?

Post by Emii »

In my opinion, I'd leave the art on Shuu.

No one is certain if other artists, such as pixiv artists, have done the same. Obviously there has, but to track all traced artwork would be tedious.

I know it's an upsetting matter, but many artists gain their inspiration by referencing art they fancy. I looked at Clavies' art (I saw your comments about her on Shuu and searched her up) and her lineart doesn't seem to be heavily traced. I agree the body placements are highly similar to the referenced image, but it's hard to say if she redrew her own lineart on top of another artists' art. Clavies could've just been glancing at an image and basing her art on something she admired. However, it does become questionable if she references repetitively.

Now, if it were an artist like acelemigain, well, a red flag would rise because the artist blatantly traces their work from other artist, such as Poco. Obviously, that type of plagiarism is not to be tolerated. The background was ripped from the original image, and even if the artist claims the background is not theirs, the bigger problem there is that he/she kept the same identical features of the girl in the stolen art in their own art.

In Clavies case though, it appears she hasn't been rinsing and repeating the tracing of her work. She has talent there, but she needs to figure out how to harbor that skill without having to reference all the time. That's why "how to draw.." books and art dummies were created. This is something that should be said to her though..

Anyway, if the moderators are against artist like Clavies, then disabling her artwork would be in their power.
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

looking at the acelemigain example, i can only wonder if that means some of Yuu Kamia's works should get disabled too...
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Sara

Post by Sara »

Honestly, I'm with Emii on this one. Can't say it better than she already did.
I would like Clavies's art to stay, if possible.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

I see, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the input. :] And I'm also wondering the same, Rockrabbit.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?