How to: Reverse image search directly on shuu

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
RockRabbit

How to: Reverse image search directly on shuu

Post by RockRabbit »

So, I'm guessing a lot of you are familiar with the Image Search Options add-on for Mozilla and Chrome that lets you right-click on an image and send it for a reverse search on Google, IQDB or SauceNAO, but did you know you can edit it quite easily to search through shuu's Similar Images page as well?

When I upload tons of images one after another, it can get annoying to do it manually through shuu (copy image url address, press search button, go back and do it again etc. etc.) and IQDB seems to hate me and often ends up not showing some results, even if the image I am checking does exist on shuu, so I end up going for an upload, tagging everything and then getting a warning by the website that this image already exists on the board...
"What do you mean it already exists on the website, IQDB showed no results for shuu?!?!?!?!"

So, in case you have not meddled in the options of the add-on, you might have missed this and at least to me is very useful.
  • What we need to do next is to open the options for the add-on. To do that, you have to open your browser's options and enter the add-on menu.
(chrome):

(firefox):
  • after that, select extensions from the side

After that just find the Image Search Option add-on and click Options.
    End of step two.

The next steps will be divided in two, since the option windows look different between the two browsers and parallel explanation is difficult. I'll be explaining Chrome first, so please scroll down if you need the Firefox explanation instead.

!! Adding E-shuushuu to Image Search Options on Chrome !!
  • This is what your options window should look like:
  • SauceNAO used to be at the very top, as you can see by the text on the side of the lines. You can either scroll to the bottom, to edit one of the "custom" lines left there, or do like me and rearrange things as you please.
    To add E-shuushuu to the list of websites to search with, just add a name on the top (I went with E-shuushuu ofc, but you can just type in shuu or anything you want) and in the second line add this link http://e-shuushuu.net/search/similar/?url=
    And then just press the Apply button at the bottom and you are done.

!! Adding E-shuushuu to Image Search Options on Firefox !!
  • This is what your options window should look like:
  • Next we click on the Add button on the right.
    The Firefox is different in that it allows you to have a "main menu" feature directly after right clicking, but you can also have a drop-down menu with more options. Pick whichever one suits your tastes. Please note that you should have either Main Menu or Sub Menu box checked. You can also have both, but if both boxes areturned off, you will not see the menu.
    Time to add some info!
    Display options is the name which will be displayed, so I put E-shuushuu
    Show icon allows you to add a custom icon for the site. I added this one of Shuu-tan: http://i.imgur.com/VXkPZ6h.jpg
    On both Left Click & Right Click settings I put this address: http://e-shuushuu.net/search/similar
    In Variables under Left Click settings paste this: url=::$URL::
    In Variables under Right Click settings paste: file=::$IMGDATA::
    Then add a mark on Use POST instead of GET on the RIGHT side
    and you should end up with something like this:
  • Click OK and you are done.
    If you want to have Shuu on the very top of the list, you'll have to select every other search engine and then use the "Set as Last" button to push them all to the bottom.
Now when you right-click an image, you should have a dropdown menu (Chrome) or a button that will let you reverse search on shuu!!

Do note that SOME images will not work, usully ones that don't end in an image format like .jpg or .png
Like the images from facebook, for example.

If any explanation was unclear or you want some other help, please let me know and I'll try to help.
Happy reverse image searching (:
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
L u c y

Re: How to: Reverse image search directly on shuu

Post by L u c y »

This is very useful! Thank you a lot, usa. <3333
silence

Re: How to: Reverse image search directly on shuu

Post by silence »

Whoa, nice! I've been already using Image Search Options, but I didn't know it can be configured this way. It works beautifully, and is going to be useful, so big thanks <3