Wiki Revival Thread

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
whitekitten1997

Wiki Revival Thread

Post by whitekitten1997 »

We do have an older wiki thread, but it began in 2009 and there have been considerable changes to get the wiki up and usable again. I also want to be able to leave new info in the first post rather than it getting lost pages into an old thread, so here we are.

Right now, I have permissions to edit the wiki, but not to sort accounts or anything; that'll have to be done by messaging higher up. But I also think it'd be nice if a few others could get a say even if they don't have access for now.

Current projects that anyone could help in:

* We need image examples of each theme tag. The images should preferably be landscape (but not too wide over long; think wallpaper size https://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wallpaper), and be a key example of a theme (rather than another theme being more predominant in the image). If anyone wants to suggest images on any pages missing them, there are a lot of WIP pages: https://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php?title=Theme_Tags . Will probably also swap some on some of the pages that were tested first (it took some fiddling with sizes and templates).

* Any page suggestions. I can make pages that you might really want (to an extent) or I can even add pages that you write, though I'll have to fit it to current formatting/relevancy. Again, I don't personally have permissions to sort accounts. Pages are mostly sorted between Artists (if you really want a page on a certain artist), Works (pages for Source tags), and Tutorials, so I can add to any. Other pages tend to be a bit more work or need more thought.

* Other suggestions are also welcome, but remember I'm just one person atm. My priority is deleting any leftover spam.

Other wiki thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1204
MyAnimeList | Tumblr (Pink GIFs) | Tumblr (Main)
puppysocks

Re: Wiki Revival Thread

Post by puppysocks »

i browse eshuu on the regular, im not sure if i have the ability to edit tags but i would like to do so. some images are under tagged and cannot be found unless searching for (usually) a irrelevant tag. if theres anything else i could do while browsing pictures let me know
whitekitten1997

Re: Wiki Revival Thread

Post by whitekitten1997 »

puppysocks wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:14 pm
Please use the relevant thread for posts, puppysocks. This thread is about the Wiki.

To answer your query, though, only moderators (pink names) and tagging team members (orange names) can edit tags on other people's posts (you have to ability to edit your own). We don't allow regular users to retag the images of others in case of mistakes. If a former image needs retagging, you can report it using the report function (the little red circle). Older images will not always use newer tags because the newer tags didn't exist yet, and there are thousands of images on the board. It's too much of a job for the team to go over everything, but we do what we can.

Tagging team members are recruiting based on former experience on the board and by showing one can use tags correctly, etc.
MyAnimeList | Tumblr (Pink GIFs) | Tumblr (Main)