Why do we still have the image rating feature? oO

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
amfest

Post by amfest »

indeed that does look tons better .. :D

Though I think maybe instead of the image name displayed under the rating it should just say More Info or something but that's just nitpicking so it doesn't really matter XD

yea a gallery like pull up would be nice for searching. Along with things like multiple tag searching . .like I want happy, moon and neko mimi tags on my image search :P . .but that's getting offtopic :P

looks like everything is coming along nicely for ratings though
canis

Post by canis »

anonymous_object wrote:How about this?
Thanks for all that work you put into this. :shock:

I like the image rating system now. ^^
amfest

Post by amfest »

oh yea .. i was just thinking .. when an image gets put as disabled . .the rating system submit should go away . . . and images that are disabled should be made sure to not appear on the rating page. Not sure if that's already in effect . . . images that have high ratings might end up disabled for a bigger version of it and such though it'd be nice if somehow there was a mod link to sorta option where if a mod disableds an image to a larger, cleaner, complete version they can easily merge it's info to the new one . .like ratings will be added to the non-disabled one and though it might be much . .people who fav'd the previous one get their fav redirected to the linked one.

Also i've been trying to look at images of sakura . .and I think that would work best if we can get some art of it . .for each rating version the sakura can just be folded more towards going in half. you just have to look at this to know what I mean http://pantransit.reptiles.org/images/1 ... _junr2.jpg

maybe solwyern can whip something up.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

amfest wrote: Along with things like multiple tag searching . .like I want happy, moon and neko mimi tags on my image search :P . .but that's getting offtopic :P
Multiple tag searching has always been supported... just type more than one tag separated by spaces.
e-shuushuu!
amfest

Post by amfest »

anonymous_object wrote:
amfest wrote: Along with things like multiple tag searching . .like I want happy, moon and neko mimi tags on my image search :P . .but that's getting offtopic :P
Multiple tag searching has always been supported... just type more than one tag separated by spaces.
well slap me on my mahou pantsu . .

I guess I tend to miss the simple of things >_< . .I recall this has happened before . .I guess I should use the "I didn't get the memo" excuse XD
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

amfest wrote:oh yea .. i was just thinking .. when an image gets put as disabled . .the rating system submit should go away . . . and images that are disabled should be made sure to not appear on the rating page. Not sure if that's already in effect . . . images that have high ratings might end up disabled for a bigger version of it and such though it'd be nice if somehow there was a mod link to sorta option where if a mod disableds an image to a larger, cleaner, complete version they can easily merge it's info to the new one . .like ratings will be added to the non-disabled one and though it might be much . .people who fav'd the previous one get their fav redirected to the linked one.

Also i've been trying to look at images of sakura . .and I think that would work best if we can get some art of it . .for each rating version the sakura can just be folded more towards going in half. you just have to look at this to know what I mean http://pantransit.reptiles.org/images/1 ... _junr2.jpg

maybe solwyern can whip something up.
I don't really get the folding in half part but... Like this?
5 stars: ImageImageImageImageImage
4 stars: ImageImageImageImage
3 stars: ImageImageImage
etc...
amfest

Post by amfest »

eva .. the way it works is you have to cut the single image of the flower itself . . So anony made a single star . .and then if lets say it's a 1.5 rating . .you see a star and half of a star . .. then you have the 1/4 version and the 3/4 version of that star image. The script automatically puts 4 images of the star or 3 images of the star and so forth by repeating the same image. As for the folding in half thing .. haven't you ever seen images of hanabi where it's all falling around? . . they fold over or how they fall so sometimes you see it curling on the wind.

like the image I posted earlier or take this for example

Image and Image

can be used like this

http://amfest.org/7am/files/Renasakura.mov

btw sakura 1 and 2 images are from the ren'py game engine default resources.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Has any progress been made on the Top 100 List Anon or has it been put on hold?
Valea

Post by Valea »

I've been rating images lately. I never give images ratings lower than 2 or higher than 5. I've also noticed that it encourages people to rate as well.
If I don't like the image, I give it a 2.
If it's just a normal image, I give it a 3.
If it's a great image, I give it a 4.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

I'd still like some one to come up with replacement images for the current rating stars.
There should be a whole one and a half like this:
http://e-shuushuu.net/special/star.jpg
http://e-shuushuu.net/special/star-half.jpg

The sakura petal ones are a good idea, but I'd like to see a more distinguishable difference between the whole and half.
e-shuushuu!
amfest

Post by amfest »

hmm .. well I tried recreateing a full petal version

and half hmm . .

would that do? Did you want them larger?
anonymous_object
Site Admin

amfest wrote:hmm .. well I tried recreateing a full petal version

and half hmm . .

would that do? Did you want them larger?
No, actually, I'd like them a bit smaller. Preferably no larger than 15x15.
e-shuushuu!
amfest

Post by amfest »

well I tried just resizing the original psds down to 15x15 instead of 20x20 . .my . that's small XD

Image Image

hmm .. .I don't know >_>
anonymous_object
Site Admin

They need to be that small or they mess up the formatting of the fields around them.

http://e-shuushuu.net/image.php?mode=view&image_id=2552
e-shuushuu!